Tire slime or tube slime for inmotion v5F+?

Planetpapi

I'd bet my paycheck that all EUC tires use tubes. I bought the 16oz size from Amazon, but be sure you use the one for tubes. The Slime sold for tubeless tires has much bigger chucks of 'stuff' in it which would probably mess up your valve if you placed it in the tube. I use 3oz for my 16" wheels, 4oz for 18", and 8oz for 22"

I'll take that bet!  :w00t2:  I think one of the Gotway Mten's had a tubeless tire plus there is one more that had a solid tire which @John Eucist test rode that resembled a power tool like a jackhammer... what was the name of that... EUY CO something?  @MonsieurBadgerCheese bought one for his kid...

EDIT:  Found it!  EYU CO!

4 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

I'll take that bet!  :w00t2:  I think one of the Gotway Mten's had a solid tire plus there is one more that had a solid tire which @John Eucist test rode that resembled a power tool like a jackhammer... what was the name of that... EUY CO something?

Please post your home address here and I'll get a check in the mail pronto.

2 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Even better, I'll give you my GPS coordinates to see if you can figure out where I reside when I'm not in Canada!  :w00t2:

35°2′46″N 90°1′23″W

As soon as I saw the 35th parallel I knew where you'd be. Do they have your forwarding address?

1 hour ago, Tilmann said:

Sorry @Marty Backe, there goes your paycheck...

tubeless_lr.thumb.jpg.74add838c09a5875ea0e16b299f22ee9.jpg

GotWay Mten 2

@Hunka Hunka Burning Love: here are the coordinates for my kick-back 52°31'07.6"N 13°20'19.2"E :cheers:

OK OK :)  I should have said "no current production wheels..."

3 hours ago, Planetpapi said:

Sorry if this is answered elsewhere. I  went to Walmart to buy that green slime but found 2 variants for tire and tube. Both looked same. Do inmotion V5F+ has tube at all? I can't scratch my head anymore!

Stock inmotion v5F+ use pneumatic tires (aka tube). Reads on the instruction manual. Can verify by observing the valve stem on the tire.

3 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

I'll take that bet!  :w00t2:  I think one of the Gotway Mten's had a tubeless tire plus there is one more that had a solid tire which @John Eucist test rode that resembled a power tool like a jackhammer... what was the name of that... EUY CO something?  @MonsieurBadgerCheese bought one for his kid...

The Mten's had pneumatic tires.The M8 was the one with the solid tire.I bought one on my first trip to Shenzhen.The solid tire wasn't too bad actually,not quite a jackhammer.:cry2: Also it really doesn't matter much which Slime version you use.Iv'e used the tubeless version in tubed tires and vice versa just fine.Just make sure you shake it well before you apply it and then get some RPM's a goin' in the tire to assure good even distribution o' Slime!:smartass:

• 4 weeks later...

On the recommendation of a local bike shop I tried this stuff: Stan's No Tubes Tire Sealant on my Inmotion V5F.  The shop guys liked it because it's latex based and somewhat "cleaner".  I just put it in today because I had a slow leak on my ride yesterday, so no experience with it yet.  But despite the fact that it is called "No Tubes" the fine print says it is equally suitable for tube-type and tubeless tires.

Have i just been EXTREMELY lucky or is a puncture/slow puncture a very rare event?

I was never a cyclist but ive been through two eucs now and never an incident. 

I dont go off road though....is that why? All this talk of inner tubes and slime is a level of effort above my laziness default setting. ?

2 minutes ago, Paddylaz said:

Have i just been EXTREMELY lucky or is a puncture/slow puncture a very rare event?

Probably neither one nor the other. To answer with more certainty we would need to know your mileage and tire pressure. The tire also makes a huge difference and I am not sure we have specific tire data anyways. I would say that with a cheap tire and low pressure you may have a flat every few hundred km. With a good tire and enough pressure the number might well go up to ten thousand km or more. I am going 5000km without a flat while using Slime. Though I wouldn't bet against the claim that I would have been just fine without Slime as well.

3 minutes ago, Mono said:

Probably neither one nor the other. To answer with more certainty we would need to know your mileage and tire pressure. The tire also makes a huge difference and I am not sure we have specific tire data anyways. I would say that with a cheap tire and low pressure you may have a flat every few hundred km. With a good tire and enough pressure the number might well go up to ten thousand km or more. I am going 5000km without a flat while using Slime. Though I wouldn't bet against the claim that I would have been just fine without Slime as well.

Fair enough.

I DO have it pumped fairly high. Always at 57psi (not sure why i have picked that, but i never ride without repumping). Not with my wheel now but i think Im on 400km. My lhotz was much, much more though.

Fingers crossed for the future. There are only two things in life that scare me - the dentist, and having to open up my euc ?

I put slime into my V8 today. It was a pain in the butt getting access to the pressure valve. Neat process though. Forgot to remove the metal piece in the valve at first which obviously didn't work well :roflmao: interested to see if the wheel rides any differently tomorrow. 

42 minutes ago, Maximus said:

I put slime into my V8 today. It was a pain in the butt getting access to the pressure valve. Neat process though. Forgot to remove the metal piece in the valve at first which obviously didn't work well :roflmao: interested to see if the wheel rides any differently tomorrow. 

I've slimed all of my wheels and have never noticed a difference.

I got a puncture on a brand new mountain bike the very first day I rode it.  I bought a new tube and slimed it and haven't had a puncture since then, which was 2 years ago and I have ridden it in the same park/trail/field that the puncture occurred hundreds of times.  I don't know if I did actually get a puncture and slime fixed it without me noticing or if I have just been lucky, so I still don't know if slime is worth it or not.  However, I have discovered the dark side of slime and that is that after 2 years of topping up the air every month or so, one of my valve stems is totally blocked up by the slime now and I cannot get any air into it with a hand or foot pump.  Only an air compressor can manage, and even then the machine really struggles and almost maxes out its pressure reading.  I have heard from other people that slime has messed up their valve stems too and now it has finally happened to me.

18 minutes ago, RooMiniPro said:

I got a puncture on a brand new mountain bike the very first day I rode it.  I bought a new tube and slimed it and haven't had a puncture since then, which was 2 years ago and I have ridden it in the same park/trail/field that the puncture occurred hundreds of times.  I don't know if I did actually get a puncture and slime fixed it without me noticing or if I have just been lucky, so I still don't know if slime is worth it or not.  However, I have discovered the dark side of slime and that is that after 2 years of topping up the air every month or so, one of my valve stems is totally blocked up by the slime now and I cannot get any air into it with a hand or foot pump.  Only an air compressor can manage, and even then the machine really struggles and almost maxes out its pressure reading.  I have heard from other people that slime has messed up their valve stems too and now it has finally happened to me.

You should be able to pull out the valve stem and clean it, or buy a replacement (they barely cost anything).

• 10 months later...
On 19 April 2017 at 5:05 AM, Marty Backe said:

I've slimed all of my wheels and have never noticed a difference.

I slimed my V8 yesterday following the instructions of your video. It was very helpful. 

However, the EUC is much wobblier and harder to control. I only used 118ml. And it's a lot harder to pump up now. 

Any pointers 

On 4/21/2017 at 3:29 PM, RooMiniPro said:

I know this is very late, but slime is only good for 2 years, then must be replenished.

11 minutes ago, Siggy said:

I slimed my V8 yesterday following the instructions of your video. It was very helpful. 

However, the EUC is much wobblier and harder to control. I only used 118ml. And it's a lot harder to pump up now. 

Any pointers 

That's strange, I used the same amount in my 16 inch Ninebot tire, and didn't feel any difference in wobbling or putting air.  It's only 4 ounces, once the tire starts rolling the slime gets distributed around the inside of the tire.  Maybe when you pumped it up after putting the slime, the pressure is different from what you were using before?  

3 minutes ago, steve454 said:

That's strange, I used the same amount in my 16 inch Ninebot tire, and didn't feel any difference in wobbling or putting air.  It's only 4 ounces, once the tire starts rolling the slime gets distributed around the inside of the tire.  Maybe when you pumped it up after putting the slime, the pressure is different from what you were using before?  

You may be right about pressure. 

I pump my EUC at a petrol station 5 mins from my house. It's an old air pump, with an old school gauge.

Before slime I'd pump to 45psi

Aftrr sliming the gauge constantly stays on 0. I think it's having trouble reading the psi with slime inside. 

Ive just pumped it - by feel- as full as I can without bursting it. It rides a bit better now but not as smooth as pre slime. 

Will monitor the situation :)

Just don't want it to turn into some danger wheel. 

Also I may or may not have mangled the crap out of the valve pipe with some pliers. Because somehow between my house and the station the usually exposed inner tube valve actually shrunk back into the tire :/ weird

2 hours ago, Siggy said:

Any pointers 

I put 3 ounces in my 16-inch wheels. I've never noticed any affects.

13 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I put 3 ounces in my 16-inch wheels. I've never noticed any affects.

Same . Never noticed any issue al all. You put 4oz in @Siggy that’s enough for a 29” MTB tire ..possibly just a bit too much for the 16” wheel . (?)

Archived