Roue Libre

Rockwheel GT16 and visit at Urban360

6 posts in this topic

@Roue Libre

thanks for your detailed experience report.

Can you explicit tell us which version it was with the burnt mainboard?

67V 680Wh

Or

84V 858Wh

I ordered the 84V 858Wh version at Aliexpress from Rockwheel Store (Yi Chen) today for my girlfriend.

This store is an official authorised Rockwheel seller. (including after sale support, which means it can provide spareparts cheaper than others... 😅)

But I already had good experience with this seller. It is interesting that this shop is only providing the 84V... 

Maybe this could be one reason that he is only providing the higher voltage version...

We are looking forward to get this beautiful looking racing machine and we will report you from our (hopefully) nice experience. 😉👍🏼

I had a message chat with (yi chen) , and he told me that the gt will not be ready for a month. I'm sure a 'month' means more like several months...Seems like Rockwheel will come out with a lager battery too.

@da_toni I didn't ask what version, I didn't think the burning motherboard issue would be related
@Mrd777 I hope they will use that time to produce a more robust version of the GT. The concept is great (small and powerful) but needs extra engineering.

Posted (edited)

Great info! Sad results:(

Let's hope we don't hear too many incident reports with the new wheel. Looks like RW it isn't better than Gotway in terms of engineering (just some standard parts slapped together, but no overall analysis of the entire system and making sure everything is safe and properly sized). Disappointing... (or maybe it's a fluke/monday model and the other wheels are good? Time will tell)

And if you buy the ACM, also be careful. Personally, I only think Inmotion and Kingsong consider safety reasonably well at the moment.

Edited by meepmeepmayer

This confirms my thoughts : if an experienced manufacturer as gotway still have problems with 84v models, It is probable that a manufacturer with less experience have... more problems.

p.s. the 60v gt16 production is stopped