Pingouin

NEW Gotway Monster 100V

136 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

I don't quite remember how it all started :innocent1:,  but no worries Marty.  If the GT16 bumplants while you're naked and riding backwards I got your back.  I'll be ready to catch you.  :w00t2:

:roflmao: You always make me laugh @Hunka Hunka Burning Love

11 hours ago, captainwells said:

I saw a reference to a faceplant at 40km/h so I have tilt-back set at 39km/h.

You may consider that the faceplant you saw referenced could also have happened at 37km/h (considering measurement uncertainty or slight different conditions). I also don't think a tiltback at 39km/h is a good warranty to never get to 40km/h or beyond. You would probably need more slack to achieve this.

Edited by Mono

5 hours ago, Mono said:

I also don't think a tiltback at 39km/h is a good warranty to never get to 40km/h or beyond. You would probably need more slack achieve this.

Agreed.  If it potentially dies at 40, you need a larger margin to avoid it dying.  Any bump, rock, hill, etc can take it over the edge.  Especially when it's already working extra hard to tilt you back.

3 hours ago, esaj said:

The plus ( + ) -sign next to the "Quote" -button is multiquote. You click it on all the posts you want to quote and then click the "Quote X posts" -button that appears in the lower right corner. Don't know how it looks on mobiles though.

Thanks, esaj.

21 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:
21 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Idle you only hear the high pitched whine. It's less bad/loud than it seems in videos, and you forget about it if you're not concentrating on it, but it's stil there and occasionally while riding you remember it and wish the wheel would be a bit more quiet (this includes the turbine noise, it's a bit like you hear forest workers with saws in the far distance, as long as you concentrate on it, otherwise you forget).

But I would not consider it a reason to go against such a wheel in any way.

I like the sound I hear in the videos.  To me it's a plus.

12 hours ago, Mono said:

You may consider that the faceplant you saw referenced could also have happened at 37km/h (considering measurement uncertainty or slight different conditions). I also don't think a tiltback at 39km/h is a good warranty to never get to 40km/h or beyond. You would probably need more slack to achieve this.

7 hours ago, SuperSport said:

Agreed.  If it potentially dies at 40, you need a larger margin to avoid it dying.  Any bump, rock, hill, etc can take it over the edge.  Especially when it's already working extra hard to tilt you back.

So my three alarm levels are set at 38,39, and 40 km/h.  I have tilt-back set at 42 km/h.  These setting suit my riding style.  The wheel feels plenty fast at 35 km/h.  I never ride with the wheel beeping.  The only time I would get into beep territory would be when I'm passing a bike or something.  I don't anticipate ever hitting 40 km/h.  The tilt-back is at 42 km/h because even though it's a subtle tilt-back, I only want it as a last resort if I can't hear the beeps.

@steve454 I can understand that! I watched a longer Ninebot video once, and it sounded so... silent and boring in comparison.

Also I don't know how the ACM sounds to a person not riding the wheel, I only heard it riding myself. Maybe it's totally different? I don't want to annoy people, I would not like high-pitched/whining stuff myself when in nature etc, if it is too loud/notable.

26 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

I don't want to annoy people, I would not like high-pitched/whining stuff myself when in nature etc, if it is too loud/notable.

Good point, other people might not like the sound as much as the rider, but I tend to give right of way to everyone not on a wheel and never ride near groups of people, so for me it might be good.  I never hear people say anything about the noise a wheel is making in any of the videos I've seen, so maybe it is like you said, the camera hears the noise more than the ears.

1 hour ago, captainwells said:

So my three alarm levels are set at 38,39, and 40 km/h.  I have tilt-back set at 42 km/h.  These setting suit my riding style.  The wheel feels plenty fast at 35 km/h.  I never ride with the wheel beeping.  The only time I would get into beep territory would be when I'm passing a bike or something.  I don't anticipate ever hitting 40 km/h.  The tilt-back is at 42 km/h because even though it's a subtle tilt-back, I only want it as a last resort if I can't hear the beeps.

I guess you are grown up, so you have to do what you have to do.

On 4/20/2017 at 1:48 AM, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

I don't quite remember how it all started :innocent1:,  but no worries Marty.  If the GT16 bumplants while you're naked and riding backwards I got your back.  I'll be ready to catch you.  :w00t2:

Sounds like a Brokeback Mountain moment!:facepalm: