Any changes on Login/ cookie handling?

11 minutes ago, OliverH said:

Since yesterday I need to login every time when session cookie is over or PC/ ipad is reactivated from sleep.

I've enabled SSL logins on Feb 2 and a minor version update on Feb 28. I don't notice any cookie problem though. Anybody else have this problem?

1 hour ago, John Eucist said:

I've enabled SSL logins on Feb 2 and a minor version update on Feb 28. I don't notice any cookie problem though. Anybody else have this problem?

I've noticed zero changes on multiple PC's - all's good here. Using Chrome on various flavors of Windows.

Stiil having the problem. There're three cokkies which have a short lifetime:

ips4_ipsSessionFront valid: end of session

ips4_ipsTimezone valid: end of session

ips4_has JS valid: 24h from last logon

Maybe it's the last one. When each device is not logged in in 24h again you need to login again on this device. My first impression was the last connected device keeps the automatic login - which is not true.

/edit: Played arround with the cookies. Deleting ips4_ipsSessionFront is the one causes the relogin (signin)

3 minutes ago, OliverH said:

Stiil having the problem. There're three cokkies which have a short lifetime:

ips4_ipsSessionFront valid: end of session

ips4_ipsTimezone valid: end of session

ips4_has JS valid: 24h from last logon

Maybe it's the last one. When each device is not logged in in 24h again you need to login again on this device. My first impression was the last connected device keeps the automatic login - which is not true.

When did this problem start for you? Maybe someone more savvy about these things like @esaj can figure this out for you?

9 minutes ago, John Eucist said:

When did this problem start for you? Maybe someone more savvy like @esaj can figure this out for you?

Not sure about. But definitely since 2-3 days. I'm using the forum on 3 devices:

MacBook with Firefox (Option: keep cookies until Firefox is closed)

iPad with Safari

iPhone with Safari

On the iOS devices no Hotfix/ update to the OS / Webkit was installed by me. I would say it worked fine for me after you did the https protected login. Maybe it's only the problem that I'm not as heavy in the forum as some time ago so I'm faced with the session cookie right now. Maybe @Marty Backe is at least inside the session lifetime up with his devices or shares the cookies between the devices?

3 minutes ago, OliverH said:

Not sure about. But definitely since 2-3 days.

I have not modified anything since Feb 28 so that is strange. Let's see if anyone else has (or doesn't have) the same issue. Hope others can chime in on this issue.

1 hour ago, OliverH said:

<snip>
Maybe @Marty Backe is at least inside the session lifetime up with his devices or shares the cookies between the devices?

One PC goes 2-3 days between uses with this forum. No problems, and I don't remember the last time I was forced to log in. From what I know Google's Chrome does not sync cookies across devices. I only use Chrome.

Not sure if this is related somehow, but after switching the forum to encrypted logins back in Feb 2, the previous "stored passwords" you have in your browser won't work for the encrypted one and you have to "store it again" for the new "https" url one.

I have this on my devices since some time around every 2 weeks, but I have not found anything reproducable to drill down on the root cause. At some point I have to log in again on whatever device. Its not that problematic to do, its just strange that it happens.

I use the forum on 3 systems as well,

windows 7 with FF,

windows 8.1 with FF and

android nougat with FF

Archived