Too Many Wheels!

As a casual, though constant, recreational rider I find that 30 miles on a charge would always meet my needs.  Unless I went camping for the weekend with no opportunity to recharge overnight. 

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, swvision said:
5 hours ago, abinder3 said:

Jeff,

How much does your 2040ACM weigh ?

57 Liver Bounders (Lbs) pounds

Allen

I think so too jeff. The ACM is the best wheel ever made in my personal opinion but it could use more range and power. I checked on what you said in Griffith Park about the batteries being 2900mah panasonics in our wheels. If they just changed the batteries to the 3400mah- 3500mah panasonics then we would have a lot more range, or perhaps even the 2170 that teslas coming out with.

Speculation"Tesla's new 2170 battery cells reported to have 5175 mAh capacity - an increase of 52% from the current 3400 mAh of the 18650 cell. "

I think you have me confused with someone else about Griffith Park.I said nothing about battery mah that day.

I like having the choices but I think you're asking people who spends hours thinking about these things. One thing for me is $1500 is a real price point to me. The ks18 with 840 @$1450 is something I've been keeping my eye on for my next wheel, but the 1680wh@$1850 is so close to $2k it scares me.

The real problem is is hard for customers to differentiate between gotway and king song.  I'm happy but surprised you're offering gotway; your reasoning before was they are too dangerous so I'm surprised to see you offer them right as the msuper and the monster both started having some super scary wiring issues.

21 hours ago, steve454 said:

So, the 18650 is 18 millimeters wide by 65 millimeters long, does that mean the 2170 Tesla battery cell is 21 millimeters wide by 70 millimeters long?  That is a significantly larger battery cell.  Maybe that is the wave of the future, larger cells but fewer cell to make a battery pack with more power.  

Cool new avatar, I wish I could put that as my screensaver:thumbup:

It's a kinetic wind sculptures. 

20 minutes ago, steve454 said:

Cool video, I've never seen those before.

I agree! My wife just watched the video and wants a replica! Maybe if I buy one for her I can escape the dog house treatment when she learns about my new ACM:P

3 hours ago, codersarepeople said:

The real problem is is hard for customers to differentiate between gotway and king song.  I'm happy but surprised you're offering gotway; your reasoning before was they are too dangerous so I'm surprised to see you offer them right as the msuper and the monster both started having some super scary wiring issues.

I think Gotway has ironed out the disconnection issues with their new crimped and soldered connectors.  With larger orders I bet Gotway would accept doing some customization depending on the size of the order.  Say if Jason wanted some special connector that's foolproof and up to UL/CSA standards along with diode protection at the charge port, they might do it for him if he orders enough units.  As one of the major players in the US with a good rep, I bet Gotway would love to do business with him.  And likewise, judging by all the Gotway love regardless of some failures, for an EUC dealer I bet it's difficult to resist the cutting edge specifications when customers are wanting to have the latest and greatest.

That kinetic sculpture is pure beauty!  It reminds me of those Strandbeests that walk across beaches.  It's optically mesmerizing... :popcorn: :blink: .. although I'd hate to see a bird fly through the middle and end up as minced meat!  :barf:

46 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

I think Gotway has ironed out the disconnection issues with their new crimped and soldered connectors.  With larger orders I bet Gotway would accept doing some customization depending on the size of the order.  Say if Jason wanted some special connector that's foolproof and up to UL/CSA standards along with diode protection at the charge port, they might do it for him if he orders enough units.  As one of the major players in the US with a good rep, I bet Gotway would love to do business with him.  And likewise, judging by all the Gotway love regardless of some failures, for an EUC dealer I bet it's difficult to resist the cutting edge specifications when customers are wanting to have the latest and greatest.

That kinetic sculpture is pure beauty!  It reminds me of those Strandbeests that walk across beaches.  It's optically mesmerizing... :popcorn: :blink: .. although I'd hate to see a bird fly through the middle and end up as minced meat!  :barf:

I love those strandbeests, and remember when you posted that video!  It was awesome!  You had a replica  that I wish I had gotten.

4 hours ago, codersarepeople said:

The ks18 with 840 @$1450 is something I've been keeping my eye on for my next wheel, but the 1680wh@$1850 is so close to $2k it scares me.

It seems the price is going up astronomically:unsure:

On 3/10/2017 at 2:18 PM, LanghamP said:

Are there any plans to bring lower-end wheels like the IPS line? The Lhotz with its wide wheel was my first choice.

At $550 shipped and $800-$900 shipped respectively, the IPS 121 and 191 (Lhotz) are some of the best wheel values out there.

On 3/10/2017 at 2:48 PM, Planetpapi said:

Double wheel design should go away in my opinion,

I agree, it might seem appealing to beginners, but I think most people who buy a double-wheel EUC will eventually switch to single wheel.

3 hours ago, steve454 said:

That must be his flagship creation, at over 400 thousand dollars.  I would buy it if I was rich enough.  It's fantastic!

Oh ya....it's fantastic! I just bought one for my wife! Wait!! ....Stupid me!!.. $400k bribe to keep me out of the dog house over a $1700 wheel!  :facepalm:

4 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Well, I think EUC's have the same effect on people when they see it for the first time. Its like something that they'd never thought of happening right in front of their eyes; and their mind imprints that experience. An art's shock and awe is the driving force of future inspirations.

13 hours ago, dpong said:

Jason has placed the KingSong KS16 (800 Watt) on sale at his site!  A significant price improvement!

Wish, has been granted :) Making way for the KS16S, though only a couple left, there needs to be sufficient price difference of the current 800W to make them attractive.

17 hours ago, codersarepeople said:

your reasoning before was they are too dangerous so I'm surprised to see you offer them right as the msuper and the monster both started having some super scary wiring issues.

I think what convinced me was the numbers GW have sold, according to internal sources: "sold about 10,000pcs ACM, 8,000pcs Msuper V3 and about 1,000pcs Monster",  by any standard, these are some mightily impressive sales numbers that place GW quite high in the volume pecking order. The logic goes something along the lines of, 'if there are design defects, then surely these 10,000 early adopters would have found them out by now' 

2 hours ago, Jason McNeil said:

Wish, has been granted :) Making way for the KS16S, though only a couple left, there needs to be sufficient price difference of the current 800W to make them attractive.

I think what convinced me was the numbers GW have sold, according to internal sources: "sold about 10,000pcs ACM, 8,000pcs Msuper V3 and about 1,000pcs Monster",  by any standard, these are some mightily impressive sales numbers that place GW quite high in the volume pecking order. The logic goes something along the lines of, 'if there are design defects, then surely these 10,000 early adopters would have found them out by now' 

Very cool to read about the sales numbers. Those are impressive numbers. Based on the rare sightings in the United States, we must represent 5% of the market :(

20 hours ago, codersarepeople said:

I like having the choices but I think you're asking people who spends hours thinking about these things. One thing for me is $1500 is a real price point to me. The ks18 with 840 @$1450 is something I've been keeping my eye on for my next wheel, but the 1680wh@$1850 is so close to $2k it scares me.

europe price for a KS18 1680wh newest version is around 2400 Dollars.....Jason's. prices are great....

Hello moderator ! My first post ... no need to approve... you can delete it ..only want to say to you that an advertisement followed by a questions is always an advertisement. So this thread is in the wrong section. I understand that ewheels is a senior member that always said ... no gotway, so he now need max visibility to his change ..but ....

40 minutes ago, lespetit said:

Hello moderator ! My first post ... no need to approve... you can delete it ..only want to say to you that an advertisement followed by a questions is always an advertisement. So this thread is in the wrong section. I understand that ewheels is a senior member that always said ... no gotway, so he now need max visibility to his change ..but ....

Fair enough, moving to ads... but even you must admit, Jason works much harder for his visibility and marketing than most sellers, and majority of his posted content isn't about selling wheels, but the wheels in general, giving help to people (many of whom aren't even his customers) etc. Considering how much praise his shops get, he must be doing something right ;) Just hope he won't burn himself out... 

6 minutes ago, esaj said:

Fair enough, moving to ads... but even you must admit, Jason works much harder for his visibility and marketing than most sellers, and majority of his posted content isn't about selling wheels, but the wheels in general, giving help to people (many of whom aren't even his customers) etc. Considering how much praise his shops get, he must be doing something right ;) Just hope he won't burn himself out... 

One negative comment doesn't automatically justify banishing this thread to the advertisement group. Since I don't visit the advertisement section for wheels I would have missed this very interesting thread. My two cents worth.

Archived