Hello,i am a new forum user aged 37 and thinking about buying the xiaomi ninebot model but i wonder do segway and xiaomi  use the same firmware and app so i can downgrade to earlier fw?Also this will be my first time with scooters do you think am i old for riding? Thanks

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thank you all for the answers.I placed the order today,i live in Turkey and i think i will get it at the end of this month.I know it depends but what will be the firmware am i going to get it with?

Also as i found out  i ordered the xiaomi mini version other than pro what are the differences between mini and pro?Are they doing same speed?Should i cancel my order and place pro ?There is $270 price difference.Anyways i cancelled the mini order and place pro but cant decide either white or black?

I have the mini -not pro and im happy with it! the battery has less cappacity so the range might be smaller but to be honnest mine does about 18KM range so ot is good! the rest is the same so there is no point to over spend such a big money! mini pro has a steering regulation hight and different wcheel cover and thats it. this was the trick from ninebot to put the prices up. they didnt bother to make more diference in the range or speed or even soft...

That money diference between pro and mini i would spend on handlebar with wcheel cups on the normal mini. still You save and You wont regret! I do not like a handle steering as I did get use to the fun with a knee bar but it might be ok for You to have both of them.

How much is Your mini and the mini pro price for You?

For the soft You should ask the seller which firmwire will You get. and trully dont worry about it as the latest one 1.4.0 (if You would have to upgrade) is ok.

44 minutes ago, Wojciech Plocharski said:

Thanks for the anwer, i cancelled the order already because seller says shipping is end of this month and other mini pro seller has it in stock.Also mini is around $750 and mini pro is $1016.I see there are minimal differences. but couldnt be sure about quality on mini.Also I want to know if you have the white one or black?I liked the white one better ,but it looks like it shows dirt which i think  will be the issue .

1 hour ago, ozzy said:

Thanks for the anwer, i cancelled the order already because seller says shipping is end of this month and other mini pro seller has it in stock.Also mini is around $750 and mini pro is $1016.I see there are minimal differences. but couldnt be sure about quality on mini.Also I want to know if you have the white one or black?I liked the white one better ,but it looks like it shows dirt which i think  will be the issue .

I have both black and white (two white ones actually) and I cannot decide which colour is best ;) But I sometimes seem to like the white one better. My 9b1 is white so it must have something to do with it.

As fro mini v.s miniPro - if you don't mind a price difference - buy miniPro. Let the chinese model be for chinese market as it was intended. There are a few differencies in materials used (i.e. steering column connection). 

4 minutes ago, Vik's said:

Some pictures of mine here - black and white:

Hello, i really appreciate your toughts i think i will choose the white one.Btw your black and white link doesnt seem to work.

edit:my bad it works

2 minutes ago, Pezman said:

I really don't think you should let the idea of dirt influence your decision regarding buying a white one if it is the one you want.  Black doesn't exactly hide dust well either.

Agreed. The black one looks "dusty" much sooner. Just like any black coloured car...

1 minute ago, ozzy said:

I really couldnt decide the color and dont know if i made the right choice but i placed an order for the black one.I hope i wont regret.

I think the Mini Pro will impress no matter the color.

Just now, Pezman said:

I think the Mini Pro will impress no matter the color.

Thank you btw i need helmet suggestion either for me and my daughter.Do you recommend any?

Just now, ozzy said:

Thank you btw i need helmet suggestion either for me and my daughter.Do you recommend any?

I just picked one up from walmart - I have a small head so I got mine in the kids section lol

7 hours ago, Pezman said:

I just picked one up from walmart - I have a small head so I got mine in the kids section lol

ty,i also heard there are many fake ninebots and find out this video :

showing many differences but he says faker ones are updating regularly so its hard to catch .What will the first thing should i look for ?

5 minutes ago, ozzy said:

ty,i also heard there are many fake ninebots...

...What will the first thing should i look for ?

Connect to your minipro through the app and look at the battery information. Should be 310Wh battery with 5700mAh plus other battery information. All of fake versions doesn't show any battery information there as it's too expensive to replicate functionality of BMS and dataconnections, thus unprofitable for fakers.

3 minutes ago, Vik's said:

Connect to your minipro through the app and look at the battery information. Should be 310Wh battery with 5700mAh plus other battery information. All of fake versions doesn't show any battery information there as it's too expensive to replicate functionality of BMS and dataconnections, thus unprofitable for fakers.

if you go 28:36 on the video fake one shows all information about the battery 

13 minutes ago, ozzy said:

if you go 28:36 on the video fake one shows all information about the battery 

Yes, some of the best "replicas" goes an extra mile to show some battery information, but still the serial number and wrong information about battery is the biggest giveaway.

15 minutes ago, kasenutty said:

Going to 28:36 won't show you whether your battery is right or not, Ozzy. Viks was showing you how to check your unit, not how to watch a video. 

i didnt mean to offend him just showing what i see, anyways Vik so i think all the fake ones have strange serial number will be the main point.

Archived