Gotway ACM 1300 Help

So I just received my ACM 1300 in the mail and it came with the battery disconnected. I was wondering if any other ACM owners would kindly post a picture here on where these connectors should plug into. On the other side of the ACM, I had no issue finding the matching connection and plugged them in. 

2017-03-01 17.27.59.jpg

I have contacted the seller and linked to this thread for him to see. I'll post once I heard back. 

2017-03-01 18.47.07.jpg

That explains why the cable was tucked away and I couldn't find it initially. 

I purchased mine off eBay. It's probably a one off issue but quality is definably poor. I didn't even mention that there were some scuffs right out from the box. 

14 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

This is a bit concerning! Hopefully your wiring issue will be resolved soon! Wonder if @Marty Backe has any ideas.  Where did you purchase your ACM from?  My ACM 1600 arrives tomorrow from China so if I have any major issues it would be a huge logistical problem to ship it back. Keep us posted!

It is indeed disconcerting. Stories like this keep me buying my wheels from the established dealers. Maybe when they are directly shipped from China they disconnect the batteries for safety reasons. I hear that some places ship the wheels with no batteries installed - that you have to install them separately. In any case, the wiring harness isn't very complicated so I would think it should be easy to determine where the connections go. Search the EUC Guy videos - he has a complete ACM tear down video.

4 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I hear that some places ship the wheels with no batteries installed - that you have to install them separately.

Yep - confirming that my purchase came with the battery uninstalled. I did find the wiring harness after a closer inspection of Pingouins picture that he kindly posted. Unfortunately it's burnt and connectors are melted. I'm in contact with the seller now and hope to have this resolved amicably

9 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Here's one video:

Thanks Marty! I may need it as well. 

4 minutes ago, Han said:

I'm in contact with the seller now and hope to have this resolved amicably

Best wishes! Does the seller have a high percentage, high volume rating?

14 minutes ago, Han said:

Yep - confirming that my purchase came with the battery uninstalled. I did find the wiring harness after a closer inspection of Pingouins picture that he kindly posted. Unfortunately it's burnt and connectors are melted. I'm in contact with the seller now and hope to have this resolved amicably

Burnt & melted connectors does not bode well. Probably the last thing that you want to hear, but unless you paid $300 for that wheel I would return it for a full refund. Whatever happened to that wheel, it's been through some abuse and undue stress. Sorry to hear that.

Here's a video by Gotway how the ACM is assembled from scratch. It's not the 84V version though so be careful.

But send it back if you can! Unacceptable!

Consider the possibility it wasn't the seller, but some shitty customs agent/transport worker or someone else along the shipping route.

17 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Here's a video by Gotway how the ACM is assembled from scratch. It's not the 84V version though so be careful.

But send it back if you can! Unacceptable!

Consider the possibility it wasn't the seller, but some shitty customs agent/transport worker or someone else along the shipping route.

Wow, that's a great video. Somehow I never saw this before.

2 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Wow, that's a great video. Somehow I never saw this before.

Don't know if this is a training video, but at 25:50 you can see the technician forget to install a board on the main control PCB.  He also forgets to remove the paper from the double-sided tape before installing the cover.  Both caught by 2 other people.  Probably not a big deal, but I can see how mistakes in assembly can occur.  Hopefully they have added enough QA to prevent further catastrophic failures to reach their customers.

If you bought from ebay, you have some kind of buyer protection right? Use it if the seller won't react fast and properly.

14 hours ago, Clovis said:

Don't know if this is a training video, but at 25:50 you can see the technician forget to install a board on the main control PCB.  He also forgets to remove the paper from the double-sided tape before installing the cover.  Both caught by 2 other people.  Probably not a big deal, but I can see how mistakes in assembly can occur.  Hopefully they have added enough QA to prevent further catastrophic failures to reach their customers.

I think that's just some Gotway person making a quick phone video to show off to customers. Not sure, I would not understand anything they say.

And yep, the entire process is very Gotway - messy workplace, errors (that got corrected though), doing stuff with fingernails etc. If I didn't know the wheels themselves are really good and unproblematic, I'd hesitate to buy from them looking at that video.

5 minutes ago, SuperSport said:

It almost sounds like you bought a used or damaged wheel, and the seller was aware of it. Unless he drop shipped it from China, but it doesn't really seem that way.

It was sold as a brand new item and the impression I got was it was coming directly from the factory. The part I am unsure is if the battery is already disconnect at the factory or if the seller had to do it himself. If the latter, he would have been aware of it. Either way, I'm still waiting on his response. 

22 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

If you bought from ebay, you have some kind of buyer protection right?

Yep, I've already initiated the request and he has 3 days to respond.  

On 2.3.2017 at 8:45 PM, Han said:

It was sold as a brand new item and the impression I got was it was coming directly from the factory. The part I am unsure is if the battery is already disconnect at the factory or if the seller had to do it himself. If the latter, he would have been aware of it. Either way, I'm still waiting on his response. 

you should name the seller here....

Things like this ruin the reputation from all Chinese seller. And as there are some good ones -Green Fashioning-Rockwheel Store- the bad ones may also be mentioned!

definitly something worse with your wheel! Burned connector can come from shortening or 2 batterie packs with different voltage...both is bad for the pack and its questionable if the batterie now still is ok....

Archived