The new KS18S ?

abinder3

8 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

For some interested: @Eman @Vislike @abinder3 or some others?.....

Yes, I have pushed the -Pay- button and ordered a KS18S, this time a black Beauty ....so despite from reading about all the nice technical Upgrades and hearing about them second Hand, hopefully i can give a nice Review, and -most interested- a comparison to the "old" KS18A 1200W and a GW V3s+ from a friend......

Hopfully, hopefully the delivering process is as good as it has always bin and we -Nonsens: I - will not have to wait longer than the usual 15 days.

So...Fingers crossed that it all works out fine..... Feeling like some days before Xmas and birthday together :-) :rolleyes:

I really look forward to your review & write up. I'm almost ready to go King Song rather than Gotway for my 18" at this point. Stressing safety and QA on the new KS18s marketing has me very interested, as that is priority to me from a manufacturer especially when my body moving at high speed is involved! 

I really want to know if you feel like the quality of the wheel build and safety features are legit or marketing, besides the usual impressions of the wheel.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So Guys (and maybe some lost girls?), 

KS18-S is a Fucking hell great machine. My biggest concern was the big shell but now I love it. 

Unlocked for 40 with the generator immediately after purchase - worked without problems. 

It feels really safe and comfortable. In comparison with the power from Msuper V3 it feels like stepping pit from a small Fiat into a Porsche. Paddles could be bigger but that everybody knows. Music is super loud - Captain Monokoleso is back on the road! 

I bought the biggest battery ?

Just one concern - if I any time really want it - how to set the tilt back to 50 km/h after 1000 km? Or any possibility available to give the horse already now the full power? Or I already did with the unlock procedure? 

How is acceleration and braking vs the Msuper V3?  I've sold all my Gotways and decided to go Kingsong.  I have an 16s and 18s on the way.  I'm hoping I like the transition.  

Does anyone know how the foot plates compare in length to the V3?  Sounds like they are shorter.  Are there any aftermarket alternatives currently available that would accomidate my size 12 US foot?  Looking forward to hearing more experiences with the 18s.  Thanks

2 hours ago, Eman said:

Just one concern - if I any time really want it - how to set the tilt back to 50 km/h after 1000 km? Or any possibility available to give the horse already now the full power? Or I already did with the unlock procedure?

i guess you would have to wait for the new App ks is doing....

A Ks employee said that this app will unlock to 50kmh automatically after 1000km....the now existing app has no feature over 40kmh!

2 hours ago, Eman said:

So Guys (and maybe some lost girls?), 

KS18-S is a Fucking hell great machine. My biggest concern was the big shell but now I love it. 

Unlocked for 40 with the generator immediately after purchase - worked without problems. 

It feels really safe and comfortable. In comparison with the power from Msuper V3 it feels like stepping pit from a small Fiat into a Porsche. Paddles could be bigger but that everybody knows. Music is super loud - Captain Monokoleso is back on the road! 

I bought the biggest battery ?

@Rudy Sijnke now you also have to jump in and tell us you experiences...i guess i was to late again to be first reviewer :-(

6 hours ago, Sketch said:

How is acceleration and braking vs the Msuper V3?  I've sold all my Gotways and decided to go Kingsong.  I have an 16s and 18s on the way.  I'm hoping I like the transition.  

Does anyone know how the foot plates compare in length to the V3?  Sounds like they are shorter.  Are there any aftermarket alternatives currently available that would accomidate my size 12 US foot?  Looking forward to hearing more experiences with the 18s.  Thanks

Hi all! Accelerate and break is almost the same. From feeling I would say if you accelerate with a GW, it feels more scary because of the stability. And I did not try it with fully leaning inside with the Ks because battery was not fully charged. I'll try that today evening. When my GW is back from repair I need a friend with balls to try in parallel with him. But for that I recommend full protection and full battery again! 

Pedals are about 3 to 4 cm shorter and after riding 10 km one time step off and on relaxes the legs. I was also thinking about assembling the GW paddles. Then it would be perfect! If anyone knows how to, let us know ?

Best would be that Kingsong would come up with new, longer paddles. 

13 minutes ago, Eman said:

Absolutely!  The average American, ,at least, has feet much bigger than the average EUC pedal.  You should be able to order in whatever pedal size you like.

@Eman 

GW will probably win an acceleration test because KS pedals are to short. Can’t get enough torque. When you increase pedal size this will be a good test. A quick simple way to fix pedals for the test is here:

http://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/7403-finally-bigger-pedals-do-it-yourself-solution/

I hope at some point you can take a look at the axel and motor wires of the 18S to see if they are thicker. I hope they used motor wires bigger than the small 16awg. I heard they did, but would be nice to get confirmation.

57 minutes ago, Eman said:

Hi all! Accelerate and break is almost the same. From feeling I would say if you accelerate with a GW, it feels more scary because of the stability. And I did not try it with fully leaning inside with the Ks because battery was not fully charged. I'll try that today evening. When my GW is back from repair I need a friend with balls to try in parallel with him. But for that I recommend full protection and full battery again! 

Pedals are about 3 to 4 cm shorter and after riding 10 km one time step off and on relaxes the legs. I was also thinking about assembling the GW paddles. Then it would be perfect! If anyone knows how to, let us know ?

???

I have a v3 and a Ks18 here....the pedals on the V3 are 20,5cm....the pedal of the Ks18 are 20cm...

i guess thats more a "feeling" than a real difference....as the Ks18 pedalhardness is stronger and not so soft reaction as on the v3

6 hours ago, Dingfelder said:

Absolutely!  The average American, ,at least, has feet much bigger than the average EUC pedal.  You should be able to order in whatever pedal size you like.

Absolutely! It would be so great if you could order size 10, 11, 12 or small, med, large pedals when you order your machine. At least offer them as add-ons to customize your machine. They could put flames or Hello Kitty (lol!) whatever on the grip tape for further customization even.

1 hour ago, Hatchet said:

Absolutely! It would be so great if you could order size 10, 11, 12 or small, med, large pedals when you order your machine. At least offer them as add-ons to customize your machine. They could put flames or Hello Kitty (lol!) whatever on the grip tape for further customization even.

Yeah, if they would prefer to not outfit the machine in your size so they could sell you an extra set of properly sized pedals instead, I'd still go for that, in a heartbeat.  

So second check... 

Acceleration after full battery is quite good but more again considering the safety issue. So the gas is not possible directly at the beginning even if I lean fully in. 

With breaking its the other way round - breaks fast and I leaned back about 30 degrees. Super stable but fast deceleration. 

But I have one concern more - the alarms are not working. Tilt back at 40 does not interrupt soft driving style but it's showing you to go slower right in the perfect way. I set all alarms to different settings but no alarms coming up. 

@Diana@szkingsong.comany comments about the alarms? 

3 hours ago, Eman said:

So second check... 

Acceleration after full battery is quite good but more again considering the safety issue. So the gas is not possible directly at the beginning even if I lean fully in. 

With breaking its the other way round - breaks fast and I leaned back about 30 degrees. Super stable but fast deceleration. 

But I have one concern more - the alarms are not working. Tilt back at 40 does not interrupt soft driving style but it's showing you to go slower right in the perfect way. I set all alarms to different settings but no alarms coming up. 

@Diana@szkingsong.comany comments about the alarms? 

Which KS  model are you riding?

@Eman

If you have "voices on" there should be only the last alarm: "please deccelarate", when Tiltback...

if you want beeps: turn voices off!

use the last version of the KS app!!!

50 minutes ago, Wheel-EUC019 said:

Quicker review from Chris West.

Yea, I've seen that review.  Kinda strange how he states that the seat is a rain cover.  Really ????  That's not the design of it.
And then he states the sound comes from the slots in the top cover.  No.  The sounds (music) comes through the 4 spearker; 2 speakers on each side of KS18 near the top.

I don't really consider this a truthful reveiw.

8 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

@Eman

If you have "voices on" there should be only the last alarm: "please deccelarate", when Tiltback...

if you want beeps: turn voices off!

use the last version of the KS app!!!

Thanks, thats the solution. Everything is working! 

5 hours ago, abinder3 said:

Yea, I've seen that review.  Kinda strange how he states that the seat is a rain cover.  Really ????  That's not the design of it.
And then he states the sound comes from the slots in the top cover.  No.  The sounds (music) comes through the 4 spearker; 2 speakers on each side of KS18 near the top.

I don't really consider this a truthful reveiw.

??????

Funny guy... 

And I don't know exactly of course because a unicycle can drive in every direction. But isn't the front where the switch on button is? If the front is the side with the battery indicator, then I was riding backwards 40. Hahaha 

18 minutes ago, Eman said:

??????

Funny guy... 

And I don't know exactly of course because a unicycle can drive in every direction. But isn't the front where the switch on button is? If the front is the side with the battery indicator, then I was riding backwards 40. Hahaha 

that was sometimes different on Ks18's .....

there should be a arrow on the rubber tyre, which shows the correct running direction of the tyre.

I would use that as indicator

6 hours ago, Eman said:

??????

Funny guy... 

I always ride with the battery indicator in the front so I can glance down to see the approximate battery level left.  Also riding this way, the USB port is in the back (probably more protected in case of water spray as you're riding and less chance of accidently hitting the power switch. 

And on my tire, the way it came mounted, the arrow on the tire for direction of travel (as @KingSong69 stated) is correct when the battery level indicator is in the front. 

Allen

27 minutes ago, abinder3 said:

And on my tire, the way it came mounted, the arrow on the tire for direction of travel (as @KingSong69 stated) is correct when the battery level indicator is in the front. 

You see? can be different :-)

On my Ks18 the tire direction is correct with power button in front :-)

But i guess that was only on first batches of Ks18 1200Watt ....nowadays they mount the tire so, that batterie level is in front.

which i found also better to have a look at it while riding!

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know why some people are calling for the KS-18S to be designed more like the 14/16.  Then the only difference would be the wheel size, there isn't much of a design difference.  I'm choosing the KS-18S because it is taller and it is different from the other smaller models where it isn't possible to sit.  I think the only thing it needs is a trolley handle.  I think since they are a Chinese company, they didn't think of the taller riders.  LOL

I changed my order after the Gotway issues from the ACM/Msuper to the 18S.  I figure I have two normal sized EUC's, no point in going with more of the same.

Jason says his shipment is in customs and should clear by tomorrow.  I think I should get mine next week since I'm on the east coast.   

On 22.6.2017 at 7:55 AM, Eman said:

hey Eman,

there seems to be a shop in Germany selling XXL Pedals for KS-18

http://www.1radwerkstatt.de/XXL-Pedale-KingSong-KS18

however they are currently sold out :huh:

On 22.6.2017 at 1:33 AM, KingSong69 said:

i guess you would have to wait for the new App ks is doing....

A Ks employee said that this app will unlock to 50kmh automatically after 1000km....the now existing app has no feature over 40kmh!

hey KingSong69,

I found a version that goes to 50kph, don't know if it's compatible with KS-18S though :unsure:

The one thing I do know is that the android app currently available at KingSong 

does not work with a KS16b v1.23 and is therefore crap. :popcorn:

Archived