Ninebot Elite+ PTR Loud And Shaking

Bohrstein

Anyone with a Ninebot Elite+ PTR can confirm that this is the way the Elite should behave? Ninebot tells me, at least the noise is OK. They haven’t had the time to respond to the shaking. In the video, I am driving at about 18 km/h (about 11 mph), so the Elite+ is not at its limit. The shaking is speed-independent. 

• I checked the wheel nuts
  • I checked the tire pressures
  • I checked the tires for damages and imbalance
  • I checked the rim for damages and imbalance
  • I re-calibrated the sensors using the Ninebot app
  • I reset the settings using the Ninebot app
  • nothing helped

ANY suggestion or comment would be appreciated.  

• Upvote 1

• 5 months later...

yeah, I got the wobble, too ~ it was mostly due to underinflated tires & unequal pressure (doesn't take much difference to = wobble).  it could also be due to "uneven wear" on the tires (not sure).

myself, recently starting getting a faint clunking noise (after recalibration).  I only hear / notice it while under way (under power), operating the scooter.  my calibration attempt was due to what I thought was horizontal drift being off somewhat.  afterward, not seeing any alleviation of the problem, it resulting in me trying o re-calibrating, again  (yet, alas, noise still remains) perhaps, I am doing it wrong?....dunno.  still haven't gotten around to pulling the wheels off, to check it out.  note: the noise does not happen when I just roll it, only when I am operating it, under power.  it is a rythmnic noise, as if something is catching every time the wheel(s) go 'round.  hmmm.....I am mechanically-inclined but still can't seem to figure it out.  perhaps, I should break down & call / contact ninebot u.s.?

• 1 year later...
On 4/10/2017 at 1:29 AM, Bohrstein said:

Anyone with a Ninebot Elite+ PTR can confirm that this is the way the Elite should behave? Ninebot tells me, at least the noise is OK. They haven’t had the time to respond to the shaking. In the video, I am driving at about 18 km/h (about 11 mph), so the Elite+ is not at its limit. The shaking is speed-independent. 

Did you ever get an answer from Ninebot? I just took delivery of mine 8-19-2019 and it's identical seems like a harmonic function of the bounce of the tires making the tilt of the platform oscillate, once it starts the bounce it continues until slowing below 18 kph, maybe boost tire pressure a couple lbs 2-3 and see if different, will be a harsher ride

On 4/10/2017 at 1:29 AM, Bohrstein said:
  • I checked the wheel nuts
  • I checked the tire pressures
  • I checked the tires for damages and imbalance
  • I checked the rim for damages and imbalance
  • I re-calibrated the sensors using the Ninebot app
  • I reset the settings using the Ninebot app
  • nothing helped

ANY suggestion or comment would be appreciated.  

Definitely sounds normal for the Elite.  I don't really get a good indication of any shaking from the video that I can attribute to the machine.   You can check the tire/wheel mounting.  Look at the tire as the wheels turns, are they running true?   I had one that was out of alight meant due to poor machining of one of the mounts.  I was able to fix that and it aligned must better, but still not perfect.  I have not felt like taking it apart again to see if I can fix the alignment even more.  

On 8/20/2019 at 7:26 PM, FreeRide said:

Definitely sounds normal for the Elite.  I don't really get a good indication of any shaking from the video that I can attribute to the machine.   You can check the tire/wheel mounting.  Look at the tire as the wheels turns, are they running true?   I had one that was out of alight meant due to poor machining of one of the mounts.  I was able to fix that and it aligned must better, but still not perfect.  I have not felt like taking it apart again to see if I can fix the alignment even more.  

I've heard others, the gear noise is normal but the oscillation is like a motor is pulsing and I can now sense it wiggle the the noise waffle. Ninebot is taking it in for a look after seeing my video, I'll let you know what they find.

On 9/17/2017 at 9:39 AM, Bird Braine said:

yeah, I got the wobble, too ~ it was mostly due to underinflated tires & unequal pressure (doesn't take much difference to = wobble).  it could also be due to "uneven wear" on the tires (not sure).

myself, recently starting getting a faint clunking noise (after recalibration).  I only hear / notice it while under way (under power), operating the scooter.  my calibration attempt was due to what I thought was horizontal drift being off somewhat.  afterward, not seeing any alleviation of the problem, it resulting in me trying o re-calibrating, again  (yet, alas, noise still remains) perhaps, I am doing it wrong?....dunno.  still haven't gotten around to pulling the wheels off, to check it out.  note: the noise does not happen when I just roll it, only when I am operating it, under power.  it is a rythmnic noise, as if something is catching every time the wheel(s) go 'round.  hmmm.....I am mechanically-inclined but still can't seem to figure it out.  perhaps, I should break down & call / contact ninebot u.s.?

Did you ever find the cause of the wobble? I saw a video on youtube about the polymer gear wear on the gearbox, see replacement video in deutsch, but you'll get the idea 

• Upvote 1