Discord euc channel get-the-ball-rolling incentive program

John Eucist

Update: This "incentive program" has ended.
As an incentive to "get the ball rolling" on our new Discord channel I will find a random time in the next 24 hours to credit everyone who is online at that moment (easier to idle on desktop of course) in the Discord euc channel (you don't even have to talk) with 10 forum reputation points. Update: I will credit those who have chat more than 5 lines of non-spam meaningful conversation at any point in the 24 hour period as well. In order to receive the reward you must have a username or nickname that matches your forum name. To change your nickname (if it's different from your Discord account name) while in our Discord euc channel type /nick [your-forum-name]. Please note that nicknames are channel-specific and it doesn't affect your name in any other channels you might be on. This reward thing will repeat every day for several days or until "the ball is rolling" (whichever first) and this will stop. Please note that only forum members that already have at least 10 existing reputation points can be rewarded. If you're under 10 points, then points might be given by discretion.
Click this link to get started: https://discord.gg/GJTHZ3r

What the heck is Discord?

Having trouble registering. The app is downloaded but when I enter my email address a prompt states "email does not exist". :crying:

5 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

You might need to register an email and password first.  I think that's what I did on my iPhone.

I actually removed the requirement for registering (a few hours ago right after @Hunka Hunka Burning Love registered) although it still doesn't explain why @Rehab1 couldn't register if he chooses to. :(

2 minutes ago, John Eucist said:

I actually removed the need for registering a few hours ago although it still doesn't explain why he can't register. Not sure what's wrong in @Rehab1's case. :( 

I purposely shortened my email address to avoid the DW's of the world but this is the screen showing prompt I receive even with my full address. 

14 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

I purposely shortened my email address to avoid the DW's of the world but this is the screen showing prompt I receive even with my full address. 

That's not the registration screen though. That's the login screen for when you already have an account. In any case you can just click the link below to go straight in without needing to sign in or register. You can "claim" your account later.
https://discord.gg/GJTHZ3r

Here is the sequence of cyber events after cutting and pasting
https://discord.gg/GJTHZ3r . I must have downloaded the app awhile back but never proceeded. I only use one email address but maybe I entered it wrong from the beginning. How do I start from square one?

1 minute ago, Rehab1 said:

Here is the sequence of cyber event after cutting and pasting
https://discord.gg/GJTHZ3r . I must have downloaded the app awhile back but never proceeded. I only use one email address but maybe I entered it wrong from the beginning. How do I start from square one?

Hmm. Maybe try uninstall and reinstall the app?

3 minutes ago, John Eucist said:

@Rehab1 ok you got it to work (we chatted in Discord). Just curious, was uninstalling and reinstalling the iOS app what did the trick?

Yes that is what I needed to do! Thanks again!

6 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

:w00t2: Oh yeah baby!  And remember what happens in Disco RiDers channel STAYS in Disco RiDers channel. 

4 hours ago, esaj said:

If the "carrot" doesn't work, then we'll have to move to the "stick"..? ;) Probably have to start punishing people for "too much" chit-chat in the forums (starting with myself)? :P

I stopped by the other day and the place was dead! Is there anyway to program an icon or symbol next to the forum member's avatar indicating the member is currently logged into the Discord room? 

Archived