New user firmware 1.28 > 1.32 differences?

9 hours ago, NashvilleNewman said:

Could someone explain to me the differences? I just got my MiniPro and out of the box I had 1.28 on it but I keep reading to NOT upgrade to 1.31. Why exactly? What would I be losing? 

Thanks. 

Welcome, @NashvilleNewman!

There are quite a few members and users of mini/minipro that seem to like 1.1.7 Version of FW. As there is no official way to og back to an earlier FW, many are afraid of upgrade.

There is a unofficial way to downgrade firmware but that is a complex task and only versions up to 1.2.8 can be downgraded. That's why you'll see so many messages warning against updating from 1.2.8...

Personally, I've updated my miniPros from 1.2.2 to 1.3.1 almost immediately after doing a few miles on them. And I cannot say that I regret that. 1.1.7 says to be faster and more responsive but at the same time it seems not to be the safest version.

56 minutes ago, Pezman said:

Was speed the only advantage of 1.1.7?

Speed and warnings and when it beeps at you, how hard the tiltback is. I've never tried 1.1.7 myself so it was nothing to lose. I am now a step away from upgrading to latest 1.4.0 to give it a try.

23 minutes ago, Vik's said:

Speed and warnings and when it beeps at you, how hard the tiltback is. I've never tried 1.1.7 myself so it was nothing to lose. I am now a step away from upgrading to latest 1.4.0 to give it a try.

What fw will mine have when it arrives next week? Please let me know how 1.4.0 works for you. 

7 hours ago, Vik's said:

Welcome, @NashvilleNewman!

There are quite a few members and users of mini/minipro that seem to like 1.1.7 Version of FW. As there is no official way to og back to an earlier FW, many are afraid of upgrade.

There is a unofficial way to downgrade firmware but that is a complex task and only versions up to 1.2.8 can be downgraded. That's why you'll see so many messages warning against updating from 1.2.8...

Personally, I've updated my miniPros from 1.2.2 to 1.3.1 almost immediately after doing a few miles on them. And I cannot say that I regret that. 1.1.7 says to be faster and more responsive but at the same time it seems not to be the safest version.

Thanks Vic's

Not so much interested in downgrading. I'm a very casual user and don't want to mess with too much for fear of "breaking" something. I don't care about going faster than I already can. The response time is fine.

I guess the only things that bother me after a few rides is the constant beeping of I'm going / accelerating too fast and the fact that it slows you down (and almost bucks you off) when it does. 

1 hour ago, NashvilleNewman said:

I guess the only things that bother me after a few rides is the constant beeping of I'm going / accelerating too fast and the fact that it slows you down (and almost bucks you off) when it does. 

Then 1.4.0 could possibly fit you better. According to those who have already updated there is less beeping and more comfortable tiltback.

5 hours ago, Pezman said:

What fw will mine have when it arrives next week? Please let me know how 1.4.0 works for you. 

Sure will do!

As to what fw version you'll get on yours - nobody can even guess. All of mine came with  1.2.2 but that's a while ago..

@NashvilleNewman Hello and welcome

i'm v1.1.7 user

Like a lot of old users, we ride with version since a long time, when ninebot released firmware 127/128 (the both in one week), we feel a big change in our riding habits, lot of restrictions , speed was limited at 16kmh (before we get 18kmh), riding was very hard, without pleasure, always tilback, warning message etc... it was really awfull 

I suggest you:

1/ try riding with v128

2/not happy: downgrade to 117

3/always unsatisfied? update to 1.3.1 or more

My opinion is v128 is really not good , so much issues will better upgrade to 131 ...

A couple of days ago I actually tried looking at the phone to see the speed display while riding, for the first time, (never dared look before!) and it said 18.5 at the "beeping point" on latest firmware.

22 hours ago, Ozpeter said:

A couple of days ago I actually tried looking at the phone to see the speed display while riding, for the first time, (never dared look before!) and it said 18.5 at the "beeping point" on latest firmware.

Good

did you compare speed with another app (like running app samsung s health, i did it often i start in bicy mode and i compare mileage and top speed )

Yes 1.4.0 version is much more better than 1.3.1 it is still not as good as 1.1.7 but I dont think it will get any better than 1.1.7. I went thru all of them version as at the beggining I didnt know much about ninebot mini and now I regret I have been upgreading. but oh well.... cant change it back so have to go with a flow. 1.4.0 has less tilting back, it beeps on You way less, handling seems also a bit better.

I also still remember when my mini shut down 2times suddenly when riding at the top speed 18 and I did fly high. It has never happend again since updating.

If I would be You I would downgrade as You are lucky to have downgrade possibility but if You dont want to mess with it just learn how to ride and then make Your decision.

Archived