• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Pezman said:

if you were to press your thumb into your mini pro tire about how hard would you say they are when inflated properly? Hard as...

Hard as sidewalls... Or as a natural rubber eraser.

Tyre pressure is REALLY important - the FAQ at

http://www.segwayminipro.com/faq/

says 45psi, and on the Amazon seller's page 45 - 50 is their recommendation.  Ignore the marking on the tyre itself.  Ensure both are at the same pressure.  After first getting the pressure correct, then reattach the gauge to see whether the act of attaching / reattaching has caused significant pressure loss you need to allow for in future.  Check at least weekly.  As for how hard - pretty damn hard, but you really can't tell that way in terms of even pressure, so a pump with a gauge is pretty vital.  I use one that plugs into the car 12v power outlet for minimum effort...

And Pezman, congrats on the new arrival!  Being pessimistic, here in brief are some notes on my two accidents (in about 500km) -

1 - Went too fast down a steepish hill and had to slow down too fast at the bottom, and got thrown off the back though without falling over.  Treat downward hills with respect till you get the measure of the maximum slow down available.

2 - Crossing a road from one sloped kerb to another, I realised after starting across that I wouldn't make it before a bunch of cars arrived.  Instinctively reversed but hit the lip of the kerb cut backwards, which resulted in the MP stopping dead and throwing me off forwards into the road, with the oncoming traffic heading towards me...  fortunately nothing worse than grazed knee and wounded pride.  So, be really really sure that roads are clear before crossing, and changing your mind may not be a viable option!

13 minutes ago, RooMiniPro said:

Great vid, Pezman! What a smart and polite daughter you have. I'm sure the MiniPro will provide lots of happy father-daughter memories.

Thanks! Very nice of you to say. :-)

• 4 months later...

Archived