Brand new Gotway MSuper V3S+ 1300Wh... fail

Hi all,

Yesterday night I got my long waited MSuper V3S+ 1300Wh, after taking it out of the box eager to go for a ride, nothing happen... extra loud beeping noise and no balance and sometimes stuttering.

17757423_10212686104411960_5122031431787812733_n.jpg.8015f8f2801d410199ce183f69dc7958.jpg17760131_10212686104571964_1993797007664986169_n.jpg.a4a6cad365843da9a4038c7abbcb2673.jpg17522684_10212686104611965_8514719219604406039_n.thumb.jpg.1c0bf07a54fc0678af28042d88d05a67.jpg

Here is the video of what is going on

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8xmWEYihcQtbGpRc2xUaUZubjQ/view?usp=sharing

Your advises and tips will be very welcome.

Thank you

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

i would say....defective Hall sensors or board defect...contact the seller...

Already contacted Gotway waiting for a reply... but the truth is even if they replace the wheel can i trust that nothing will get loose in terms of connections? I believe that is a cable connection from the Hall Sensor and nothing major because i can see with the APP everything is fine and all of a sudden gets crazy. Got similar issues with my motorbikes is the connectors are not tight.

2 minutes ago, Shabba said:

Did you try a calibration to see if that help it might be a little difficult to do but it wouldn't hurt

Tried already and because of constant alarm nothing happen and keeps beeping.

Thank you

Uh, that sucks. What nobody wants to see when they get a new wheel:cry2: Are these even normal warning beeps, or is the wheel just going fully crazy?

The app being fine just means that (a part of) the board works. My ACM motor cables shorted and the app still works fine because the board probably is ok.

Where did you buy from? Gotway directly somehow?

3 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Uh, that sucks. What nobody wants to see when they get a new wheel:cry2: Are these even normal warning beeps, or is the wheel just going fully crazy?

The app being fine just means that (a part of) the board works. My ACM motor cables shorted and the app still works fine because the board probably is ok.

Where did you buy from? Gotway directly somehow?

Directly from Gotway, as there are no sellers in my country. See the link that i put on the first post you can see exactly what is going on.

Misunderstanding, sorry, I did watch your video. I meant that I don't even think these are regular warning beeps, sounds almost as if the electronics are going crazy (because it's so irregular). But no idea if that is the case. So that's why I asked.

If I were you I'd just send it back, before you start some uncertain repair odyssey (don't let them try and make you do complicated repairs yourself). Guess you wait for GW reply now, nothing else to do. Good luck!

Are you on some Dutch island somewhere? In NL you could buy from any euro shop. speedyfeet.co.uk has good prices (low pound), maybe it would not be much more expensive than import.

37 minutes ago, Noillek said:

Tried already and because of constant alarm nothing happen and keeps beeping.

Thank you

Turn it on and lay it in its side and see if the beeping stops, then maybe you can try a calibration

It looks like a defective battery or just discharged batteries or bad connection from batteries (could be on motherboard)..

Recharge your batteries or also you can try to connect charger and turn on (it works well on my MCM4)

I just open the wheel, since I got no reply from Gotway. Reviewed all connections and cables... and tacharam, wheel is working as expected. Went for a ride and everything seems to be fine.

now I found something weird...IMG_7275.thumb.PNG.606948ae0db029782d9a28d6cbea6b02.PNGIMG_7276.thumb.PNG.53adc31b5e7952019a749e4b464fbd91.PNG

Using Gyrometrics App, the first picture is my V8 and looking at the voltage it shows 82.42V when I do the same for the MSV3S+ I see 65.73V... wasn't this wheel supposed to be the 80V version?

What do you guys think?

Cool, you got your wheel working! Can you tell what the problem was? Make sure there's no loose connection that might suddenly switch off the wheel after a bump!

Weak of Gotway not to answer at all!!!

I would not trust app voltage values too much, they are often wrong. So unless you have the confirmation the app should work with this specific wheel, think nothing of it. You can also try the Gotway official app: Android https://www.facebook.com/groups/gotway/files 213.apk is the latest, version 2.12:rolleyes: or the old version from kebye.com, iOS should be on app store.

There's the 0.000000000001% chance they sent you the 67V, 1640Wh version that existed shortly only for the Chinese market before the 84V came out, but I don't think that will be the issue:)

18 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Cool, you got your wheel working! Can you tell what the problem was? Make sure there's no loose connection that might suddenly switch off the wheel after a bump!

Weak of Gotway not to answer at all!!!

I would not trust app voltage values too much, they are often wrong. So unless you have the confirmation the app should work with this specific wheel, think nothing of it. You can also try the Gotway official app: Android https://www.facebook.com/groups/gotway/files 213.apk is the latest, version 2.12:rolleyes: or the old version from kebye.com, iOS should be on app store.

There's the 0.000000000001% chance they sent you the 67V, 1640Wh version that existed shortly only for the Chinese market before the 84V came out, but I don't think that will be the issue:)

To be honest I think that they send me a 67v version it seems pretty accurate the app for both V8 and the Msuper. I just don't understand what is going on with Jane that doesn't reply any question.

1) the problem with a brand new wheel

2) got a 67V when I clearly stated that I wanted the 80V version and for 150€ difference for the 1600wh and 80V I would easily pay the difference.

Right now I feel very unsatisfied customer, I got a damage product and not exactly what I asked.

84V is what it is supposed to be.

I really don't think it will be a 67V version. I only mentioned it as it is a theoretical possibility that came to my mind. Sorry for the confusion.

--

Check every app you can get (maybe someone has Android phone for you?) and see what they say. I really think it's just the app 99.999999%..

You can ask the Gyrometrics developer (posts here, I believe) and unless you get specifically "the app should definitely show 84V for a 84V msuperV3, I confirmed it" as answer, the app probably displays the wrong voltage. It also shows >200°C temperature and that is surely wrong.

Also consider that you ordered 1300Wh and 1640 Wh would cost them more battery money, so why send you a 67V wheel then?

--

You can try to get Gotway to reply here, maybe.

Or make a public Facebook post on GWs site?

1 hour ago, Noillek said:

To be honest I think that they send me a 67v version it seems pretty accurate the app for both V8 and the Msuper. I just don't understand what is going on with Jane that doesn't reply any question.

1) the problem with a brand new wheel

2) got a 67V when I clearly stated that I wanted the 80V version and for 150€ difference for the 1600wh and 80V I would easily pay the difference.

Right now I feel very unsatisfied customer, I got a damage product and not exactly what I asked.

There are no 67 volt version existing with wider sideplates in 1300wh!(afaik)

the app showing correct for v8 and wrong for v3 is technical! there are digits exchanged between app and wheel and for gw it works different than for GW!

you had the wheel open? if each packs says 650wh....in NO WAY you can have a 67volt version!

what is your charger marked on the backside? if its 84 volt it would have blown a 67volt wheel ;-)

easy: look at the charger or better at the batteriepacks!

And i really dont know if the Gyrometrics app is "ready" for GW 84Volt versions....

That would not be the first app (and also not the first user) who experienced probs with the newer 84volt versions!

the difference to Inmotion is, that these always have been 84volt....for Gotways as a developer you first have to implement that! And v3s+ users AND iphone together is not often found....

but as said: Charger identifies that in a glimpse...as even a 84volt charger is Not compatible with 67volt wheel....

9 minutes ago, Radislav said:

The latest Gyrometrics shows 66,7 Volts when my ACM1600 is 100% battery. 

@Noillek

there you have it....Gyrometrics is just not ready for 84Volt by Gotway;-)

(but beside that: imho best IOS app for euc)

7 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

@Noillek

there you have it....Gyrometrics is just not ready for 84Volt by Gotway;-)

(but beside that: imho best IOS app for euc)

Great app but interface is its weak side, and it's too complicated while adding a wheel - debug servers, deleting UUIDs... 

(imho)

1 hour ago, Radislav said:

Great app but interface is its weak side, and it's too complicated while adding a wheel - debug servers, deleting UUIDs... 

(imho)

if one time connected works flawless...ok...some stuttering 

But best for warning and measurements imho

Archived