Agression attempt while riding ?

Pingouin

28 minutes ago, Pingouin said:

Hi,

I personaly don't see the device as designed to bring pain, suffering and death, it's the people, sick people who do that, there are much more murders done with knives than with guns, and before humanity had guns, they still killed each other, and we are protected by people with guns, not just people with words (sad reality)[/quote]

Me either.  Who besides crooks wants to use a gun to bring pain.  A gun is a defensive weapon unless you're a criminal. It's there to prevent pain, suffering, and death coming to innocent people.

Anyone read about the types of violence in societies with no guns?  In China there is a thing with people running into elementary schools and daycare centers with knives and slashing away at kids.  England and Scotland have an epidemic of knife violence, at least according to their politicians and the BBC and the stats I've seen there and elsewhere. In Rwanda, millions were killed in what was it, a month? mostly with clubs and random improvised things like rocks and broomsticks and any sharp object. People are violent, period.  Whether they never had guns or you take away guns, they're still violent.  Whether the police count the crimes or not, they're still violent.  There will always be violence commensurate to the level of aggression and sickness in society.

28 minutes ago, Pingouin said:

A thing with this picture that is funny, is that I would rather have that pistol as a conceal carry than flashy on the side of the inmotion, because if a guy makes you fall, the gun is pretty much useless :D[/quote]

Looks pretty ridiculous to me, and I have trouble believing it's not just a joke.  I laughed though. 

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, Dingfelder said:

A gun is a defensive weapon unless you're a criminal. 

Or enraged, insane, intoxicated, or despondent.

Believe what you wish about guns, I support your right to do so. But to truly think only "criminals" use guns in a non-defensive manner is frankly delusional and ignores the stark reality of many, many deaths due to people with firearms every year. 

9 minutes ago, who_the said:

Or enraged, insane, intoxicated, or despondent.

Believe what you wish about guns, I support your right to do so. But to truly think only "criminals" use guns in a non-defensive manner is frankly delusional and ignores the stark reality of many, many deaths due to people with firearms every year. 

People die of all kinds of things every year.  I don't hold myself responsible for them any more than I would expect them to hold themselves responsible for me.

And if they want to kill or harm you, they're going to do it with or without guns.  They always have.  They do it every day.  Unless we make massive changes through genetic engineering, they always will.

The "despondent" part is reaching even further than usual in the typical anti-gun/violence doesn't really exist arguments, IMO. It takes a lot more than despondence to make someone pick up a gun and use it offensively. The world is full of despondent people.  Only the tiniest percentage every pick up a gun, and if they do, they're likely to use it on themselves rather than you or me.

Anyway, this subject is almost always argued through emotion, assumption, and abysmally bad statistics, so nobody ever gets their minds changed about anything.  Probably all the gun talk here is about as useful as arguing over who has the best religion or political affiliation.  It's not likely to do much but stink up the place for all concerned.  So I'm bowing out of the subject in favor of the health of the forum.

Hand guns are designed to propel bullets into human flesh.  This causes pain, suffering and death.  That is their only purpose.  They do not have other uses such as cutting bread, hammering in nails and cleaning paint off wood.  Their only purpose is to harm living beings, by design.  Seeing Americans riding unicycles with guns strapped to them, while not surprising at all, is worrisome.  I can't believe someone smart enough to own and ride an EUC would think that's a good idea.  At least concealed carry makes some sense, but riding with it on the side of the unicycle?  It scares me that people who think that way can so easily get access to such weapons.  I'm having a hard time believing it's not just a joke or an attempt to show off.  If it's a joke I will be relieved and have a good laugh about it all.  

Weapons of various sorts are the natural response when trust is low in the area where you live. Even though most gunshot deaths are actually family members most people who buy guns think they're defending against people who don't look like them, act like them, or think like them.

It's total nonsense of course since it's usually poor black people shooting other poor black people, and white people shooting other family members who irritate them. Occasionally you'll have a cop shoot either as they are equal opportunity; cops in the USA are somewhat quick on the draw. Gun deaths in the USA are astoundingly high but I hear Paris did her best to catch up.

Civilized behavior is the unnatural state; for most of human history people are wildly hostile to people who don't share the same culture. Even within young living memory we have witnessed genocide on an epic scale (Rwanda and Eastern Europe, and perhaps now in the Middle East).

I think we'll see England start to embrace the whole gun culture thing; nothing starts live target practice faster than the Queen's loyal subjects being next to the Queen's ex-loyal subjects.

Also, have you ever fired a gun? Guns are fun; they make a big bang when you pet them right. Better yet, take a girl out shooting as even the most liberal anti-gun girl gets extremely horny when introduced to various calibres of the 9mm variety. Don't bother showing them rifles; that goes from the phallic to the absurd.

Stone-age cultures have over 40% of the males die through homicide with other males. Detroit's death rate through murder is like 1/50th of that.

On 5/3/2017 at 10:35 AM, Pingouin said:

A thing with this picture that is funny, is that I would rather have that pistol as a conceal carry than flashy on the side of the inmotion, because if a guy makes you fall, the gun is pretty much useless :D

The other day, I was riding along, there was a truck parked on my right side, when I passed next to it, the guy inside sreamed to try to make me fall, another stupid move...I wonder what would have happened if I really had fallen...did he think he would go away with it ? I would have called the police on him, with a dozens of witnesses...that is what makes me sad, some peoples mentality.

The gun mounted on the side of my V5F+ was just a joke. I do have my CCW and carry the gun when riding in areas I am not familiar with but I would never ride around with it attached to the side of my wheel. Hate to get it dirty!:laughbounce2:

40 minutes ago, LanghamP said:

Also, have you ever fired a gun? Guns are fun; they make a big bang when you pet them right. Better yet, take a girl out shooting as even the most liberal anti-gun girl gets extremely horny when introduced to various calibres of the 9mm variety. Don't bother showing them rifles; that goes from the phallic to the absurd.

Guns being fun is a very North American culture.  Big bangs, hearing damage and destroying objects is not my idea of fun.  I think people who believe so, believe it because they have been socially conditioned through film and television to think that way.  Gun violence is glamourized in the entertainment industry and small boys grow up thinking guns are cool, without ever really asking themselves why they think these tools of death are cool.  Outside of this North American bubble most people are not interested in firing guns.  Neither my current partner, nor any of my ex girlfriends were at all turned on by guns.  On the contrary they all hated them.  The only girls I know who think guns are fun or sexy are a small minority of girls I have met in North America.  And again it's because they are exposed to all the films and TV shows that glamourize guns and violence.  They see guns as something that tough, handsome, confident action heroes use to save the day.  It's really nothing more than violence, pain and death.  When you boil it down to that reality there's nothing fun or cool or sexy about violence and death.  The gun culture in the USA is becoming a serious problem and the rest of the world are looking at the USA with a nervous curiosity.  It's just terribly sad that some of the members of our species are pushing forward with space exploration, medicine and technology while others are stuck in caveman mode playing with bombs and guns, holding the rest of society back from a peaceful existence.

14 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

The gun mounted on the side of my V5F+ was just a joke. I do have my CCW and carry the gun when riding in areas I am not familiar with but I would never ride around with it attached to the side of my wheel. Hate to get it dirty!:laughbounce2:

Phew!

8 minutes ago, RooMiniPro said:

It's just terribly sad that some of the members of our species are pushing forward with space exploration, medicine and technology while others are stuck in caveman mode playing with bombs and guns, holding the rest of society back from a peaceful existence.

I would be one of the first to give up my gun if gang members, thieves, drug dealers and the criminally insane would do the same. I do follow the law, participate in remedial gun safety classes, practice gun safety and shoot regularly at my gun range. Unfortunately not every gun owner follows this paradigm.

I agree with @RooMiniPro, but, it is one good way to get people to  join the Army.  Along with not being able to find a decent job.  I like that most countries have a one or two year mandatory stint in their military, I wish it was that way in the United States.

Hollywood has brainwashed America.  The movies are fun to watch, but they are not real.

All of this are really upsetting. I'm ok with have to protect the expensive pice of tech from the thieves because they are a lot of people who needs money but there are something wrong in that place when you suffering that harassing for nothing. Looks like that people identify you as a week objetive for some reason, don't let them think that. 

Some studies try to explain the discrimination mechanism acting in this case and they concluded that you body language is important, if you looks like martial art fighter probably nobody want to fight you. Take some free lesson from internet of how use your body language. For example putting your hands together in front tells you are concerned about the persons around, putting in back tell others about you are not concerned them. In the other side, putting you in a strange device like uniwheel or skate what you don't are comfortable with it makes you look like an easy target because your apparent disability.

Hope that helps you in the future

Archived