Where to buy V8 in Canada?

GenericArt

Hello people, I am looking to buy an inmotion v8. I live in Canada, specifically Vancouver and are having a little bit of a hard time finding a place to buy it from. I have read that the retailer needs to be legit so you can "unlock" the wheel, which has made me super cautious and unsure of where to buy from. Can anyone recommend a place(s)/website?

18 minutes ago, abinder3 said:

Have you tried:

www.vaneuc.com

They don't have it listed on their website but they may be able to get one since they have a couple of the inmotion EUCs.

Allen

Hey Allen,

Oh wow, they are right in Vancouver, that's awesome!

How do you know these guys?

They seem to have been around for quite some time as I ran across their website months and month ago.  They also seem to have a pretty full lineup of InMotion rides.  I guess they could be illegally smuggling them in, but they likely wouldn't be around if they weren't an authorized dealer?  It's probably safer to buy locally though as shipping these heavy items for warranty purposes is not cheap!  Ridetheglide.ca has some Ninebot and Gotway units if you want to consider those.  Jason McNeil ships internationally I believe?  Maybe check out  https://www.ewheels.com/ as well.

43 minutes ago, GenericArt said:

Hey Allen,

Oh wow, they are right in Vancouver, that's awesome!

How do you know these guys?

About 4 or 5 months ago, I was searching youtube videos for inmotion EUCs and came across a video that they did on the V3pro.

Allen

1 hour ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

They seem to have been around for quite some time as I ran across their website months and month ago.  They also seem to have a pretty full lineup of InMotion rides.  I guess they could be illegally smuggling them in, but they likely wouldn't be around if they weren't an authorized dealer?  It's probably safer to buy locally though as shipping these heavy items for warranty purposes is not cheap!  Ridetheglide.ca has some Ninebot and Gotway units if you want to consider those.  Jason McNeil ships internationally I believe?  Maybe check out  https://www.ewheels.com/ as well.

I did reach out to rideandglide and the response was they were had never heard of inmotion before "not very familiar with the InMotion brand" and tried to sell me on a Gotway ACM. I had looked at the Gotway MCM4 before but the review I saw from speedyfeet uk made it seemed like the quality of the build is not the greatest. Quality is very high on my priority list and Inmotion seems to be up there based on the research I have done.

Yeah the only place I have found that seems legit is ewheels and they have a cool deal going on for the v8 but because of the shipping from the US going to leave it as a last resort for now me thinks.

I'll try reaching out to inmotion canada and see what I can learn from them as well as vaneuc I guess. Their website is pretty bad though, seems put together poorly.

Thanks for the info!

18 minutes ago, GenericArt said:

<snip>
I did reach out to rideandglide and the response was they had never heard of inmotion before and tried to sell me on a Gotway ACM.
<snip>

I must say, any 'dealer' that says they haven't heard of Inmotion is either lying or incompetent (sorry).

7 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I must say, any 'dealer' that says they haven't heard of Inmotion is either lying or incompetent (sorry).

Yeah that's what I kind of thought too, I think he/she was just trying to sell their own stuff because they followed that with how much better the Gotway was.. needless to say I won't be buying from them.

Also I edited my post, the exact quote was "not very familiar with the InMotion brand". So I took that as they didn't know about them.. either way a little weird.

2 minutes ago, GenericArt said:

Yeah that's what I kind of thought too, I think he/she was just trying to sell their own stuff because they followed that with how much better the Gotway was.. needless to say I won't be buying from them.

Also I edited my post, the exact quote was "not very familiar with the InMotion brand". So I took that as they didn't know about them.. either way a little weird.

Thanks for the correction. My words are a bit harsh based on your new context, but I would think any dealer worth 'their salt' would be very familiar with Inmotion. I want to buy from and support dealers that have a passion for EUC's at or near my level of obsession :w00t2:

I think Mike from Ridetheglide is on the forums every now and then.  I was looking at some Ninebot pricing from them a while ago.  He seems like a nice enough guy - not very pushy in terms of selling to me.   I believe they are on Vancouver Island maybe in Victoria?

Don't know much more than that, but unless you're on the forums a lot you might not have intimate knowledge of all the options out there.  Some might pick what they perceive is the best in terms of specs and stock only certain items.  These things probably don't fly off the shelves in Canuckland so dealers up here have to be more selective I'm guessing.

• 2 weeks later...

Ridetheglide.ca is based out of Victoria.  They are a small business that mainly do Segway tours but also sell a few units.

I bought my Gotway MCM4 from them last fall.  I have no complaints and would probably buy from them again.   Not many dealers up here. 

I also emailed with Inmotioncanada.com but at the time he did not have the V8 model.

• 3 weeks later...
58 minutes ago, RooMiniPro said:

How painful was the customs hit?

I've never had to pay a customs fee for the wheels that I bought from Speedyfeet. Maybe it depends on the seller and how they ship it. Maybe that's the same case for eWheels to Canada?

Archived