abinder3

The new KS18S ?

81 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

i have heard that they use the same shell about a week ago...but today now also that it is "just" 1500Watt and 40kmh :-(

Only improvement are 300Watt more motor power and better board!

 

very sad...i love KS quality...but i guess they are done now, at least in the 18" wheels sales!

The only right move would have been to design a NEW 18" in the 14D/16 line, with led and rectractable trolley, with 1680wh, 45kmh speed, that would have been consistent over the line....and attract new buyers!

 

Everyone who  wasnt interested in the Ks18 until now, will also not been interested with this minor improvement!

Very Sad.....

 

Yea. They may of 'shot themselves in the foot' with this minor upgrade to the KS18. 

Still love my KS18 though. I actually like the taller, more narrow design of the KS18 over the wider, shorter design of the ACM V3 1600. Seems like more of a natural stance on the KS18 to me.  Just wish the pedals were longer to give more foot support. 

 

Allen

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jason McNeil said:

It drives me crazy that every time KS makes an improvement to the pedal design, it's physically incompatible with the previous pedal support arm. Examining the original KS 14/18 grooved pedals, the follow on KS16 design with rubber surface & the latest grippy type, there's a different bracket shape which seems completely arbitrary. Could be wrong, but how hard can it be to make the slots align up from one type to the next.... Morning vent completed! <_< 

Sure doesn't make sense to me either.

King Song has the potential to be the best EUC on the market, but it seems like they just don't want to go the extra step to be that way.
(But I do still love my KS18 though ! )

 

Allen

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎2017‎-‎03‎-‎30 at 8:45 AM, KingSong69 said:

i have heard that they use the same shell about a week ago...but today now also that it is "just" 1500Watt and 40kmh :-(

Only improvement are 300Watt more motor power and better board!

 

very sad...i love KS quality...but i guess they are done now, at least in the 18" wheels sales!

The only right move would have been to design a NEW 18" in the 14D/16 line, with led and rectractable trolley, with 1680wh, 45kmh speed, that would have been consistent over the line....and attract new buyers!

 

Everyone who  wasnt interested in the Ks18 until now, will also not been interested with this minor improvement!

Very Sad.....

 

I think youre sad because you miss Tina  <_<

Its not only , its great improvements and the price is much much less than for a monster , with KS18 modern design and because its so comfortable for your legs I think its a winner , monsters overheating cables wont sell and weaker products brands cant be recommended if you want to stay safe , I agree stronger is better but speed ?  more than 40 kmh will only hurt the company when users have serious accidents , I think its clever to not go for higher speed ,  KS 18 a great product that will take you to heaven , alive  :lol::rolleyes:

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Flash said:

I think youre sad because you miss Tina  <_<

Its not only , its great improvements and the price is much much less than for a monster , with KS18 modern design and because its so comfortable for your legs I think its a winner , monsters overheating cables wont sell and weaker products brands cant be recommended if you want to stay safe , I agree stronger is better but speed ?  more than 40 kmh will only hurt the company when users have serious accidents , I think its clever to not go for higher speed ,  KS 18 a great product that will take you to heaven , alive  :lol::rolleyes:

Do you have a KS18 ?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

:w00t2:

KS18S confirmed? I did not know that! Sounds like possibly the best 18 inch wheel! Please don't f**k up the batteries (too small) or something else.

And I agree, a new shell (so maybe the wheel is more manouverable?) might get even more buyers. The current KS18 shell is so big, you're almost tempted to buy a monster instead and get a much bigger diameter tire.

Edited by meepmeepmayer
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

:w00t2:

KS18S confirmed? I did not know that! Sounds like possibly the best 18 inch wheel! Please don't f**k up the batteries (too small) or something else.

And I agree, a new shell (so maybe the wheel is more manouverable?) might get even more buyers. The current KS18 shell is so big, you're almost tempted to buy a monster instead and get a much bigger diameter tire.

batterie can be chosed 840wh, 1360 or 1680wh...as far as i know...enough for 67volt imho!

Unfortunately they stay with the old shell, until now no plans to do a new one :-(

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

HUGE outer shell of KS18 keeps me away from it...  With refined, much smaller KS18S with the shape of KS16 / KS16D - I would consider it strongly... 

Maybe next year, as I have ordered KS16S for now...  

On the other hand I see no need for speeds over 30-35 km/h now, mainly due to the safety issues.  My current KS16 for my type of use is just perfect...  I had never encountered low range issue so far, so the only drive to go for KS18S would be bigger wheel for added safety on bumpy roads...

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Agree very much, for such a big shell I'd want a bigger tire (like monster). I see 16 inch and 18 inch as more or less similar sizes, with 16 geared more towards torque/manouverability, and 18 more towards stability and offroad smoothness. It's not such a big difference to justify such a big shell, compared to KS16 which is much smaller.

It's also a shame how little space there's inside, compared to the size. Only the middle part of the sides seems to be really usable for batteries. By all rights, this should be the wheel with the biggest available batteries (which would at least be a good reason for the big shell). Why no 2000Wh+ options, especially for a wheel which can go 40 km/h in great comfort?

I don't see the speed as a problem (would never go 50 km/h anyways), it's just a consequence from the stronger motor, which (in theory) should give much better behavior on mountains/inclines. The original KS18A mountain videos are already very impressive, this thing must be even better.

Anyways, if I had to buy an 18 inch wheel, it still would be this - better quality than msuper V3, and bigger difference (more stable) in riding to the 16 inch I already have and how an msuper would probably be.

Edited by meepmeepmayer
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm pretty sure if they reduce the height of the outer shell of the KS18, They'd have to make it wider to fit the same wh of batteries.  I'd much rather have it as 'tall' as it is instead of wider.

Personally, I have no problem with the height of the KS18 outer shell.  Maybe if I was 5ft tall I might, but I'm 6ft tall.

 

 

Allen

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They could make it "longer". The space/corners where the speakers are looks like you could fit a lot of batteries there if you redesigned it a bit.

I do appreciate that it is a unique design, not every wheel needs to be a standard circle/egg. It's just soooo close to being much greater, thats what gets me. 95% there! The Gotway shells are just so much more effective, I find it hard to overlook that.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seeing the future now.... We shall soon look forward for the first wheel with 2070 cells instead of 18650..   Tesla use their own custom 2170 which are estimated to be close to twice the capacity of the 18650...    so 2070 should not lag behind that much with capacities around 5000 mAh 

With new cells side panel should be sufficient to fit 64 pcs or more of the larger cells easily, and still keep the total weight below 20 kg. so new KS18 should be very much like  KS16S scaled up by 15%

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So for 64cells  16s4p setup of 2070 cells =  5Ah x 3,7V x 64pcs = 1184 Wh...    but it should be possible also fit 16s6p (maybe in two more smaller packs of 16 cells)... so 5Ah x 3,7V x 96 pcs = 1776 Wh !!! that should be more than sufficient, and 6p setup shall provide a LOT of safety with huge current available..

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IMG_0700.thumb.PNG.a51fcaaa5d41ea75be724ba0f95417b1.PNGsource from Rockwheel Store AliExpressIMG_0699.thumb.PNG.9571cdc7e3a6eb61aac756ebe7f5b69b.PNGYes, the sellers are already confirming for preorder...

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎20‎.‎04‎.‎2017 at 3:18 PM, Lukasz said:

So for 64cells  16s4p setup of 2070 cells =  5Ah x 3,7V x 64pcs = 1184 Wh...    but it should be possible also fit 16s6p (maybe in two more smaller packs of 16 cells)... so 5Ah x 3,7V x 96 pcs = 1776 Wh !!! that should be more than sufficient, and 6p setup shall provide a LOT of safety with huge current available..

96 cells are just 32 cells less than the 128cells we have now?

As a 20700 is bigger, longer and heavier than 18650 in the end you dont have much of an Advantage i guess

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/6/2017 at 7:39 PM, Flash said:

I think youre sad because you miss Tina

Does anyone know why Tina left or what she is doing now?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/6/2017 at 7:39 PM, Flash said:

I agree stronger is better but speed ?  more than 40 kmh will only hurt the company when users have serious accidents , I think its clever to not go for higher speed ,  KS 18 a great product that will take you to heaven , alive

I agree, if you hit a rock at 40 kmh, how far will your body go flying?? Focus on having plenty of power for going over obstacles and climbing hills.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/19/2017 at 4:55 PM, KingSong69 said:

Now it even worries me more that they did not design a 14d/16 like shell for the 18....as that would be a sales magnet with that abilities!

I agree. The KS styling on the 14 and 16 models is beautiful, very cool and elegant. For me, the 18 looks odd, topheavy, much less cool in comparison. I know many people love the tall form factor of KS18 for sitting, and probably many people also think KS18 looks great. It's just my personal reaction that it would be much cooler if it had the same style as the 14 and 16 KS wheels.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MaxLinux said:

I agree. The KS styling on the 14 and 16 models is beautiful, very cool and elegant. For me, the 18 looks odd, topheavy, much less cool in comparison. I know many people love the tall form factor of KS18 for sitting, and probably many people also think KS18 looks great. It's just my personal reaction that it would be much cooler if it had the same style as the 14 and 16 KS wheels.

I personally like the 'narrow' form factor the KS18 has. If it was more like the KS14 and KS16, it would probably have to be wider. 

I also like how I can steer my KS18 with my legs/knees more. 

 

Allen

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess I have  to make a real hard decision when back at home....

GW V3s+ or Ks18s?

With every new detail I get from the 18S the decision seams to go to more to it....

16" inch wheels with 2.125 wheels are out of the game for me now......

i would have liked a 14d/16 design....but in general I know what advantages I have from the   Shell design(see abinders post)!

As this 18s seams A LOT more agile then my sluggish (first, very old 40kmh Ks18 version, it's very different to 18AY)....and even steps up the game to SAFE 50kmh.....all my wishes seam to come through!

Let's see if i get my last few questions answered by KS.....and then its order time :-)

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Super tough decision to make, for sure.  I took a chance on the MSuper despite the many bad reports in these forums, and hope that works for me.  There's an awful lot attractive about the KS18 too.  I hope you're happy with whatever wheel you choose!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now