Kingsong firmware v1.25

Addwyn

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/5/2017 at 3:30 AM, xoltri said:

Anyone have the 20170321_kingsong.apk file any longer?  The link no longer works.

I have it but I'm allowed to upload only 3.1mb and it is 6.xx MB

Try the kingsong group on Facebook 

7 hours ago, EricGhost said:

I have it but I'm allowed to upload only 3.1mb and it is 6.xx MB

Try the kingsong group on Facebook 

Is that upload using email or upload anyway onto the internet ?

(Just wondering because if you can upload it to my Dropbox, I could make a folder there specifically for people to get it.)

Allen

On 15/5/2017 at 6:42 AM, abinder3 said:

Is that upload using email or upload anyway onto the internet ?

(Just wondering because if you can upload it to my Dropbox, I could make a folder there specifically for people to get it.)

Allen

My quota on this site

15 hours ago, abinder3 said:

So you can upload the apk into a dropbox folder if I make one ?

Allen

give me a link I'll do but looks like @xoltri provided the solution. I can only tell that it works better than the previous one with 1.25 Just do not set the limits speed they stay the old ones in the firmware even if you see 20 20 .... in the app

There is a bug I go to the speed setting  change values but not confirm and then kill & restart the app, after a one or two restarts my old settings appear again

• 3 weeks later...

Update for what - 

Firmware? - version V1.25 is stable, no major issues reported  

Software? - afaik KS works on the new version of software but it is still much to early to use it...   current version is OK, also You can use Wheellog which is much better on the daily basis use (and also support pebble)  

I have lots of bluetooth connectivity issues on 1.25 that were not there on 1.23.  Once it's connected it is fine but it sometimes takes a few tries to connect.

53 minutes ago, Xoltri said:

I have lots of bluetooth connectivity issues on 1.25 that were not there on 1.23.  Once it's connected it is fine but it sometimes takes a few tries to connect.

I know. It's a shame that they didn't offer the new App at the same time.

If I could, I would go back to 1.23.

45 minutes ago, HermanTheGerman said:

I know. It's a shame that they didn't offer the new App at the same time.

If I could, I would go back to 1.23.

I wouldn't, only because it fixed an issue with my wheel where it would not turn off when you hit the button, it would just stop balancing.  After about 10 minutes it would shut off and then it would be fine.  I have to say it was my only (so far) experience with Kingsong troubleshooting and it was a good experience.

3 minutes ago, Xoltri said:

I wouldn't, only because it fixed an issue with my wheel where it would not turn off when you hit the button, it would just stop balancing.  After about 10 minutes it would shut off and then it would be fine.  I have to say it was my only (so far) experience with Kingsong troubleshooting and it was a good experience.

I had no troubles with 1.23, but also not with 1.25 except the now bad bluetooth connection. 

I hope the new App will become available soon.

Hmm. I'm on 1.25 without no problems, lights works as does changing patterns and Bluetooth is fine... But I did have to allow location access etc manually through app settings in android when installing app on new phone. And you have to kill the app and restart it, if the app is on  before the unicycle.  As long as app start after unicycle never had any problems. 

Old (ancient) app works fine without no trouble as a backup solution

Never tried wheel log 

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone else that much Bluetooth disconnects (while audio playback) like me?

I guess the voice of "Bluetooth is disconnected,.....Bluetooth is connected" comes about each 10 minutes or less... :facepalm::furious:

My KS18AY came with FW1.25, not able to connect to wheel log, tried to connect the KS app first, still no luck, anyone can help? Thanks.

Peter

Yes, my wheel log app already had enable the permissions to acces bluetooth and location, it worked well on my KS14 but not the KS18 with FW1.25.

Peter

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone recommend to switch from 1.22 to 1.25?

I've got a KS-16C which had no update since it was bought.

I dont't care about bluetooth issues. What about driving security? Is 1.25 reliable?

Archived