bjornhallberg

KingSong KS16 680Wh (Sweden)

10 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

So I have a KS16 that has seen very little use. Never got around to learn how to ride, never got the hang of it really, and now it's been collecting dust since last year. It's the white 680 Wh version. Will post some pictures and more info if there is any interest. Still have the original packaging.

IMG_20170427_100052.jpg

IMG_20170427_100010.jpg

IMG_20170427_095924.jpg

IMG_20170427_095851.jpg

IMG_20170427_095841.jpg

IMG_20170427_095745.jpg

Screenshot_20170427-100422.png

Screenshot_20170427-100437.png

Screenshot_20170427-100453.jpg

Edited by bjornhallberg
Added pictures

I might be interested, although I'm actually looking for the 840Wh -version (either the older KS16B/C or the new S-model). I could consider buying that for spare parts or to use as a "modding platform", but then the price would have to be relatively low. Probably you'll get better offers from other people :P  How much are you asking for it? 

Btw, if it has been sitting unused for that long, I hope you didn't charge the battery to full before leaving it... the cells degrade a lot faster with high voltage and/or high temperatures.

On 2017-04-19 at 9:17 PM, esaj said:

I might be interested, although I'm actually looking for the 840Wh -version (either the older KS16B/C or the new S-model). I could consider buying that for spare parts or to use as a "modding platform", but then the price would have to be relatively low. Probably you'll get better offers from other people :P  How much are you asking for it? 

Btw, if it has been sitting unused for that long, I hope you didn't charge the battery to full before leaving it... the cells degrade a lot faster with high voltage and/or high temperatures.

Batteries were left at maybe 75% over winter. Definitely not fully charged at any rate. Kept in the basement so perhaps 17C and dry conditions. I guess I could get some data from the app to confirm battery condition?

11 hours ago, bjornhallberg said:

Batteries were left at maybe 75% over winter. Definitely not fully charged at any rate. Kept in the basement so perhaps 17C and dry conditions. I guess I could get some data from the app to confirm battery condition?

75% shouldn't be that bad, especially since the temperature isn't high, around 40% and low (but not freezing) temperature is apparently "optimal" for storing. High temperature + 100% charge can eat away over 1/3rd of the maximum capacity permanently in 3 months:

Temperature

Lead acid

at full charge

Nickel-based

at any charge

Lithium-ion (Li-cobalt)

40% charge

100% charge

0°C

25°C

40°C

60°C

97%

90%

62%

38%
(after 6 months)

99%

97%

95%

70%

98%

96%

85%

75%

94%

80%

65%

60%
(after 3 months)

Table 2: Estimated recoverable capacity when storing a battery for one year. Elevated temperature hastens permanent capacity loss. Depending on battery type, lithium-ion is also sensitive to charge levels.

Edited by esaj

Good to know. I keep the EUC in the garage at this point. Was a bit worried about possible moisture during the winter but that would probably have been an ideal storage at +10C.

At Monday I'm going from Telleborg to Halmstad, Maybe possible to make a deal. So price , please. 

Edited by Robi Bobi

Not anyway near Halmstad I'm afraid. About the price I'm not sure. What does the community think about this?

Can you post some photos up?  I think these 680 wh older units go for about 1200 euros when new?  So maybe for a used one in good condition with no warranty it might fetch about 700-900 euros?  People likely are eyeing the latest model, the KS16S, with the more powerful motor now.