Cogswell Dam Ride - April 1st 2017

Marty Backe

4 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

A reminder for those who are riding Cogswell tomorrow ( @swvision @noisycarlos @abinder3), get your Day Pass for the parking. I bought mine today at a Big 5 store for $5. Only took a couple of minutes.

Since I will have to miss this ride due to business obligations and will not be available to cover @abinder3's six,I just confered with the Wheel Gods and they have decreed that the job falls to @Marty Backe.Yes Allen,this means that @Marty Backe will cover your backe.:roflmao:

18 minutes ago, jrkline said:

Since I will have to miss this ride due to business obligations and will not be available to cover @abinder3's six,I just confered with the Wheel Gods and they have decreed that the job falls to @Marty Backe.Yes Allen,this means that @Marty Backe will cover your backe.:roflmao:

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

(This ride is probably actually going to be easier than Griffith park.  But thanks for thinking of me !!!!!!!!!!! )

Allen

@swvision, I hope all is well. We waited about 45 minutes for you but then gave up and started the ride. Hope you didn't eventually get there to find us 'gone'.

38 minutes ago, swvision said:

hey marty sorry about that i'm still waiting for my tire to be shipped. I should've let you know. I'm sorry for making you wait.

Wow, that's too bad that you're having to wait so long for a tire. Hope that it arrives before summer ;)

Hope you guys had a Great time,  please upload any videos, I could not join the Group ride, since had a bad faceplant a week ago and road rashs all over .

Peter

11 minutes ago, nbxpq3 said:

Hope you guys had a Great time,  please upload any videos, I could not join the Group ride, since had a bad faceplant a week ago and road rashs all over .

Peter

Ouch, sorry to hear that :( Now, you can't just say that and provide no details :popcorn:

I will post a summary video shortly. We did have a great ride. There's always another day.

Here are the VR pictures I took.

Viewable on all computers and mobiles. But for the full VR effect you'll need the free app on the link (Cardboard Camera) and a viewer like Google Cardboard or Daydream.

They're not just a 360 degree panorama, there's actually depth to them (3D) and I think it looks nice with the big mountains :-)

https://goo.gl/vrphoto/WE4IrDxijqjBeJcH3

1 hour ago, noisycarlos said:

Here are the VR pictures I took.

Viewable on all computers and mobiles. But for the full VR effect you'll need the free app on the link (Cardboard Camera) and a viewer like Google Cardboard or Daydream.

They're not just a 360 degree panorama, there's actually depth to them (3D) and I think it looks nice with the big mountains :-)

https://goo.gl/vrphoto/WE4IrDxijqjBeJcH3

I'm bookmarking these to fully enjoy them when I get my new phone. But otherwise they look cool B)

On 4/1/2017 at 6:10 PM, Marty Backe said:

Wow, that's too bad that you're having to wait so long for a tire. Hope that it arrives before summer ;)

Well, I got it through aliexpress and china post for only $20. What I really need is a second wheel. The Gt16 Rockwheel looked great but from what I'm hearing about it on this forum is just bad news. I also ordered a co2 quick tire and tube patch kit. So, if something happens by myself or in a group ill be more equipped to help anyone with their wheel.

https://www.amazon.com/Innovations-Tire-Repair-Inflation-Wallet/dp/B00JL90KR4

60636.jpg

2 hours ago, swvision said:

Well, I got it through aliexpress and china post for only $20. What I really need is a second wheel. The Gt16 Rockwheel looked great but from what I'm hearing about it on this forum is just bad news. I also ordered a co2 quick tire and tube patch kit. So, if something happens by myself or in a group ill be more equipped to help anyone with their wheel.

https://www.amazon.com/Innovations-Tire-Repair-Inflation-Wallet/dp/B00JL90KR4

60636.jpg

I thought about carrying a tube repair kit but then learned how difficult it is to remove tires in the field. Then I discovered Slime and have since put that in all my tires which gives me a lot of peace of mind.

But you've actually replaced the tube on your wheel once already. Do you feel confident that it wouldn't be too difficult to patch an EUC tube in the field?

I was excited about the GT16 too but I'm not overly impressed from what I've been seeing. Since I own an ACM the GT16 has to offer something better and I'm not seeing it (yet).

3 hours ago, abinder3 said:

@noisycarlos and @Marty Backe;  have either one of you had a chance to put together a video from our ride.  I think it would be nice to see. 

(I'm looking forward to going on this ride again someday.)

Allen

I have some good footage and it's in my work queue. So soon...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived