Getting to Know My ACM 1600

Rehab1

2 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

@Rehab1, this is the Gotway app that I use for all my wheels. Works great in terms of the problems that you have been having. https://www.dropbox.com/s/mtnl29hnlrngdv9/Android161124-24Nov2016.apk?dl=0

Thanks Marty! I appreciate your efforts!

I downloaded the program you suggested and the tilt back max is only 25 km/h. The second app shoots up to 36km/h and the IPhone app wins out at 48 km/h. This feels like an auction..."do I hear 60 km/h?"

Here are 3 screen shots depicting each app:

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

OK...this is getting frustrating!! When connecting to my ACM 1600 using an LG Android the settings now appear to remain in memory after shut down  but now the highest setting for the tilt back alarm is only 36km/h where on the Iphone the tilt back is 48km/h. I do not want any surprise tilt back warnings popping up at some undetermined speed the software picks at random! UGH! Right now I love my Inmotion more than ever!

I use my gotway app on android that has the same max tilt back speed as on your iphone, if you need it :) (48km/h)

Screenshot_20170310-212853.jpg

1 hour ago, Rehab1 said:

Thanks Marty! I appreciate your efforts!

I downloaded the program you suggested and the tilt back max is only 25 km/h. The second app shoots up to 36km/h and the IPhone app wins out at 48 km/h. This feels like an auction..."do I hear 60 km/h?"

Here are 3 screen shots depicting each app:

Sorry that you're having all these problems. It occurs to me that I may have the same issue with tilt-back (I don't have access to check right now). But if I do it's not an issue because I turn tilt-back off on all of my wheels, for safety reasons.

1 hour ago, Pingouin said:

use my gotway app on android that has the same max tilt back speed as on your iphone, if you need it :) (48km/h

Thank you but after experiencing these software/ app issues I am going to turn off the tilt back warning like @Marty Backe suggested. 

Just ignore the Gotway apps! Try the ride modes and make sure it's off otherwise. Wheellog!

I'm specifically not using the GW apps in fear of doing something like 25 km/h tiltback that can't be (easily) undone (just like Marty said, fat fingers + shitty no/wrong feedback app = hands off!) 

On 3/7/2017 at 1:30 PM, Rehab1 said:

To late! I was riding a few minutes ago and kept hearing this strange metal clanging sound. I investigated a found both pedals have a crap load of play in them. Being an ex- pilot I hate any type of play in metal bushings! Anyone else have this issue or is this a Gotway quirk I just need to accept?

Yes,  my Gotway ACM and Msuper V3 both have some play in the pedals. The V8 pedals are much stiffer going up and down and may seem more solid. The positiv is that they have a magnet for containment in the up position and allows you to flip the pedals up or down easily.  The play does not affect during the ride at all in my opinion.  The ACM and V8 are two of my favorite wheels.  I probably should get rid of one, but can't seem to part with either.

For what it's worth, my MSuper2 has play in the pedals, but they are nice large rectangles, once my weight is on them they don't slip around much in transit. They are big enough I can wear boots comfortably. They look to be the same shape as your pedals.

If you are having front-back play and slippage, you might get a little less play by tightening the grub screw that runs in the pivot point of your pedal (if they are like mine)

Good luck!

7 hours ago, Sketch said:

I probably should get rid of one, but can't seem to part with either.

Relief! You have just become my new friend!:)

6 hours ago, Villac said:

If you are having front-back play and slippage, you might get a little less play by tightening the grub screw that runs in the pivot point of your pedal (if they are like mine)

Yes I did that maintenance check and found the grub screws to be a bit loose. It did reduce some of the play. Most of the sloop is coming from the oversized hole drilled for the pedal support rod. Oh well. I just need to ride and acknowledge that 'permissible tolerances' amongst EUC manufacturers has numerous interpretations.

Do you have a thin strip of nylon?  Maybe think of something to use as a shim that you can insert alongside the support pin to help reduce movement?  How much room is there beside the pin?  These Gotways are like a do it yourself home project where you have to solder, heatshrink, add mudflaps, and possibly insert shims!

10 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Do you have a thin strip of nylon?  Maybe think of something to use as a shim that you can insert alongside the support pin to help reduce movement?  How much room is there beside the pin?  These Gotways are like a do it yourself home project where you have to solder, heatshrink, add mudflaps, and possibly insert shims!

That is a good idea but after tightening the pedal rod grub nuts, a little weld here and there:P and the reduced end play can now be categorized as suboptimal vs complete BS!

On 3/13/2017 at 6:56 AM, Rehab1 said:

Relief! You have just become my new friend!:)

Yes I did that maintenance check and found the grub screws to be a bit loose. It did reduce some of the play. Most of the sloop is coming from the oversized hole drilled for the pedal support rod. Oh well. I just need to ride and acknowledge that 'permissible tolerances' amongst EUC manufacturers has numerous interpretations.

:) Maybe you are an engineer, or at least an engineer at heart!

I envision a teflon sleeve or bushing that would solve your problem... or maybe masking tape around the rod! I like things snug and solid too, but sometimes a little loosey goosey absorbs a little impact! good luck and enjoy.

On 3/13/2017 at 6:54 PM, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Home Depot has nylon washers that are great to solve the "pedal slop problem".Worked great on the ACM2040.

Archived