Segway/Ninebot One S1 for beginner

zoeywill

18 hours ago, Michael Lutge said:

Do you know why NInebot ditched the leg pads on the S1/S2? I got one about 6 weeks ago and while I love it I don't understand why you would remove these pads. The wheel seems to have unnecessary wobble without them although I have nothing else to compare it to. But watching other videos, it looks like the pads offer a good bit of stability.

Can pads be added to the S1? Is that a total DIY thing?

Michael, how many total miles do you have on EUCs?  The wobble is generally a beginners problem, and primarily related to leg fatigue.  Sounds like you are just beginning.. the wobble should go away by 40 miles or so.

On 3/21/2017 at 5:19 PM, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

16" wheels can roll over more varied bumpy areas easier than a 14" I find at least.

Definitely, 16" is much more practical for going over bumpy areas.

15 hours ago, MaxLinux said:

A great 16-inch option at an affordable price point: IPS 121+ for $550 shipped.

I have owned several of these with zero problems.

Available here:

https://alldaywheel.com/collections/inventory/products/ips-122

See it in action here:

Wow 30kmh, that's pretty fast.  Looks like a great price with those specs.  Just a little more than half the price of my Ninebot.  In the video, his wheel was beeping a lot, are you able to set the beeps to come on at different speeds?  That looks like not just a great beginner wheel, but might even be a slight upgrade to the Ninebot one E+.  

On 6/27/2017 at 6:03 PM, Michael Lutge said:

Thanks to both you guys, I just ordered a pair of these!

So I got those pads, installed them and have been riding around for a couple days with them now. And I gotta say, they make a big difference in stability on the S1. It's much easier to take turns at higher speeds now. I think before the pads there was just so much play in the wheel as I leaned into the turn that it threw off my balance at higher speeds. I'd be curious to hear from someone who has ridden an S1 and something else with leg pads. Good investment in my opinion, thanks for the suggestion guys!

Archived