da_toni

Deep experience with GT16

64 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Have roughly done 80 km on my GT16 now and I am very happy with it so far :thumbup: 

Pros:

• Super smooth and comfortable. Even on cobblestones!
  • Powerful. Awesome acceleration and braking power
  • Nimble and responsive. Perfect for navigating around pedestrians and pot holes in the city
  • Being able to effortless keep up with cyclists makes for safer commuting
  • Height of the pedals and exposed wheel is perfect for hopping on/off sidewalks
  • Super easy to change directions and ride backwards
  • Personally I love the design. Distinguishes it from generic 350W "wheelbarrows" and Airwheels :) 

Cons:

• Gap between tire and mud flap is a bit tight. Pebbles and small stones get wedged in between and makes a lot of noise - at least with the mud flap extended
  • Shell may be a bit soft. Riding on one leg will make the shell it rub on the tire (or is it the mud flap rubbing?)
  • All the ventilation holes and openings in the shell will gather some dirt and dust after a while

For me this is the perfect wheel as I ride a lot on asphalt, cycle roads and through the city. I am not sure how well it handles heavy rain and puddles so I will probably use my GW14 in such conditions. 

Edited by Lorents

6 hours ago, Lorents said:

Have roughly done 80 km on my GT16 now and I am very happy with it so far :thumbup: 

Pros:

• Super smooth and comfortable. Even on cobblestones!
  • Powerful. Awesome acceleration and braking power
  • Nimble and responsive. Perfect for navigating around pedestrians and pot holes in the city
  • Being able to effortless keep up with cyclists makes for safer commuting
  • Height of the pedals and exposed wheel is perfect for hopping on/off sidewalks
  • Super easy to change directions and ride backwards
  • Personally I love the design. Distinguishes it from generic 350W "wheelbarrows" and Airwheels :) 

Cons:

• Gap between tire and mud flap is a bit tight. Pebbles and small stones get wedged in between and makes a lot of noise - at least with the mud flap extended
  • Shell may be a bit soft. Riding on one leg will make the shell it rub on the tire (or is it the mud flap rubbing?)
  • All the ventilation holes and openings in the shell will gather some dirt and dust after a while

For me this is the perfect wheel as I ride a lot on asphalt, cycle roads and through the city. I am not sure how well it handles heavy rain and puddles so I will probably use my GW14 in such conditions. 

I agree with you. 👍🏼😉

On 2017-05-16 at 10:28 AM, Lorents said:

You have to tell us how that worked out. I'm in the market for an extra charger too. Want to have one at work just in case.

excuse the question, but how much is the real clean weight of the GT16?

15 hours ago, Scatcat said:

You have to tell us how that worked out. I'm in the market for an extra charger too. Want to have one at work just in case.

Will do :) I ended up ordering a Cycle Satiator charger too so I probably wont use this charger much...

15 hours ago, LEO_LEO said:

excuse the question, but how much is the real clean weight of the GT16?

My bathroom scale isn't the most accurate but it sais 17.5 Kg

Q: What's the real weight?

A: Heavy as f--k.... ;)

Actually it's so compact that the weight kind of surprises you. It looks lite it should weigh 14-15 kilos, but the battery packs and motor is massive. Still lighter than most Gotways though :D

I wonder if I can come up with a workable idea for an integrated kick-stand? That would be something! I have a trolley on one side, but maybe something could be done with the unused fastenings for a trolley on the other side... There is no natural way to lay it down without laying it on the side, so a stand would be awesome.

On 5/23/2017 at 7:26 PM, Scatcat said:

Got the charger in my mailbox today and it works great. Output cables measured 84.1 volts with no load. It has a built in fan but it is quite silent while changing. The seller asked me politely what plugs I wanted both on input and output and they delivered what we agreed. Thumbs up from  me :)

7 hours ago, Lorents said:

Got the charger in my mailbox today and it works great. Output cables measured 84.1 volts with no load. It has a built in fan but it is quite silent while changing. The seller asked me politely what plugs I wanted both on input and output and they delivered what we agreed. Thumbs up from  me :)

Sounds great, will have to look into making an order.

Ordered mine Red 63kph idle motor by mr. Yi ChenB):thumbup:

Just noticed that's in Hong Kong now ready to cross the world to me:clap3:

Congratulations ^_^

Posted (edited)

Really thanks so much;)

My only concern having habit on a 18"... is to rollback to a 16" wheel that has more agility but the legs contact points are lower against a 18" more confortable ...<_<

This concern apart... GT16 surely is a beast !! Saw a video of a test unit with 94.4V and a 74kpa idle motor. .:shock2:

Anyway,  next year will look forward for a GT18:cheers:

Edited by zugu

Posted (edited)

Thank you @da_tonifor your feed-back ! :)

The tire of the wheel seems to have been changed (and improved...?) if compared with earlier pictures.

IMG_1424.PNG

Do you know if the color of the wheel is in the mass of its plastic, or if it is just a painting.coating ? And in the last case, what is the color of the plastic itself?

Edited by sbouju

1 hour ago, sbouju said:

Thank you @da_tonifor your feed-back ! :)

The tire of the wheel seems to have been changed (and improved...?) if compared with earlier pictures.

IMG_1424.PNG

Do you know if the color of the wheel is in the mass of its plastic, or if it is just a painting.coating ? And in the last case, what is the color of the plastic itself?

You are welcome. 😊

The glossy red colour is nice painted outside. If you look at the picture left and right from the wheel there are brighter/not glossy  parts inside... (looks like it has white pvc grounding colour)

Add: At the bottom there we have already a few scratches and these scratches are white, so I think this will corfirm our assumption. The ground colour is white. 😉