The new KS18S ?

abinder3

On 4/7/2017 at 2:40 AM, Flash said:

Yes indeed , I use it every day , KS18A , 1200w  1360wh ,  will modify it today adding extra batteries ontop and a power plug , longest trip in 1 day was 70 km

dVrhx9t.jpg

70 kilometers?  Was that a two Rockstar day?  Ha Ha, love the new avatar, Monty Python Ministry of silly walks,  The wheel looks great, is that custom paint, or is it polished?   It's taken me awhile, but the design is starting to look good to me.  @abinder3 pointing out the fact that the wheel is narrower than the shorter Gotway makes sense, i guess the reason is to get the same amount of battery capacity by making the shell taller instead of wider.  Does the higher center of gravity cause any problems riding at slow speed?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/30/2017 at 1:45 AM, KingSong69 said:

Only improvement are 300Watt more motor power and better board!

That seems like a two improvements that together could be significantly better.:thumbup:  Not a good reason to upgrade, but might be more attractive to new buyers.:huh:

2 minutes ago, steve454 said:

That seems like a two improvements that together could be significantly better.:thumbup:  Not a good reason to upgrade, but might be more attractive to new buyers.:huh:

As you can read in my last post here....I totally changed my mind :-)

i the end it's a complete new wheel, where only the shell has stayed the same, all other parts are brand new and redesigned!

On ‎2017‎-‎05‎-‎30 at 2:40 AM, steve454 said:

70 kilometers?  Was that a two Rockstar day?  Ha Ha, love the new avatar, Monty Python Ministry of silly walks,  The wheel looks great, is that custom paint, or is it polished?   It's taken me awhile, but the design is starting to look good to me.  @abinder3 pointing out the fact that the wheel is narrower than the shorter Gotway makes sense, i guess the reason is to get the same amount of battery capacity by making the shell taller instead of wider.  Does the higher center of gravity cause any problems riding at slow speed?

No its polished with car wax and a reflection , longest trip is now 120 km in 1 day travelled to a boat ferry and back  , no its easy at low speed and comfortable , I also tried up down a skiing mountain on the grass and had no problem , if you want to add extra battery then dont add it on top , carry it in a backpack   :thumbup:

2 minutes ago, Flash said:

No its polished with car wax and a reflection , longest trip is now 120 km in 1 day travelled to a boat ferry and back  , no its easy at low speed and comfortable , I also tried up down a skiing mountain on the grass and had no problem

He looks very casual and cool in that first photo, like he doesn't go after the girls; they come to him.

Maybe he looks just a little threatening, too.  I bet women think they can change him.

On 4/20/2017 at 8:06 AM, Lukasz said:

We shall soon look forward for the first wheel with 2070 cells instead of 18650..

I think the new IPS wheel uses 2070 batteries.  I think it's called the I5 or something, but it is a very narrow wheel.  Almost looks like a briefcase, with a metallic shell instead of plastic, very lightweight but 14 inch tire.

5 minutes ago, abinder3 said:

@HatchetIt's greater than 60volts that it operates on.

(What's the problem ?)

I expected 84v like the ACM or MSV3, perhaps I misunderstand, but for a large wheel as this, i'd want that extra voltage. This post may be wrong though, they say it is a 500w motor too.

Just now, Hatchet said:

I expected 84v like the ACM or MSV3, perhaps I misunderstand, but for a large wheel as this, i'd want that extra voltage. This post may be wrong though, they say it is a 500w motor too.

Kingsong doesn't use 84volt motor system in their wheels.

It doesn't say that it's a 500w motor.  It states the wattage is greater than 500watts.

It's a known fact that the KS18S has a 1500 watt motor.

(why are you trying to 'read between the lines'?)

Allen

Just now, abinder3 said:

Kingsong doesn't use 84volt motor system in their wheels.

It doesn't say that it's a 500w motor.  It states the wattage is greater than 500watts.

It's a known fact that the KS18S has a 1500 watt motor.

(why are you trying to 'read between the lines'?)

Allen

Why are you getting defensive and snippy? I simply am asking a question based on a posted bit of info. Never mind, I think we are done.

Just now, Hatchet said:

Why are you getting defensive and snippy? I simply am asking a question based on a posted bit of info. Never mind, I think we are done.

I'm not getting 'snippy'.

You're just not reading what's written.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 30.5.2017 at 3:23 AM, KingSong69 said:

I guess I have  to make a real hard decision when back at home....

GW V3s+ or Ks18s?

With every new detail I get from the 18S the decision seams to go to more to it....

16" inch wheels with 2.125 wheels are out of the game for me now......

i would have liked a 14d/16 design....but in general I know what advantages I have from the   Shell design(see abinders post)!

As this 18s seams A LOT more agile then my sluggish (first, very old 40kmh Ks18 version, it's very different to 18AY)....and even steps up the game to SAFE 50kmh.....all my wishes seam to come through!

Let's see if i get my last few questions answered by KS.....and then its order time :-)

@KingSong69, did you already decide? 

Just to give that comparison:

My KS16 is on the street for more than 1500 km. One time I broke the inner shell but repaired it. It has plenty of scratches and the shell needs to be repaired soon. But it still feels super safe while riding! 

My MSV3 just fall one time and survived because of good shell protection. Now it died and the service factory is not even able to open the shell without destroying the paddel or cutting the shell. The play angle between leaning forward and backwards became 5 mm and finally the motor died (or the gear or whatever...) 

So the quality from Ks wheels seems to be higher from my point of riding experience. 

In Moscow and the street circumstances it's better to go with a big wheel. Sometimes it's lots of space to go fast. But if I wanna go for a fun ride, the music always is missing in the GW. And if I go on the ks16 I always need to have a look "where I can drive" and sometimes I feel bored with 30. 

As I fall with more than 50 from the GW: I can tell it hurts... And it was also fault of the wheel plus app settings. If I would not have full protection, I would be dead. But every day to pull out the motorcycle suit is going on the nerves. So a normal leather jacket, just helmet and with max 40 I guess it's quite safe. But from GW wheel I'm really afraid. 

How is the monster? Better quality? 

Or would you still rather recommend KS18S? 

1 hour ago, Eman said:

@KingSong69, did you already decide? 

Just to give that comparison:

My KS16 is on the street for more than 1500 km. One time I broke the inner shell but repaired it. It has plenty of scratches and the shell needs to be repaired soon. But it still feels super safe while riding! 

My MSV3 just fall one time and survived because of good shell protection. Now it died and the service factory is not even able to open the shell without destroying the paddel or cutting the shell. The play angle between leaning forward and backwards became 5 mm and finally the motor died (or the gear or whatever...) 

So the quality from Ks wheels seems to be higher from my point of riding experience. 

In Moscow and the street circumstances it's better to go with a big wheel. Sometimes it's lots of space to go fast. But if I wanna go for a fun ride, the music always is missing in the GW. And if I go on the ks16 I always need to have a look "where I can drive" and sometimes I feel bored with 30. 

As I fall with more than 50 from the GW: I can tell it hurts... And it was also fault of the wheel plus app settings. If I would not have full protection, I would be dead. But every day to pull out the motorcycle suit is going on the nerves. So a normal leather jacket, just helmet and with max 40 I guess it's quite safe. But from GW wheel I'm really afraid. 

How is the monster? Better quality? 

Or would you still rather recommend KS18S? 

That's all personal decision!

Some call the KS Approach of more safety and to Keep the wheel inside it's safe envelope "nanny-like" and want the "do whatever you want to do" from a Gotway!

Personnaly after now 3 main falls/crashes i decide to go all for safety....and ME personally i can only see that on the Kingsongs, especially the new "S" Sports line.

New boards, new -very strong- 350Amp Mosfets, thicker Motor wires, thicker axles, and an Approach not for the fastest Speed, but for the greatest safety!

I have the Feeling that on GW's in the future i have to wear integral helmet, leather jacket and trousers, shoulder and rip and back protectors over the complete Body, big biker boots and so on and so on....

I have enough with a skate helmet, some knee pads and wrist guards......

I own/ed a KS14c, KS16, KS18 and also a Msuper V3.....

If you have ever done some maintenance and looked inside the wheel and how it is all enginneerd, the choice is somwewhat of obvious, ist unbelievable!!!

That goes from connector, wires, soldering, Shells.....etc etc etc. The way the batteries are connected, the silikon is done on the board.....all.

So, yes, i did decide.....even after the reported melted connectors, wires, but long before the new brought up "Little fault" where GW sent a Batch with new Firmware óut in the wild, which on small bumps decided to cut out. There "excuse" reads fine: "aaah, that was only mainly for chinese buyers" and "from them we did not hear any Problems" :-)

So from my Argumentation it should be clear what i decide, or? But it will take some time before i can give a real recommendation....as i still have to pay it :-(

55 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

That's all personal decision!

Some call the KS Approach of more safety and to Keep the wheel inside it's safe envelope "nanny-like" and want the "do whatever you want to do" from a Gotway!

Personnaly after now 3 main falls/crashes i decide to go all for safety....and ME personally i can only see that on the Kingsongs, especially the new "S" Sports line.

New boards, new -very strong- 350Amp Mosfets, thicker Motor wires, thicker axles, and an Approach not for the fastest Speed, but for the greatest safety!

I have the Feeling that on GW's in the future i have to wear integral helmet, leather jacket and trousers, shoulder and rip and back protectors over the complete Body, big biker boots and so on and so on....

I have enough with a skate helmet, some knee pads and wrist guards......

I own/ed a KS14c, KS16, KS18 and also a Msuper V3.....

If you have ever done some maintenance and looked inside the wheel and how it is all enginneerd, the choice is somwewhat of obvious, ist unbelievable!!!

That goes from connector, wires, soldering, Shells.....etc etc etc. The way the batteries are connected, the silikon is done on the board.....all.

So, yes, i did decide.....even after the reported melted connectors, wires, but long before the new brought up "Little fault" where GW sent a Batch with new Firmware óut in the wild, which on small bumps decided to cut out. There "excuse" reads fine: "aaah, that was only mainly for chinese buyers" and "from them we did not hear any Problems" :-)

So from my Argumentation it should be clear what i decide, or? But it will take some time before i can give a real recommendation....as i still have to pay it :-(

Especially the thicker axle should be a very good approach from a wheel. I didn't have problems with the gw but the axle on the ks 16 is definitely too small... 

I'll have a look what they will tell me about the MSV3 and how strong it is damaged. But yeah, I think I'll go for the ks18 also in winter. Just need some spikes and the modification is perfect! 

4 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

Hi, i don't want to be rude or anything, but i have seen you written this multiple times, and i think a rumor can very easy start to spread among us who have never opened a wheel yet. So i am just asking for your source of this information, have you looked at the inside of a S model yourself or where does this information come from?

To me this all sounds very nice, and i feel very happy that i choose King Song if all this is true. I have not yet had any cutouts on my 16S, but i have not reached 100 km either but i am closing in. But even then cursing at 20 km/h i can see myself get really hurt if a fall would occur without my knee/elbow/wrist/helmet protection on.

4 minutes ago, Vislike said:

Hi, i don't want to be rude or anything, but i have seen you written this multiple times, and i think a rumor can very easy start to spread among us who have never opened a wheel yet. So i am just asking for your source of this information, have you looked at the inside of a S model yourself or where does this information come from?

To me this all sounds very nice, and i feel very happy that i choose King Song if all this is true. I have not yet had any cutouts on my 16S, but i have not reached 100 km either but i am closing in. But even then cursing at 20 km/h i can see myself get really hurt if a fall would occur without my knee/elbow/wrist/helmet protection on.

That are informations which are spread over the whole Internet....if real interested in EUC Technology i would suggest visiting the Kingsong Facebook Group....the French Forum....having talks with some exclusive resellers....russian EUC-sellers.....Asian friends in EUC market....etc etc etc....

The last time i somewhat prooved what i am saying with some links is here in this thread:

The 16S was the first "Sports" Model which started the "improvements"...stronger mosfets especially 350Amp instead of 180Amp Standard, which made a big Progress in safety.

I have some asian friends where the 16S is much more sold as here in europe, they Report they never had technical Problems until now and that the 16S is a great progress!

But:

All this technological Progress does not mean, that you can not fall anymore..... and that you are mentioning the 100km mark means to me, that you even did not "unlock" your KS16s, what also means to me that you are probably a beginner and have just learned to drive???

Then i can just give you the tip: Keep on learning, learning, learning, safety is the key!!!.....never try to Show some friends how great you can drive, overconfidens leads to failures!

Cut-Outs are even on older wheels very seldom, but a cutout is the worst Thing to happen to a driver....just because you have absolutly NO, really  NULL reaction time and will just slam into the bottom! So: Never accelerate over-aggressivly, especially not on Batterie under 50%! Dont be a fool and climp 45° hills....listen to your wheel ;-)

More questions? Just ask!

@Vislike

I read some of your first experience's, congrats for getting it so fast....

Just one more Thing.....Very secure and driving even without thinking about what you are doing, will take a while! I would guess about up to 6-8 weeks, like it was on a bycycle!

But when you reached that Level...it is pure fun and Comes near to flying/Gliding!!!!

When the unlock will come and your wheel sets free to it's full power....you will again experience wobbling on higher Speeds! Dont worry! That will go away, like verything, with more experience!

And at all: Very good choice for a starter wheel ;-)

1 hour ago, Vislike said:

Haven't opened it up to check (plus the mosfets are UNDER the board, so you can't see the markings without removing the board & heatsink and twisting the legs), but according to 1RadWerkstatt:

KS16S in kürze verfügbar (ab ca. 13.03.17)

- MosFets (endlich IRFP 4368 75V 350A/195A) TO-247 das war unser Wunsch Fet :-)

- 35km/h...selbst 30km/h sind ausreichend!

- nur als 840Wh Version lieferbar

- schwarz matt oder silber matt

- Vorbestellungen bitte per Mail mit Farbwunsch ohne Anzahlung

Google translate:

KS16S available shortly (from 13.03.17 onwards)

- MosFets (finally IRFP 4368 75V 350A / 195A) TO-247 that was our desire Fet :-)

- 35km / h ... even 30km / h are sufficient!

- only available as 840Wh version

- black matt or silver matt

- Pre-orders by mail with color request without deposit

I got one from the batch that came through customs in May, white was also an option at that point, so I went with white.

The mosfet-spec sheet:  http://www.tme.eu/en/Document/314532c687a98524db4f04ab99c3e715/irfp4368pbf.pdf

For some interested: @Eman @Vislike @abinder3 or some others?.....

Yes, I have pushed the -Pay- button and ordered a KS18S, this time a black Beauty ....so despite from reading about all the nice technical Upgrades and hearing about them second Hand, hopefully i can give a nice Review, and -most interested- a comparison to the "old" KS18A 1200W and a GW V3s+ from a friend......

Hopfully, hopefully the delivering process is as good as it has always bin and we -Nonsens: I - will not have to wait longer than the usual 15 days.

So...Fingers crossed that it all works out fine..... Feeling like some days before Xmas and birthday together :-) :rolleyes:

Archived