new Inmotion V5F - correct angle for the pedals?

Spark

hi guys,

just got my very first unicycle, its a V5F :)

I'm still learning, however I wonder if the angle of the pedals is correct at all.

Shouldnt it look like an upside down T when looking from the front?

my V5F look more like a V the pedals won't level when pushed down, they stay in V Form.

Do I have to adjust this?  Shouldn't the pedals form a straight line rather than being V angled?

I also installed the app where you can adjust how sensitive it reacts to leaning forward or backward

but there's no option to make the pedals go down a bit further.  Normal humans don't have X legs? ;)

Also is there any pedal replacment available for the V5F? im 189cm and have size 12 shoes.

pedals feel waaaaay too short for me.

regards Spark.

My VF5 also has that weird v-shaped look. I found it uncomfortable to have knees inward so I don't. I point my toes out quite a bit.

I took the cover that comes with the wheel, cut out the foam that the wheel came boxed in, then placed those foam blocks between the upper part of the wheel and the cover. This worked very well until my legs got stronger and I got more coordinated.

As for the size--I wear a size nine and I find the pedals absurdly small.  This used to really bother me but then after a while it seems so long as I have good contact with just the heel of my foot that I do not need other parts of my foot firmly on the pedal.

So I think the miniscule foot pedal is the right call.

Yes, mine also has the V-shape. It's probably for stability, so you won't risk gliding off the pedals to the side.

As @LanghamP says, pointing your feet outward will make it more comfortable. Also, I suggest wearing running shoes while riding. The size of the pedals will bother you less because of the upward curve of the sole.

1 hour ago, thefork said:

Yes, mine also has the V-shape. It's probably for stability, so you won't risk gliding off the pedals to the side

The v shape definitely assists in stability and provides the additional clearance when performing tight turns. I have only scraped my pedals once while defying gravity.;)

• 3 weeks later...

hi guys,

thanks for the tips!

it took me about 3 days (2 hours of training each day) to drive a straight line

and get on and off without something to lean on. ;) I also improved the side pads with soft acoustic foam absorber ;)

im now able to do very tight turns with the V5 and also long effortless curves, still struggling with

slalom at higher speeds (above 10mph) and going backwards.

I got used to the steep V-shape of the V5 pedals, however this week I traded

my V5F for a KS16 with a friend who prefers to learn on a smaller wheel (he gave up on the KS).

Now the fun thing is, I personally find the KS16 even more simple to steer.

it might not be as agile as the V5 but it feels more stable at high speeds and leads me to an

overall more relaxed riding style.  So for a beginner I think the KS16 is the way to go.

While steep V-angle pedals provide high agility its still a trade off ;)

A less experienced rider might prefer a lower center of gravity (less pedal height)

and a more subtle pedal angel which helps against your knees going inwards and also

helps getting on and off without thinking about it. (though i might be fooled here comparing my first newbie steps

on the V5 with the first steps on the KS16, already having the V5 experience)

Archived