Player, cycle, and learning modes?

kasenutty

Any thoughts about these? I started on player mode in the app on my 14c and just left it there because I wasn't sure where to set it. I'm still learning and couldn't  tell the differences really when I tried the other modes.

Where do you set yours and does it seem different really?

Hi,

the main difference between player and e.g. learning mode is the acceleration and braking behaviour.

Which means playing mode is the one with the best responsibility. If you lean hard forward you also will accelerate much faster than in cycle or learning mode.

Try them out if you really feel comfortable on your wheel.

In my opinion i prefer the player mode, maybe it is also the "safer" mode because braking responsibility seems to be better...

But it's your choice. :thumbup:

For me and my KS16B (I also learned riding EUCs 10 months ago on the same wheel) I need to say both cycle and learning modes were without any value for me, from begin on.

When I started riding, I tried on the first day with learning and cycle mode, was not happy with it, set it to player mode and never changed it back again.

I found the wheel easier to handle with player mode, also as a beginner.

3 hours ago, kasenutty said:

I clocked many hours over the weekend, trying all three modes. You're all right, Player mode is the best one. The others feel squishy. 

You might, however, find that the slightly softer (squishier!) "Cycle" mode is a little less tiring on long journeys as the softer response can put a bit less strain on your feet. 

In theory, at least, it should also improve range as it is not constantly braking and accelerating hard at your slightest movement. I do tend to revert to it on long rides as my 340Wh wheel doesn't have the greatest range. Rest of the time it stays in "Player" mode though.

Archived