ACM trolley (on the budget)...

yourtoys7

The main reason I didn't wanna spend money on original is the way it connects at the bottom (ugly). Gotway didn't spend much time make nice trolley :(

I got $8.67  http://www.ebay.ca/itm/281916171369?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT drilled a little hole and zip tie and its all black. Very happy with results.

IMG_0423.JPG

13 minutes ago, yourtoys7 said:

The main reason I didn't wanna spend money on original is the way it connects at the bottom (ugly). Gotway didn't spend much time make nice trolley :(

I got $8.67  http://www.ebay.ca/itm/281916171369?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT drilled a little hole and zip tie and its all black. Very happy with results.

That's great. Thanks for posting the picture and link. I'm still on the fence about adding a handle (concerned what will have when the wheel falls, which happens when I ride trails), but I'm tempted to experiment. Can't beat that price. I assume you're happy with the sturdiness of this particular handle?

Excellent for the $. and very clean at the back + all black makes it much nicer.  When I walk into any store I dont wanna carry this thing, trolley totally made it more convenient to take it almost any where.. Yes it is sturdy...

If you ever have a chance to post a couple more pictures I would be interested to see a close up of the connection at the bottom, and a picture from the opposition direction so we can see how the connection is made to the ACM handle. Thanks in advance.

Nicely done! It's still exposed in crashes, but at least the shell won't be damaged then by ripped out screws. All you need in worst case are a knife and a few cable ties.  And much cheaper than the overpriced GW original.

I would also be interested in more pictures of the details (especially connections);)

Still not 100% happy with this handle, but carrying the ACM really stops being fun very soon so eventually a handle is necessary. I have a few ideas how for alternatives:

• a KingSong style diagonal handle (like KS16 e.g). So it is attached (if possible with glue only) on two opposite indentations of the ACM - plenty of surface area there that is not exposed in crashes. You'd have to build it yourself from two telescoping rods and a handle part in between, best curved so it follows the shape across the top of the wheel and does not stick out.
  • a Inmotion V5 style curve that follows the shape of the ACM top lengthwise and can be flipped up. Just like the Inmotion V5. Might be a little fragile for such a heavy wheel. Also, how to attach? (edited, wrote Ninebot instead of V5 originally)
  • Ideal (imho) would be something that is purely attached to the ACM's top "handle" and basically sits on top of the wheel. Maybe even removable. Not sure how to build that mechanically. I'd like to combine that with some kind of small elongated custom bag on top of the ACM (think something you could put a water bottle into and some smaller stuff like wallet, charger - nothing too big) that also holds additional better front and back lights. A hard foam part that fits on top of the wheel (like the KS18 seat) bight be a good base for that.

The only place I drilled was at the bottom, on top I'm still deciding what can be done. Gonna take a trip to Home Depot, time to get creative ;)

IMG_0432.JPG

IMG_0430.JPG

Im gonna look at Home Depot what else I can use, I dont want to drill through.

IMG_0428.JPG

1 hour ago, yourtoys7 said:

The only place I drilled was at the bottom, on top I'm still deciding what can be done. Gonna take a drip to Home Depot, time to get creative ;)

IMG_0432.JPG

IMG_0430.JPG

Im gonna look at Home Depot what else I can use, I dont want to drill through.

IMG_0428.JPG

Perfect. Thanks for the additional pictures. I'm going to order one of those.

Little modification to original setup, Hide the ends under hand, wrap around metal as it hold more firm/ sturdier and I think looks little cleaner.

Over all, very satisfied specially for the price. Now I can take it literally anywhere :))

IMG_0435.JPG

IMG_0437.JPG

• 1 month later...
On 3/14/2017 at 1:58 AM, meepmeepmayer said:

• Ideal (imho) would be something that is purely attached to the ACM's top "handle" and basically sits on top of the wheel. Maybe even removable. Not sure how to build that mechanically. 

I was thinking the same! Found this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Airwheel-Telescopic-Handle-Black-Electric-vehicles-accessories-/352029995631?_trksid=p2385738.m2548.l4275

What do you guys think? I like how you can put it on and take it off easy with no modification.

I really like yourtoy7's mod, though, looks nice and comfortable

8 minutes ago, FULspeed said:

No, I don’t like having that rigid handle at that level while I run on the wheel, if I fall where it could hit? :shock2:

I was kinda thinking that too.  It would be nice if it could be put on a hinge or something so that it could be folded down close to the wheel's handle or body.

23 minutes ago, Alexrbtk said:

Yeah, I know right? Could it maybe inspire some diy version though?

Seems like a simple enough idea.  Even a couple of cheap hose clamps in plastic tubing - which is pretty much what those attachment pieces look like -- two or three short pieces of PVC pipe and a few end caps could do something similar, probably for less than ten dollars USD.  It would weigh almost nothing and you could paint it, and would cost almost nothing to replace if it got cracked.

On 5/23/2017 at 0:18 AM, FULspeed said:

No, I don’t like having that rigid handle at that level while I run on the wheel, if I fall where it could hit? :shock2:

Looks like this little round black bit at the bottom is there to quickly remove the pole. Also looks like the whole thing can be very easily detached by hand.

Anyway guys, I ordered it, I have the acm, so I don't know how well it'll fit. I will let you know and post some pics maybe.

By the way, I found it a bit cheaper here

https://www.waveinn.com/nautical-fishing/airwheel-telescopic-handle/135931417/p?utm_source=google_products&utm_medium=merchant&id_producte=2366317&country=uk&gclid=CjwKEAjw3pTJBRChgZ3e7s_YhAkSJAASG9VrL5q9CjbplvBl7dypg9IGXZXLULXmwiNzIqg-Dv5ZFxoCpM7w_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds 

Archived