Rehab1

Gotway ACM 1600 Autopsy and Mods

470 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

My new motor finally arrives on Tuesday thanks to @Jason McNeil:clap3: Interestingly they describe the motor as a controller weighing in at a hefty 11 lbs with no battery. 

It has REALLY big Mosfets on it. :P  But, that's great news!  Finally be able to put it back together.

Then, just ride past your wife as if nothing has happened...  <_<

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SuperSport said:

It has REALLY big Mosfets on it. :P  But, that's great news!  Finally be able to put it back together.

Then, just ride past your wife as if nothing has happened...  <_<

My wife would be pleased with a really big Mosfet!;)

It has been a long time since beginning the rebuild. Hopefully it will be back together soon.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

My new motor finally arrives on Tuesday thanks to @Jason McNeil:clap3: Interestingly they describe the motor as a controller weighing in at a hefty 11 lbs with no battery.

Finally the finish line is in sight!

Is it just a matter of putting everything together or do you still have bigger plans left (for who knows what)?

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Finally the finish line is in sight!

Is it just a matter of putting everything together or do you still have bigger plans left (for who knows what)?

I still may paint it but the cooling system,  temperature data logger and spark arrestor are it for the mods. I will not have to update the new motor.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

I still may paint it but the cooling system,  temperature data logger and spark arrestor are it for the mods. I will not have to update the new motor.

Your last sentence implies something special about this motor? Doesn't it contain the same deficiencies that you were originally trying to correct? Or you are just willing to live with them now?

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Marty asking the armor-piercing questions;)

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

Your last sentence implies something special about this motor? Doesn't it contain the same deficiencies that you were originally trying to correct? Or you are just willing to live with them now?

 

1 hour ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Marty asking the armor-piercing questions;)

  I should be able to answer on Tuesday. For now :confused1:

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rehab1 said:

Funny...the DHL delivery truck arrives at my house at 10pm last night! What company delivers packages that late at night? I had rerouted the new motor for delivery to my work address since I would not be home during normal delivery times and I needed to sign for it. For some reason my home address was still on the guy's computer. So this poor guy drives up my dark driveway after working a 12 hour shift and rummages though 30 packages in the back of his truck only to find out there is no wheel on board..:( I had a feeling but I helped the guy anyway. Then I find out the guy still has to deliver the remaining packages in his truck before going home. He was cussing out DHL all the way saying he gets sick worrying about what might happen when deliverying packages to people's homes this late at night.  Last week he was cornered by 2 German Shepards. I hope he made it home safely! 

Sometimes those guys are great, sometimes they're really horrible.  It's hard to know what to think about them -- and their companies -- sometimes.

The dog thing definitely has my sympathies though.  

We have dogs that come racing at you and barking, four at once ... and then sit down right by your feet and wait for a treat.  Must be terrifying.  They do it whether they've known you for years or never seen you in their lives, and the result is the same.  We have a tiny little neighbor lady that just laughs, but I can see someone who didn't know our dogs thinking he's about to meet his maker.

Even though all four dogs together still weigh less than I do. :D

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dingfelder said:

We have dogs that come racing at you and barking, four at once ... and then sit down right by your feet and wait for a treat.  Must be terrifying.  They do it whether they've known you for years or never seen you in their lives, and the result is the same.  We have a tiny little neighbor lady that just laughs, but I can see someone who didn't know our dogs thinking he's about to meet his maker.

My Shepherd meets you like you are her next meal.  She also is just saying she wants to play, but you'd never know it.

Here's what you THINK you're gonna get:

NA1hvQwaXxe8N3igAvcY7Dqi28hLFig76XyugGxAsTovjtcK3p7Z48NF3GYCl5L4jlbTHw0YcqQ-aeLQAWi-v5or_of2Jmt6vcMqQh6BqReozzOqQkerq--IfDnv5iCTRvc39WEnaKjiNkOQDJmfz0CMxT48eCWZIz8_CitaoPbXDGe8LCxVW1juz_m4KBGEfbfVtQ6idv61eBIVfo4QXBnP2AhVYqaMga_nfU9TMC5iFe0YpqthQR50ETsIHHh0G76hS3hBav5RA3gvCyWSMXxqdqPPfOM6ytIdZevCSFUvuOlRrIMxoGpqgpwYmVnZ7YMKpxtrRUlZmGvPCQ_LxEZt6i-8E1LXm6iIoXJd7nhdFRj5tqWGtP5gpwguHBDVgUplD2MaLhnj3EW8vwhpsJULj_v3dzLRAA7seGcoDL6TnNkWVFQdi0sjL3WAe51Rlj5lN0Hmmk8on39ciLBqdGv7TbhGbuBY97E63M4hPVEP5_ABgQoQ9nxgT8hiKuac73ZBwSmXULWiEpJ5rAw_vKXNNuuww8bqlNsdztM2FjZ3xjbnam9K80NrnKs7KMMfxGhZk1ck4XIvlaMMjB3oIFA2uC6N0mU5vZnGiVPzjFM6EtekMYOZNg=w731-h974-no

And here's what you actually get:

Zgqb66dpzs4YJVccb4vQdVJEvtTaNqGZbe2OaqhyxvBGDUwceCe-oL-aJuUyPegHs1IGKp9tdGlPxMKCAwEVYvrTXrHGwTSjUNUmYgaPamEtX-EJW-W4w-kK183115ogsej30lRZ1Z25d_X2FeodPHiaR0AET7RL8V32WsY7_L3Vciv4igOLqfLDEotvNTVjQbcjM_yhELbTuDJd91ypT29FUrUjwIyzIArSyf7HtxtX-LThXt9XtZfuBkcJIEomdH6uhb_OENWLsbR7LpUnbBo-7kh4CpCDgrtHVdIduGa8L_c42OOY8oEzN3QOVED2QTuDnl1Om0_R67YPjgYho9G3CVLi7HCHn1JUwL9RYJV-Wy-v3rKIzhq351mRrtZ0UQ_BnsTT5Md7I5LyEcPHIHlYVeK-bWAU_9H-692sViIPsTRu1u-dNbfV51HQL_1mYZCkDjxbn8-GkR-p9B1ytv2iicdrunP2OkkSZfQLiDh2hnhCaF2N7KfLlNG5GjO4_qloa-PYhsAeROvpwLmfBMJNKwOzyHXcdUx_7wVQx8_RAXveekThw0tcCxcEUd8OzALtBCKtx8JI8SMYU_2xc9pbaciDmHjhfQ4ExJP3JVOJ3u0DsoylvA=w720-h687-no

JkhzNrunBinSvp7Mod6K-okD6zUgMMU0wMz2XO4jdHOMOeQ-nq6pTz-YnhG2ppaSiR72LbgNwP3NkP08-n_ZGPCKPr5DKDL1aNfLeBdvjyAFigoglspqNBpE0V83mcCNqXWsj_IhG-TKPU1dnNlcm8LhW8DFFXRcOQ4d5w0brTTL5tpCdMuynMKVSuI4skZzqx6mkc0C614KAXlvqrnt59yIaYlgKnBJiwySqCh2_bWtoq4p6janOyg3uja8JCA5XZ6x47euwQSFnnE-sub6cFdoQeWa9u58lbAfAKb9u0TarBCPA9Fm66hLC_mQHYAsqUTmqXlNpEdcb7B1JjmymWKh3veCNkrUbOHr9bH6polQwx_Miibbm2cpMHwXccn6aSKbG_1JdicybbfrYzvsacOnW0oayMnYC-cAd3rZGwTstESDIjWOkUJ_367l4Kk9LkZUFmR1mKdTcGsDGsdkQXMW_hAYfvZmNdIRikJLfvoLtUkT2BXkRQpbY4yk_oDBEfFhtKVwFwWJrxzacaMyQZfiJFk-GpLK6EsrkQia6chv-yPr9HC-U4QpE7k6aW3hnzB6lE1Zdg2gpYaTf_cNpoMgkPH-_lvohLH9Nwf1MbfrMkWNSIcGrQ=w549-h974-no

c-76meCECfT7cheusEXcQ2iQrbnI7SjOwtL6PhygGtA45yl8wiPRMfelJXMjCIQVRkt_AQo89iNiMjFY9f88zf5IsMhqPXnQbE8h9Gmqkh8ltrPcKPunIM3vrvAKRUTUTpD5m0qcHDTlzQOwJWGKDpwkpXGbvL-D--gkLHImAFsGgfQCXvdW47dmURKV0N7cwdDUnbsHy0MWopQpoqBQ_8RPHe2fyMbaUltdKiLibg0TQ1p_8THx-AZHEs6LPaI8QJ5d1m4r5FMWccNwGE1dNpI-5Kv0J7P2R6oRTgykHUB58MSH4m6gVNVCLYvLZZyIQA22evD9UpSVjj2S_0lxl94rdBXmWYHM58ZUJdAaWmJkTtEgoJ_KgNKz6AOjuIOIPxT76LZR7AzzcLPJ7apNSVQXoFX0BmnFOD-JicFUhm1_YIGovuji6DJkScczroL6492ycYaqrdbm8tD3JoRgoTUgLyLbt5VMn2VGF1pN7MVmf4EpURAaVd4L0e3L1mlwlWg-7mnZaM1I-Q7KVEE0ZsUHdPBTz9XqOG7vXEjxZPefqkyvl60C7SowLYwL3l6ZY2A7wHsWrk5OH5vqBW-sL4oRcau5nSGuuTVMGCWkIBnKuoOdx-BoAw=w1732-h974-no

e9cMy-N4OwuxxPvUmd6xxnpjT8xjPQLvdJWu499AWPhJuLJ0qidxBE4swMskPUjQ0yam5XP4lqfpmmn1tq6uuC61xjvwTo2_VhPL3of6Uh6hSiOxBv2jUwowX11UOSKbTrTmiZ2ITlOBGN2jKruoN3Se-jMWJ80CB9AnlIRjCWAfrRBhmzWjyRCXiDc3rq4dFQXWFQkhxjH0mXU2X59sZ4BSDiTphYQqxAY99CcPRVY0WCHto0RKAmcqEGFy8jGghxyuJ-xTGQxcLhgmwx24siN3afm3iC-HxJezQHn2zh_5QDIgqloy2st4hS8x8cH5oaYETlGC_vrYmFN6DeogR1jD3ipJbOYsZpE7wtxnx6RKmlYpkz-bNp4FTpDR5ChSkQLxTU8IWxoSGBOAPLglZVKEME-1XA40ny_uTIDG16Nf7gg_bYXPsmtKikkSyqhf0jjXf-L6kH0CHPi51DGQddC1472OkpQh_0iiB4c2kmnFMTSOrBZMf0LDCcgKUPnELpx-M9cybt71a8Jsk-6I2d4ueuc15SxgVKnXF3GE42fnP-YwnM8ShG3Ofgzn8HAvPmyRlJxkpuUdkNkr4lhcgkDWPeDWxgOJAuyISkQvqWNzWiSWsbIPmg=w1299-h974-no

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, SuperSport said:

My Shepherd meets you like you are her next meal.  She also is just saying she wants to play, but you'd never know

I decided to change the topic's  title:laughbounce2:

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry @Rehab1 !!!

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, SuperSport said:

e9cMy-N4OwuxxPvUmd6xxnpjT8xjPQLvdJWu499AWPhJuLJ0qidxBE4swMskPUjQ0yam5XP4lqfpmmn1tq6uuC61xjvwTo2_VhPL3of6Uh6hSiOxBv2jUwowX11UOSKbTrTmiZ2ITlOBGN2jKruoN3Se-jMWJ80CB9AnlIRjCWAfrRBhmzWjyRCXiDc3rq4dFQXWFQkhxjH0mXU2X59sZ4BSDiTphYQqxAY99CcPRVY0WCHto0RKAmcqEGFy8jGghxyuJ-xTGQxcLhgmwx24siN3afm3iC-HxJezQHn2zh_5QDIgqloy2st4hS8x8cH5oaYETlGC_vrYmFN6DeogR1jD3ipJbOYsZpE7wtxnx6RKmlYpkz-bNp4FTpDR5ChSkQLxTU8IWxoSGBOAPLglZVKEME-1XA40ny_uTIDG16Nf7gg_bYXPsmtKikkSyqhf0jjXf-L6kH0CHPi51DGQddC1472OkpQh_0iiB4c2kmnFMTSOrBZMf0LDCcgKUPnELpx-M9cybt71a8Jsk-6I2d4ueuc15SxgVKnXF3GE42fnP-YwnM8ShG3Ofgzn8HAvPmyRlJxkpuUdkNkr4lhcgkDWPeDWxgOJAuyISkQvqWNzWiSWsbIPmg=w1299-h974-no

Handsome dog.  Love that last picture!

I love German Shepherds.  We used to own a kennel and a pet shop, and have owned many dogs and many dogs at once for decades.  German Shepherds are just perfect to me.

I love  other breeds too ... we have Australian shepherds now ... but German Shepherds have a huge place in my heart.  I only wish Americans hadn't bred them into all that horrible hip dysplasia.  They are perfect dogs if you don't screw them up on purpose.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

7 hours ago, SuperSport said:

Sorry @Rehab1 !!!

OH NO! Where did your dog go? Bring him back! I love dogs!! No issues here buddy! I derail all of the time! Learned from my prodigy @Hunka Hunka Burning Love!:cheers:

Edited by Rehab1
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, SuperSport said:

My Shepherd meets you like you are her next meal.  She also is just saying she wants to play, but you'd never know it.

:clap3: Shepards are so smart! Many of my peds patients have trained Shepards to assist them in life. Most have a placard displayed on their harnesses " Please Do Not Pet". Once I get permission from the parents I give them hugs and they just melt in your arms. :)

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

:clap3: Shepards are so smart! Many of my peds patients have trained Shepards to assist them in life. Most have a placard displayed on their harnesses " Please Do Not Pet". Once I get permission from the parents I give them hugs and they just melt in your arms. :)

They can be hard workers and deserve lots of attention and praise.  

My father had a service dog.  She picked up things for him and such, but mostly they were just in love with each other and happily kept each other constant company.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I find it encouraging that they are listening and fixing things as they come.  I know many seem frustrated at times, but it can take a little while to incorporate new features and fixes in the next iteration of things.  They appear to be doing that.  First, more Mosfets, then connectors, and now wire gauge.  It's a start.  The next release might just be a pretty good one if all these changes along with any we are not aware of yet are used.  There is also a photo on FaceBook that shows a Voltage Gauge on the Monster.  I don't know if it's Factory, but it sure appears that way.  If not, it was well done.

Edited by SuperSport
3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, SuperSport said:

I find it encouraging that they are listening and fixing things as they come.  I know many seem frustrated at times, but it can take a little while to incorporate new features and fixes in the next iteration of things.  They appear to be doing that.  First, more Mosfets, then connectors, and now wire gauge.  It's a start.  The next release might just be a pretty good one if all these changes along with any we are not aware of yet are used.  There is also a photo on FaceBook that shows a Voltage Gauge on the Monster.  I don't know if it's Factory, but it sure appears that way.  If not, it was well done.

Yeah, that voltage/battery gauge was super cool. Wouldn't it be great to glance down at any of our wheels and see the battery level in such a straightforward manner.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whack that baby!  :w00t2:  Red Loctite?  I thought that was the permanent stuff... wouldn't blue be better? 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Whack that baby!  :w00t2:  Red Loctite?  I thought that was the permanent stuff... wouldn't blue be better? 

Oh GW used red...trust me! There is one more version, I believe it is purple.., now that stuff is tough! We use red all of the time on our braces so the kiddo's don't loosen screws. We never have any issues with removal.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now