3 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

What's the story behind that? The two companies have a common history? Any links? Who does not like EUC manufacturer drama!

@esaj Another offtopic danger;)

There is the rumour, that Kingsong (2years ago) was only build with the knowledge of an GW engineer, who left GW and joined KS instead!

Some say thats true, some says thats totally nonsens....i have to say that from a Firmware and boards GW/KS have a diffference like night and day, so i am on the not believer side :-) But what is true is....thats OFF Topic ;-)

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Pingouin said:

Hi,

I started this topic to share the info with those who might me interested (or not) with the new Monster 100V, I don't know why Linea Lin from Gotway said that there are no such EUC coming out, because WheelzWorld already ordered some units of these new Monsters, and on his website you can pre-order some, so that wouldn't make any sense for him to spread fake info and take pre-orders for a EUC that doesn't exist :D

I just went to Wheelzworld.com and cannot find any reference to a 100v Monster.This is the same site that still lists the Mten,M8 and M5 in their wheels section and those wheels have not been made for years now.So if there is going to be a 100v Monster,somebody seems to want to keep it a secret.:huh:

5 hours ago, Pingouin said:

Hi,

I started this topic to share the info with those who might me interested (or not) with the new Monster 100V, I don't know why Linea Lin from Gotway said that there are no such EUC coming out, because WheelzWorld already ordered some units of these new Monsters, and on his website you can pre-order some, so that wouldn't make any sense for him to spread fake info and take pre-orders for a EUC that doesn't exist :D

It apparently does, there will only be 1845Wh option for the Monster 100V unfortunately, I guess it will be a very limited market for the already limited Monster market.

I only see on his site that you can pre-order a new Monster.  Doesn't say anything about a 100v version. 

(At least I didn't see any mention of a 100v version.)

4 hours ago, Tilmann said:

<snip>

That should still be good for about 100km on one charge, right? At least my feet will be grateful for an excuse to slot in a pause then :whistling:.

<snip>.

I get slightly more than 100km on my 2400wh Monster, so this version would represent a significant drop in range capability.

2 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

There is the rumour, that Kingsong (2years ago) was only build with the knowledge of an GW engineer, who left GW and joined KS instead!

Some say thats true, some says thats totally nonsens....i have to say that from a Firmware and boards GW/KS have a diffference like night and day, so i am on the not believer side :-) But what is true is....thats OFF Topic ;-)

Yet it always struct me how similar the wheel configuration (from the app) is, and that the Wheellog app works with both wheels. When I received my first Gotway and KingSong wheels I had the sense that there was a common DNA.

2 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Yet it always struct me how similar the wheel configuration (from the app) is, and that the Wheellog app works with both wheels. When I received my first Gotway and KingSong wheels I had the sense that there was a common DNA.

I believe that may be due to using the same or similiar bluetooth chip in their wheels.There is a Rockwheel app that connects to KS and Gotways wheels(similiar bluetooth protocalls) but a disdain to the WheelGodz!:o

For the first year or so of Kingsong's existence, the GW and KS apps could be used interchangeably. They showed cosmetic differences, but the inner workings were identical, i.e. they clearly used the identical interface spec (which is individually defined way above the Bluetooth layer). @esaj did quite a bit of reverse engineering of the protocol at the time. Do a search for "Wheelemetrics" if you're forensically motivated :D

With the advent of BT 4.0 LE (as used in mcm4, ACM, Msuper V3, etc.), both companies had to redesign their apps internal workings anyway and the compatibility ended, although the similar roots may still be detectable. 

Back to the Monsters: @Marty Backe please post a picture of your feet after riding >100km in one go :shock2:. Oh wait ... you got one of them sitting cushions for the elderly with your Monster? That's cheating :barf:

1 minute ago, Tilmann said:

For the first year or so of Kingsong's existence, the GW and KS apps could be used interchangeably. They showed cosmetic differences, but the inner workings were identical, i.e. they clearly used the identical interface spec (which is individually defined way above the Bluetooth layer). @esaj did quite a bit of reverse engineering of the protocol at the time. Do a search for "Wheelemetrics" if you're forensically motivated :D

With the advent of BT 4.0 LE (as used in mcm4, ACM, Msuper V3, etc.), both companies had to redesign their apps internal workings anyway and the compatibility ended, although the similar roots may still be detectable. 

Back to the Monsters: @Marty Backe please post a picture of your feet after riding >100km in one go :shock2:. Oh wait ... you got one of them sitting cushions for the elderly with your Monster? That's cheating :barf:

Apparently my feet are made of steel because I can ride great distances without needing a break :D  I do not own any of those wheel cushions - I wouldn't be caught dead using one of those ^_^

2 hours ago, Hansolo said:

SQY-Paris-SQY.JPG

Sweet! If this was Berlin, I would bet, it was a couple of bicycle cops chasing you all the way around town :ph34r:.

Now I want a Monster and move to Paris (before Marie declares Frexit) :cheers:

On 4/15/2017 at 5:05 PM, meepmeepmayer said:

@Marty Backe I know nothing about electric motors, just my thoughts:

67V is 12% over specification.

84V is 40%.

100V would be over 65%.

So I'm wondering, what is a "60V motor" when you can overuse it by that much and it still works? Anyways, maybe it is possible.

But if my cables melted at 84V, should it not be even easier to melt the same cables (assuming) by using a lot of power (uphills...) at 100V? Will a 100V wheel be even more in danger of damage due to high power draw (because it's easier to demand power)?

I'd want some definitive safety guarantees (like new parts, cables) from GW before considering a 100V msuper.

I own a Sondors Electric Bike. Our group does many upgrades to them. They come stock with a 36v 8Ah battery, 15A Controller, and a 36v 350 watt motor.

People are putting in 52v batteries and pushing the motors up to 900 watts and still getting years of use out of them. 

On the bikes, if you want to go faster, we install higher voltage batteries. 48v or 52v

If we want more torque, we install a higher amp controller.  20A-35A

If we want more range, we install higher Ah or Wh batteries. 12.8-20Ah +

There are those that install 1500 watt motors and they are doing wheelies with throttle only. 

QlglguE4Pd3J2afxvSuaU4QYYcxsx05Oj78QpZ4U8CoZ0byFLVv2OKajx759lcKlz1nxXZHb4gn2b3Lg6AmWsJLXIOD-fQcySbdJxBQw5keChGqRtcAi3jOjmUPCkTiSmeZdyLj6ZVSsdYnrrgPrJcqtwXOC32fUAjzYzWP1JeV8Nvh-7Zjcfq_QgFE11sdemkzlEu_3y-xw_WJDuywng7t_jBoXzUbMgu9_aT7gm7TLahzGDa7XySVXv1FX4qcVkpnnZWg5xInsE12iNXajciuX_JhOTm22bQVB0QbB6etM98r8oPa4cyAkAFOJbqQW4eKUj7bvZUbdegU7MVyd9mklGtcuWpMrq6AO88L3y_UMI98JEc2xppVCVeaHsz6nBdQ3z0QDTEBTjaYi2nQSETrAlK8AGiOdJ8TgwoDqy62BJ45xXEir2pcg1kJq_HmX8W2YVG_Gr1vmVFrjRG3NfJTGgRPk4uGEkaBnqnmc9CjIJEBwwPEvGMla8rR2SMSYHDCL5xI-yObJvXVxjUqpTEHQzc5PpyMVy-fgEhpZoqfttzY3xlc9MBLhZXmjji2FeQUr6g_9KU2vCHtR7rfAwi7pDUl7o3iaX5i2LnczIOcSC_cG0U4brg=w1299-h974-no

5 minutes ago, SuperSport said:

I own a Sondors Electric Bike. Our group does many upgrades to them. They come stock with a 36v 8Ah battery, 15A Controller, and a 36v 350 watt motor.

People are putting in 52v batteries and pushing the motors up to 900 watts and still getting years of use out of them. 

On the bikes, if you want to go faster, we install higher voltage batteries. 48v or 52v

If we want more torque, we install a higher amp controller.  20A-35A

If we want more range, we install higher Ah or Wh batteries. 12.8-20Ah +

There are those that install 1500 watt motors and they are doing wheelies with throttle only. 

We need to get @Rehab1 to upgrade his ACM to 100v,since he has done all the other upgrades to his wheel!:thumbup:

Just now, Hoverboard UK said:

It looks super heavy.

Mine weighs around 75 lbs as seen, so it's REALLY hard to get my front end off the ground. I'm still stock motor and controller but upgraded 12.8Ah 36v battery. 

33 minutes ago, SuperSport said:

Thanks for the info, interesting to hear that wattages can mean nothing. I wondering if the situation is comparable to EUCs, though.

20-35A (as opposed to 15) through a standard wire is apparently doable, but with EUCs it looks like (from what I gathered here) you're rather going in the 200+ A territory so literally the wires may not be made for that, which is a different situation than staying in the physical limits.

The entire idea was, the higher voltage will used to increase power, so the current won't be lower, but they might even try to push it higher. Dunno if the EUC motors can deal with that.

9 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

9 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

When I received my first Gotway and KingSong wheels I had the sense that there was a common DNA.

On the videos I have seen, both Kingsong and Gotway make the same sound.  Kind of a high pitched sound that I like.  Sorry, @KingSong69, I was trying to quote both you and Marty, but I can only quote one post, so I tried to put your quote and his together, but it looks like Marty said both things.

10 minutes ago, steve454 said:

On the videos I have seen, both Kingsong and Gotway make the same sound.  Kind of a high pitched sound that I like.

Until you ride one all day or park it for a few minutes while turned on. It eventually gets pretty annoying. ?  I love my GotWay, but I could really do without the noise. 

7 minutes ago, SuperSport said:

Until you ride one all day or park it for a few minutes while turned on. It eventually gets pretty annoying. ?  I love my GotWay, but I could really do without the noise. 

Are you saying that they make that sound even when sitting idle?  It kind of reminds me of the sound of a fighter plane at idle, or an airliner, it sounds like a jet engine.

Idle you only hear the high pitched whine. It's less bad/loud than it seems in videos, and you forget about it if you're not concentrating on it, but it's stil there and occasionally while riding you remember it and wish the wheel would be a bit more quiet (this includes the turbine noise, it's a bit like you hear forest workers with saws in the far distance, as long as you concentrate on it, otherwise you forget).

But I would not consider it a reason to go against such a wheel in any way.

8 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Idle you only hear the high pitched whine. It's less bad/loud than it seems in videos, and you forget about it if you're not concentrating on it, but it's stil there and occasionally while riding you remember it and wish the wheel would be a bit more quiet.

But I would not consider it a reason to go against such a wheel in any way.

It won't keep me from a wheel, but it does get annoying after a while, even when sitting idle.  I guess I hear it easier than some others, because it does grind on my nerves a bit.  But, like I say, I prefer the noise over having another lesser wheel.

5 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

You may be right, I only rode with a cap against the cold so it will be more notable without.

Like I say, it's probably me being more sensitive to it than most. I hear things most people can't. Normally it's voices in my head, but also this whistle. ?

Haha, if the wheel tells you to "kill them all" despite having only a beeper, you know something is up:D

My hearing is also pretty good (I hear all those high pitched cheap chargers, lamps, etc) so when I have a working ACM again, I'll ride with no cap for the first time and who knows...

Archived