Deep experience with GT16

da_toni

Yeah understandable, first chock then.. :)  Hope I have as few close encounters as possible if any, I aim for none and drive very carefully in any type of traffic or around humans in general etc.

I would love to have a go at a high capacity ACM/Msuper as well as the GT16 and any other potential wheels that might exist in a few months time from now but not easy here, especially not from a full charge down to where voltage is so low this will happen?

Then again I have some to take off atm so will get in better shape over coming months as well and dropping 10kg or so as well find another solution to riding with the backpack full of tools to work might be a factor as well? That GT16 do look sweet though and I am pretty clueless to differences between that and the higher capacity ACM/Msuper other than what you have told me but I have some time to figure this out even if never given a chance to try one.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Electroman said:

Yeah understandable, first chock then.. :)  Hope I have as few close encounters as possible if any, I aim for none and drive very carefully in any type of traffic or around humans in general etc.

I would love to have a go at a high capacity ACM/Msuper as well as the GT16 and any other potential wheels that might exist in a few months time from now but not easy here, especially not from a full charge down to where voltage is so low this will happen?

Then again I have some to take off atm so will get in better shape over coming months as well and dropping 10kg or so as well find another solution to riding with the backpack full of tools to work might be a factor as well? That GT16 do look sweet though and I am pretty clueless to differences between that and the higher capacity ACM/Msuper other than what you have told me but I have some time to figure this out even if never given a chance to try one.

Where do you live? Maybe there are other riders with EUCs you can try in the neighbourhood.

On 10/15/2017 at 8:39 PM, Scatcat said:

Where do you live? Maybe there are other riders with EUCs you can try in the neighbourhood.

Sorry for late reply Scatcat, I am in the capital, or at least in the outskirts of it in the form of Järfälla.

The good thing I have quite a bit of time and these wheels seems to be released and updated often, to be honest I think either a 84v big batt pack ACM/Msuper or GT16 or other interesting big batt powerful EUC would be an update I will feel but so again in combination with dropping a bit of weight it will probably be even better.

I've dropped from 95 to 89.5 kg since I started riding this spring. I think it has a lot to do with the sorry state of roads here in Gothenburg, going 30+ kph over washing boards, pot-holes, knocking down bicyclists and running over pedestrians is hard work... :roflmao:

Jokes aside, it is good training. My core has become a lot stronger, my legs can take a lot more static work, my posture has become better. It's like Tai Chi on wheels. I do worry a bit about how long I will be able to ride before winter roads makes it too risky. Already I have had to slack of in tempo some, as there are stretches with a lot of wet leaves. That shit is slippery like h-ll, you don't want to have to make sharp turns on wet leaves, believe me you don't...

22 minutes ago, Scatcat said:

I've dropped from 95 to 89.5 kg since I started riding this spring. I think it has a lot to do with the sorry state of roads here in Gothenburg, going 30+ kph over washing boards, pot-holes, knocking down bicyclists and running over pedestrians is hard work... :roflmao:

iu.jpeg.4b2c310faccac053c388d8ba98e1635f.jpeg

Oh man I hate the leaves. It’s been raining the last few weeks and the wet roads are for most part completely covered with leaves. Riding is barely any fun, I have to go really slow and tensed up.

Regarding Electroman, while huge battery packs will reduce the issue, I’d learn to agree with the battery technology, and accept that riding at 60% battery is already different from 100%, and 40% from 60% etc. If the device warnings are not programmed to remind you of this, you must do it yourself.

I used to run my 820Wh KS-16S to empty at times, and after 4500km and in cold weather the capacity was not enough. I extended it to 1020Wh and the difference is suprisingly large. I have yet to ride it down below 30%, which makes it a very suitable battery size for my fast 35km trips.

While I recommend atleast 1000Wh for you, I can’t recommend specific models. I do say that just by reading this forum I prefer KingSong and wouldn’t buy a Gotway at any price. Rockwheel perhaps. I’m up for a 18” (aleast 1000Wh) for the next riding season, either KS-18L or Neinbot Z.

10 hours ago, mrelwood said:

Oh man I hate the leaves. It’s been raining the last few weeks and the wet roads are for most part completely covered with leaves. Riding is barely any fun, I have to go really slow and tensed up.

Regarding Electroman, while huge battery packs will reduce the issue, I’d learn to agree with the battery technology, and accept that riding at 60% battery is already different from 100%, and 40% from 60% etc. If the device warnings are not programmed to remind you of this, you must do it yourself.

I used to run my 820Wh KS-16S to empty at times, and after 4500km and in cold weather the capacity was not enough. I extended it to 1020Wh and the difference is suprisingly large. I have yet to ride it down below 30%, which makes it a very suitable battery size for my fast 35km trips.

While I recommend atleast 1000Wh for you, I can’t recommend specific models. I do say that just by reading this forum I prefer KingSong and wouldn’t buy a Gotway at any price. Rockwheel perhaps. I’m up for a 18” (aleast 1000Wh) for the next riding season, either KS-18L or Neinbot Z.

Well I like all of them: Kingsong, Gotway, Neinneinneinbot, Inmotion and Rockwheel :D

But at the same time I see that they all have pros and cons. If I want something really fast, I'd probably go with GW, but would inspect all the hardware before pushing it. If I want overengineering I'd probably go with IM. If I want something in between, I'd go with KS. Ninebot would be my choice when they produce something that is actually good, the Z might be that. And RW is like GW to an extent, worse when it comes to idiosyncrasies in the design, but better quality where it matters IMHO.

So I would recommend differently depending on who is asking.

AND

Yes, the wet leaves are an object of hate and loathing.

• 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Electroman said:

@mrelwood Yeah I suppsoe that is true.

Anyone know if bigger pedals are available for GT16, either way how do they compare to larger pedals for ACM size wise?

If anyone has access to both, it would be very interesting to put them on display side by side. Actually it would be fun to see as many pedals as possible side by side, to see what the MFG's are up to pedal-wise.

4 hours ago, Scatcat said:

If anyone has access to both, it would be very interesting to put them on display side by side. Actually it would be fun to see as many pedals as possible side by side, to see what the MFG's are up to pedal-wise.

Yeah good point Scatcat, would be great to have access to a visual impression comparing a thing like pedal size.

Sometimes I seem to get this brainfire though, I suspect very simple but just don't get it atm so must ask to calm my curiosity, what is the MGF's Scat?

4 hours ago, Electroman said:

Yeah good point Scatcat, would be great to have access to a visual impression comparing a thing like pedal size.

Sometimes I seem to get this brainfire though, I suspect very simple but just don't get it atm so must ask to calm my curiosity, what is the MGF's Scat?

Not MGF's but MFG's comes from ManuFacturinG, so basically manufacturers. https://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/MFG

Just me being lazy and not writing it out :D 

On 18 October 2017 at 5:20 AM, mrelwood said:

used to run my 820Wh KS-16S to empty at times, and after 4500km and in cold weather the capacity was not enough. I extended it to 1020Wh and the difference is suprisingly large. I have yet to ride it down below 30%, which makes it a very suitable battery size for my fast 35km trips.

Pray tell, how you extended it to 1020Wh?  I have an 820Wh arriving tomorrow, so I'm curious.

1 hour ago, Smoother said:

Pray tell, how you extended it to 1020Wh?  I have an 820Wh arriving tomorrow, so I'm curious.

16 more cells? ;-)

As far as i know he extended on side pack a bit more down...there‘s a photo floating around! 

12 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

16 more cells? ;-)

As far as i know he extended on side pack a bit more down...there‘s a photo floating around! 

Yup! Let's float some more:

IMG_2228.thumb.JPG.254726d36fedba765c298a855803ae5d.JPG    IMG_2202.thumb.JPG.3bc63e37e9f58c6dc48f2c62513c2d06.JPG

IMG_2371.thumb.JPG.bae40dbc22bc38f6ff6d36c8ffeeeef8.JPG    IMG_2372.thumb.JPG.b8e3cdf70a23584e44d463f8d403eaeb.JPG

I know I promised to finalize the project and make it look less horrible. I shall now make the exact same promise!

1 hour ago, mrelwood said:

I know I promised to finalize the project and make it look less horrible. I shall now make the exact same promise!

To be honest: That doesn't only look horrible from the outside, also from the inside "stacking". ;-)

Hopefully you never get a loose Connection!

I think I know what you mean. It was laborous, but I believe I was able to secure all connections firmly. Besides proper soldering ofcourse. Too bad I didn’t take any inside photos when all was done.

Archived