This is a great video. Great coverage of pros and cons. Thank you. Drone footage too?! Very cool.

The wheel looks like an absolute beast!

I fear for your life though!! I pray you don't really feel like you need to push the upper limit of the wheel, especially without big-time protection!

Dude if you are going to push that thing over 30mph or even over 25mph wear full body protection. Please, man. We don't want to lose you here. Trust me, as an v3s+ owner, its hard to predict what kind of obstacles will pop up even when you're at expert level. I was recently going over 25+ on my msuper v3s+ and hit a raised part of a concrete sidewalk pavement. In that split second where it needed to hop over the ridge it wasn't able to provide enough torque to make it. After that I've been taking it easy. 

47 minutes ago, swvision said:

Dude if you are going to push that thing over 30mph or even over 25mph wear full body protection. Please, man. We don't want to lose you here. Trust me, as an v3s+ owner, its hard to predict what kind of obstacles will pop up even when you're at expert level. I was recently going over 25+ on my msuper v3s+ and hit a raised part of a concrete sidewalk pavement. In that split second where it needed to hop over the ridge it wasn't able to provide enough torque to make it. After that I've been taking it easy. 

I had a faceplant on my old ACM when I didn't see a section of raised sidewalk :angry:  Fortunately no injuries.

Now when I'm riding my eyes are like the Cylons in Battlestar Galactica - always scanning the path in front of me :ph34r:

10 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I had a faceplant on my old ACM when I didn't see a section of raised sidewalk :angry:  Fortunately no injuries.

Now when I'm riding my eyes are like the Cylons in Battlestar Galactica - always scanning the path in front of me :ph34r:

This exactly how I ride in the streets of Manhattan - Potholes and cracks crazy taxi's every where. I slow down even if the street look uneven!  No headphones no music my eyes are glued to the ground most of the time. I can't describe the feeling but it's an hydrenalin rush being in traffic like that! 

Knock on wood no face plants since the Ninebot days.....

Hey, Tishawn, I encourage you to continue and go forth with your YouTube channel.  Your videos are well made and you have that, umh.. X-factor, or what do you say... Star Power.  You are very watchable.  Keep up the good work!

7 hours ago, Tishawn Fahie said:

Knock on wood no face plants since the Ninebot days.....

Wha Wha  what?  Hold on now, what happened on the Ninebot?  Please, I ride one, what happened?  I agree with @dpong you have some serious video and riding skills.  I've seen the one with the drone on the pier, and you ride very fast everywhere.

I'm just riding a little in the bike trails, and you ride to work.:o

Yes, it's actually a shame how much scanning of the next 2 seconds and then the next 10 seconds of our paths we have to do to stay safe.  I often find myself wheeling through a beautiful part of the world only to have , mostly, seen only the ugly, dirty, dog shit stroon, path I'm riding on.  Oh well, there's always the Ebike I suppose ?

@Tishawn Fahie nice drone shots, how high was that thing?  But at those speeds, its not a matter of IF you come off, but WHEN, and on that day you will be in a world of hurt, my brother.  Please think about some protection. Chicks dig scars, but not this:

9105cbd643.jpeg

42 minutes ago, Smoother said:

Yes, it's actually a shame how much scanning of the next 2 seconds and then the next 10 seconds of our paths we have to do to stay safe.  I often find myself wheeling through a beautiful part of the world only to have , mostly, seen only the ugly, dirty, dog shit stroon, path I'm riding on.  Oh well, there's always the Ebike I suppose ?

@Tishawn Fahie nice drone shots, how high was that thing?  But at those speeds, it not a matter of IF you come off, but WHEN, and on that day you will be in a world of hurt, my brother.  Please think about some protection. Chicks dig scars, but not this:

9105cbd643.jpeg

Please don't tell me that's you @Smoother  My God, what happened???

Lol, hell no!  I'm much prettier than that! (Only joking, I'm old and going grey) no. I snagged this pic off Tinternet. Some poor guy was having a bad day, and judging by that hospital bed in the background, it's more extensive than just his face. No, at the speeds I ride, you'd have to swing a log at my face to get those injuries.  Don't get any ideas!

I just imagine that's what a face might look like after sliding down the road at 30 mph with just a cloth hat for "protection"

3 minutes ago, Smoother said:

Lol, hell no!  I'm much prettier than that! (Only joking, I'm old and going grey) no. I snagged this pic off Tinternet. Some poor guy was having a bad day, and judging by that hospital bed in the background, it's more extensive than just his face. No, at the speeds I ride, you'd have to swing a log at my face to get those injuries.  Don't get any ideas!

I just imagine that's what a face might look like after sliding down the road at 30 mph with just a cloth hat for "protection"

LMAO :D

Hi, great video I've seen several of yours, they are very pleasant to watch !

5 hours ago, Smoother said:

@Tishawn Fahie nice drone shots, how high was that thing?  But at those speeds, its not a matter of IF you come off, but WHEN, and on that day you will be in a world of hurt, my brother.  Please think about some protection. Chicks dig scars, but not this:

9105cbd643.jpeg

I'm thinking about the same thing, each time I see pics like this one, because I never wear any protections.

I thought about something, instead of having an unpleasant helmet, why not a necklace airbag ? It has prooven to be safer than a helmet, and it protects better :)

very, very nice review, but please wear protection gear. I don't know if you every fell from one yet, I did on my mcm 3 at 35km/h. Wasn't fun at all, I walked away with minimal demage... sorta.

IMG_0031.PNG

IMG_0035.JPG

On 3/2/2017 at 7:24 PM, dpong said:

Hey, Tishawn, I encourage you to continue and go forth with your YouTube channel.  Your videos are well made and you have that, umh.. X-factor, or what do you say... Star Power.  You are very watchable.  Keep up the good work!

Thank you for your kind words!! Its you all that inspire me... I've came along way thanks to this very forum. I've gained a lot of knowledge being here. I figured why not give back to the community! 

On 2/28/2017 at 3:28 PM, LorenW said:

This is a great video. Great coverage of pros and cons. Thank you. Drone footage too?! Very cool.

The wheel looks like an absolute beast!

I fear for your life though!! I pray you don't really feel like you need to push the upper limit of the wheel, especially without big-time protection!

Thank you very much! Believe it or not I commute to work on this thing everyday... 30 miles a day. I am wearing a helmet when commuting.. For casual riding i use the wrist guards... As bad as this sounds I hate helmets - I'm not comfortable wearing them - I feel like it limits my head movements when looking around I know it sounds stupid.... I can't really describe it....  

On 3/2/2017 at 8:04 PM, steve454 said:

Wha Wha  what?  Hold on now, what happened on the Ninebot?  Please, I ride one, what happened?  I agree with @dpong you have some serious video and riding skills.  I've seen the one with the drone on the pier, and you ride very fast everywhere.

I'm just riding a little in the bike trails, and you ride to work.:o

No trust me your safe with the Ninebots - Majority of the time it was my fault.... Overleaning then cutout.. Other times it was Ninebot releasing a firmware that pretty much made the wheel unstable for awhile... Then I owned the P... which everyone on here knows at some point it was prone to fail..It was so bad they stop making  them! 

On 3/3/2017 at 1:44 AM, Smoother said:

9105cbd643.jpeg

omg... please tell me your ok.... wow.. this makes me want to wear a helmet everywhere....  Yes it really is a shame that you have to scan and basically ride to stay alive instead of riding to enjoy...

The day I come home with scar or fracture of any kind my wife will probably toss all of my wheels.. maybe including me out the window haha!! 

On 3/7/2017 at 10:52 PM, yourtoys7 said:

very, very nice review, but please wear protection gear. I don't know if you every fell from one yet, I did on my mcm 3 at 35km/h. Wasn't fun at all, I walked away with minimal demage... sorta.

IMG_0031.PNG

IMG_0035.JPG

Dude thanks for the warning... thats looks very bad.. I've fallen plenty of times..back in the day.. I actually have a messed up wrist - got it while learning how to ride backwards.. fell on it.. While i'm fine occasionally it hurts... Trust me when I know i'm riding and is about to push the wheel I am usually protected.... The review I was so excited to test it I ran out the house forgetting  that I need protection..lol

• 3 weeks later...

Have you put protective padding on your wheel? If so how do you get it to stick? I ask because even double-sided gorilla tape seems completely unable to stick to my 1600.

Archived