Impressions 60 days with inm v5f

Demargon

Hi. This is my third euc and my first quick review. After a couple of mounts and 669,9 km. think I can show how is riding this euc and gonna try in English, not my native language, pls forgive my bad grammar.

The incorrect information from inmotionIberia of max speed and range where it says 40 km/h and 40km but may say 25 km/h and 30km piss me off. But the price was ok for me (700€)  I don't want the refound offered and decided to keep it.

The advantage of that euc are many, good looking design, useful handle and lift swich. Bright front light, back light blinks when brake. Very comfortable due his curved shapes and hi padded sides. Hi pedals position are damn good for off road. Impressive torque, good autonomy and content weight. 

Need to improve the pedals and trolley quality, those get loose or comes with it from fabric (trolley). The inmotion app is full of busg. The battery position on top rise the gravity center and makes really hard for boomerang or coin flip tricks. The body shell are quite slim, that not help to keep it straight in hi speed  pushing with the legs. They haven't grip at all to pull it up in jumps, foots slide unless you put the extra pads who inmotion gives in for ankles protection.

I think is really good for cross due his hi pass pedals and big torque. Not to heavy to do tricks, and enough hard to not break if you don't do it well (unless the trolley bar and the pedals). Sorry but I can't compare it against other in his league, I only have other cheap "oneWheel" Who can't be compared.

I want to make an extensive review with my top range, hi slope climb, max turning inclination, better pedal angle and more. Please, make your questions and comments, would be nice gather a great data base for all euc together

Screenshot_20170413-150946.png

PicsArt_04-14-01.03.06.png

PicsArt_04-14-01.02.38.png

PicsArt_04-14-01.00.54.png

I want to say that euc appear to be very well mounted. After lots of hard roads, bumps and failed tricks keep making any creeping noise. I read of other users having problems with lose screws on handle bar, I don't have that problem because continuous revisions but mine have a little gap in the hinge  who makes it very uncomfortable to carry.

I last a week to install the mudward, regret because the handlebar catches all mud, unless you are holding it, then the mud can get to cover you ?

Another weak point are the pedals, I use a lot the left pedal hinge because I use right hand to carry, also most of my fails ends with a left step in land and right keeping the euc in result of a lot more impacts in the left pedal hinge. That hinge is coming to malfunction, now I can fit to barely mobility from completely lose with no middle point possible. The screw to set the resistance don't catch in a soft and uniform end like right, it seems to end in aluminium instead of plastic. 

The more unexplainable issue to me is the battery have three different levels of full. In two hours reach the 100% for the app but charger keeps in red and euc indicator blinking. Almost three hours charger go green but euc keep blinking. After three hours euc also show 100%. Would be nice some expert explain that.

Coming soon with more impressions

Same EUC as you.

I have two scratches on the left footpeg from where I dropped it when first learning but it seems you've dropped it while building your human capital. I am too chicken to learn anything because I am afraid of scratching my v5f.

Can you give examples of your hardest crashes and falls?

Mayor of them are hits on rocks, the down side takes a lot. Some of front are from the mini bmx track. You can get a idea from my videos 

The worst crash I had was with one cheap OnlyWeel who I throw it accidentally down hill against rocks and trees when he decided to shutdown due overspeed. I think the vf5 don't survive something like that without many serious damges. Lights, handles, chasis border and others probably break if hits a rock over 15km/h

When you go over gravel do rocks ever go inside your wheel? And I wonder if that could lock up a wheel. This is one of my bigger fears although it has never happened. I have often (usually) stop, and remove all the leaves and twigs that get stuck under the mudguard. I've never been dumped from that, though.

On 4/15/2017 at 6:06 PM, Demargon said:

The more unexplainable issue to me is the battery have three different levels of full. In two hours reach the 100% for the app but charger keeps in red and euc indicator blinking. Almost three hours charger go green but euc keep blinking. After three hours euc also show 100%. Would be nice some expert explain that.

Coming soon with more impressions

Same with my V5F+. The app shows 100% while the indicator on the wheel still blinks and charger has red light. It takes additional 1.5 hours to get green light on the charger but then the indicator on the wheel also stops blinking. I always thought that the app was showing incorrect charge level because of my "+" version with larger battery, but it seems not to be the case.

On 4/16/2017 at 2:17 AM, Demargon said:

Mayor of them are hits on rocks, the down side takes a lot. Some of front are from the mini bmx track. You can get a idea from my videos 

The worst crash I had was with one cheap OnlyWeel who I throw it accidentally down hill against rocks and trees when he decided to shutdown due overspeed. I think the vf5 don't survive something like that without many serious damges. Lights, handles, chasis border and others probably break if hits a rock over 15km/h

Man, I don't doubt your skill, but please consider wearing at least a helmet and wrist guards when riding on those rocks.

12 minutes ago, xebeche said:

Same with my V5F+. The app shows 100% while the indicator on the wheel still blinks and charger has red light. It takes additional 1.5 hours to get green light on the charger but then the indicator on the wheel also stops blinking. I always thought that the app was showing incorrect charge level because of my "+" version with larger battery, but it seems not to be the case.

I have this problem as well. I suspect without confirmation that when the Inmotion application says 100% there is still considerably more room in the battery.

I rarely charge past 85% so I'm not positive (hehe) what I said is true...

1 hour ago, LanghamP said:

When you go over gravel do rocks ever go inside your wheel? And I wonder if that could lock up a wheel. This is one of my bigger fears although it has never happened. I have often (usually) stop, and remove all the leaves and twigs that get stuck under the mudguard. I've never been dumped from that, though.

I had a wood pellet get stuck between shell and tire on my Gotway MCM2s once. It completely locked up the wheel and face planted me. This was a real surprise, but no real damage done. I have gone over the same pellets path (made for jogging etc) with the V8 afterwards quite a few times without problems. As you can see I am trying hard.

It's probably much harder to collect a large enough rock into the shell, because a rock weighs much more than a wooden pellet. 

Yea @LanghamP that happen often with the cheap, but only with light ones like @Mono said, many times I alarmed with a crushing sound what I assume are from those little rocks hiting the shell from inside. The only time I catch a stoping rock was in my Montesa cota 25 many years ago.

One of my favourite thing of euc riding is I don't really need special equipment, but @xebeche I promise use it when I can get over 25km/h. While I prefer to be cautious and think all three times before doing

4 hours ago, LanghamP said:

I suspect without confirmation that when the Inmotion application says 100% there is still considerably more room in the battery.

I suspect that also with the Ninebot.  They probably are protecting the battery from maximum charge for safety.  A good idea:cheers:

Two things.

For small scratches and abrasions I use this. Start with the roughest and by the time you finish the plastic looks wet.

MICRO MESH SANDING SHEETS INTRODUCTORY WOOD KIT by Peachtree Woodworking https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000H6HIK2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_71p-ybJA5E74J

Also, the charge percent seems bizarre. I may start at 80%, go four miles, and end up at 40%. Or I start at 100%, go four miles, and have something like 95%.

Very cool product @LanghamP!  Once I finally take off my inmotion cover I could definitely see using these.

As for the charge percent, have you tried using the DarknessBot app?  I'm not using the inmotion app at all any more, just DarknessBot and Cyclemeter. Obviously there are a few things that DarknessBot is missing, but so far, for what it offers, it seems reliable.

On ‎17‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 2:52 PM, LanghamP said:

I suspect without confirmation that when the Inmotion application says 100% there is still considerably more room in the battery.

This is certainly true for the ninebot MiniPro if bought in North America.  Its charger only charges the battery to 4800mah out of the maximum 5700mah.

On 15.4.2017 at 6:06 PM, Demargon said:

to me is the battery have three different levels of full. In two hours reach the 100% for the app but charger keeps in red and euc indicator blinking. Almost three hours charger go green but euc keep blinking. After three hours euc also show 100%. Would be nice some expert explain th

I would guess it are 2 things:

First: the app or the batterie meter does seam to be not very exact!

then: on all wheels upto 90% the charge goes very fast...but the last 10% are slow, as the cells in your wheel are getting balanced and that takes time..

so that behavior is more or less normal!

from 90-100% will take up to one extra hour....

Archived