Gotway ACM 1600 Autopsy and Mods

The pedal hanger assembly required a little more effort than previously shown. I realized the hangers were out of alignment. Just tightening the nuts does not make them parallel with each other as you will see. 

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Jason McNeil Great job getting Gotway to do some future proofing:thumbup: (or they just did the calculations for real after you asked, had an "oooh" moment, and quietly upgraded the wires?:P)

Good to see Gotway are reacting, and quite fast given the circumstances.

Now if you can get them to improve the lights to at least KS level (front and back)...;)

@Rehab1 Congratulations on the motor that already has what you tried to do with the first one. I'm almost envious. When will your wheel be ready?

5 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

@Rehab1 Congratulations on the motor that already has what you tried to do with the first one. I'm almost envious. When will your wheel be ready?

Thanks buddy! I just need another 3- 4 hours to finish up a few items!  I keep making progress and best of all...no extra screws so far!:clap3:

@Rehab1 You have a different tire? I assume that is on you, not a new GW standard?

1 hour ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

All seeing, all knowing.  :efee6b18f3:  All seeing, all knowing.  Never underestimate the powers of the "Psychic SummonerTM."
Anyone want next week's lotto numbers?  :whistling:

Not bad, not badB)

Here's my theory: you must be from the future, communicating with the past to prevent a catastrophe and save the planet (or just prevent EUC cut outs). Your frequent old-man-with-no-filter offtopic-ing is just a clever disguise, to save us all, by giving hidden hints and stealthily guiding us! Am I right?

1 minute ago, meepmeepmayer said:

@Rehab1 You have a different tire? I assume that is on you, not a new GW standard?

Yes I added the new Kendra tire. Only the assembled motor arrived. 

18 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Here's my theory: you must be from the future, communicating with the past to prevent a catastrophe and save the planet (or just prevent EUC cut outs). Your frequent old-man-with-no-filter offtopic-ing is just a clever disguise, to save us all, by giving hidden hints and stealthily guiding us! Am I right?

SHHhhhhHhhhhh  :efef585a74:   They will find me if the secret gets out!!!  Old man?  :efee78d764:  Maybe old fashioned possibly.  Nostalgic?  Yes, I would go with that.  I do have a selective filter which sometimes is no filter at all which can be good and bad.  But yes I am here to save you all.  Can't tell you how or why, but um just remember not to eat that one sushi roll third from the right next Tuesday.  Remember, third from the right.  :eff05cf9bc:

1 hour ago, steve454 said:

The Kendra tire looks like a good dirt tire.

I am hoping it works well in dirt, loose gravel and snow!:) 

1 hour ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Really good how the motor side covers are flat. No dirt can get stuck on there somewhere. So many other manufacturers showing off their fancy motors, but with tons of grooves where dirt, road salt, ... can accumulate.

That may change. I received this photo of a new GW motor from a supplier in China when I was shopping around. You can see the rim cut outs.

I thank the GW Gods my new motor was purchased from @Jason McNeil!

I meant the side plate itself, not the outer rim (but of course it would be nice if the entire thing would be as flat as possible). As opposed to this, for example, my first thought about the 2nd picture was "dirt is going to get in there" (it's not that bad, but still): 

Also, awesome how you got insider information just by being in contact with suppliers. Looks like aluminium instead of steel, for weight reduction?

8 minutes ago, SuperSport said:

My MSuper has the cutouts also. Maybe just the difference between 16" & 18"?

Interesting. It may be possible the lady was blowing smoke up my behind and it was not an ACM motor.  I do like the appearance! Have you looked at your motor wires? Do they look like the photo?

34 minutes ago, SuperSport said:

My MSuper has the cutouts also. Maybe just the difference between 16" & 18"?

The Monster has the cutouts too :efee612b4b:

Afaik the motor is exactly the same between ACM and msuper V3 (and thus the motor wires); just one has the wider rim with cut outs to make it 18 inches diameter.

Must be the 18 inch version in the picture, the 16 inch rim is much smaller overall (space between motor side plate bolts and tire rubber) - or it's for something entirely new.

1 minute ago, Marty Backe said:

The Monster has the cutouts too :efee612b4b:

Maybe just the 'M' machines have cutouts!?

5 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Oh GW used red...trust me! There is one more version, I believe it is purple.., now that stuff is tough! We use red all of the time on our braces so the kiddo's don't loosen screws. We never have any issues with removal.

Nope. Purple loctite has less holding strength than blue. 

We use the 3; purple, blue, and red loctite at work. 

Allen

May I in advance humbly request that you video the process of connecting the motor wires to the board wires?:P

Never seen soldering or what else is to be done before, and would be very interested how the entire process looks.

15 hours ago, SuperSport said:

I find it encouraging that they are listening and fixing things as they come.  I know many seem frustrated at times, but it can take a little while to incorporate new features and fixes in the next iteration of things.  They appear to be doing that.  First, more Mosfets, then connectors, and now wire gauge.  It's a start.

Yes, very encouraging developments!

14 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

May I in advance humbly request that you video the process of connecting the motor wires to the board wires?:P

Never seen soldering or what else is to be done before, and would be very interested how the entire process looks.

Ha..ha... you just want to see the sparks fly:laughbounce2:

Yes I will be more than happy to record the process. Give me a few days. Off to a relaxing weekend.B)

Actually, no, just genuinely curious how it works exactly. I can guess you somehow "twirl" 2 cables together in some way, so they are electrically connected, and then solder something on it so it holds, but it's the details I have no idea about. May need to know how to do this sooner or later.

I do not wish sparks on you (or maybe, more probable, fire in this case:P), you've had enough crap already.

Thanks, looking forward to see the video, but no hurries:)

Archived