Kingsong firmware v1.25

Addwyn

39 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

I didn't test the KS app on smartwatch....as wheellog is the much better choice on Smartwatches in my opinion.

Sure- wheellog starts on the smartwatch, but... can not initiate communication in 1.25....  it needs KS software to initiate to talk to the wheel

But: After a few test's i gave up on using the 5.1 smartwatch as the General connectivity outside a room, on the watch is much too worse to be useful...(even on my smartwatch).

I do not know that yet - I use BT communication between my phone, smartwatch and headset constantly inside and outside for many years - and I see NO problems with that (this is kind of PAN - personal area network  ;-)    )

If KS "just" changed the Bluetooth protocol to the latest Version, i guess they pretty much can not do much to Change that. The behaviour you are getting is mostlikely depending on the phone Hardware you are using.

Probably yes, I hope that they changed the protocol ON PURPOSE of improvement of some kind. I am not asking to change it back, but to (temporary) remove the "scanner thing" (which does nothing in fact) = this should not be a lot of work...

Perhaps you noticed that there are not So many People complaining about "worse" connectivity...perhaps some of the user might even have a better experience now with their phone with an updated protocol! In my case for example i did not notice any Change at all. Using Iphone 5SE and 6plus....wheellog/9botmetrics/KSapp

Bluetooth, especialy BLE is known to be Buggy and very often depending on Phone Producer implementations, some android Versions have had very big Problems there!

Probably You are right - I can only say this for myself and a few more users that the communication now is more problematic

Don't get me wrong, i now this connectivity issues can suck, i just want to Point out that BT wise perhaps not everyone can have the best experience....

Sure- those issues SUCK sometimes. However please be assured that it can work nice and stable - I confirm that with at least 5 years of daily use (3 years with smartwatch)

(galaxy NOTE 1, 2, 3, 4,  SonyEricsson MW600, SONY MW-1, Galaxy Gear Watch SM-V700 with custom Android 4.2.2 ROM, and many more devices)  

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm using the international variant of galaxy S6 and I have also tried it on Sony Xperia Z1 Compact and it doesn't work properly either. Before there was no problem on several different phones from different manufacturers.

For all Kingsong-wheelers who are looking for an iPhone-app WITH AppleWatch-app: Appstore > „GyroMetrics“ von Francisco Gorina Vanrell

https://appsto.re/de/9HC7ab.i

Quote: „ ... connects to your Ninebot One, Kingsong, Gotway or InMotion and logs wheel information.“

Great work! ... for free.

BTW … tapping twice on your watch, the horn sounds!

IMG_5269.JPG

IMG_4991.JPG

@SeabirdHH

Just if you dont know, The app is well known here :-)

We are talking quiet often with the app inventor about our whishes to get it better....look here:

Before it was called "9bmetrics", but it is abit longer now for all kind of wheels....

That is very fine program, the only problem is that this is for IOS / Iphone / IWatch  - not so popular in some parts of the world and much more expensive than Android devices....

• 2 weeks later...
Hello, after trying the update 1.25 I want to return to 1.23. Someone could tell me how to get back in the Kingsong application.
I uninstall it and reinstall the one I think is 1.23 and I always get the 1.25
I do not know if internet is only available 1.25.
Someone keeps the 1.23? Or do something else to go back?
sorry for my English ....

28 minutes ago, Jope2 said:
Hello, after trying the update 1.25 I want to return to 1.23. Someone could tell me how to get back in the Kingsong application.

To get back to older Firmware Version is NOT possible over the KS app!

There is a way to downgrade to older versions, but it is very difficult to do and i would not advise if you are not IT Champion:

35 minutes ago, Jope2 said:

Can You tell us why You want to downgrade? what is the issue?

2 hours ago, Jope2 said:

Mainly the led lights do not work correctly on my ks16 and the bluetooch connexion goes wrong from time to time ...

So for those 2 subjects:

- for lights color - this is possible to solve - please use the Android KS application V1.6 (beta works good enough for that) - https://www.elektrycznemonocykle.pl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=36&p=1761

- for BT connectivity - Please write to KingSong and complain - I do that on daily basis since the firmware upgrade from V1.23 to V1.25 - as 1.23 was keeping the connection perfectly stable, and 1.25 has problems and require that application on the phone to "ask" the EUC to connect. It must ask each time it disconnects. According to KingSong this new solution V1.25 is supposed to be safer, but details are kind of unknown, and in practical use on V1.25 firmware BT  is much less user friendly now. KS claims that it is not many users reporting problem with BT on firmware V1.25 ... so please write to them directly to their support.

33 minutes ago, Robi Bobi said:

... when phone changes position to horizontal  the app disappears. 

This is the old problem, it disappears because it crashes, when the screen rotates from portrait to landscape or vice versa.

The only way to circumvent that is to lock the phone into portrait mode before you start the KS app, and release the lock after you finish using the app.

Open a case for that at Kingsong, I have done that already months ago, but it looks like more people need to complain.

This is something which should be fixable very fast and easy, as soon as a developer cares about it, it's an annoying problem.

there is btw another fault in v1.25:

if you powerOff the wheel before the app....the complete mileage from the last ride is forgotten.

somehow the complete mileage is not saved...

1 minute ago, jrkline said:

That is true,she told me on Wechat:(

did she say why?

Just now, KingSong69 said:

there is btw another fault in v1.25:

if you powerOff the wheel before the app....the complete mileage from the last ride is forgotten.

somehow the complete mileage is not saved...

did she say why?

No.I asked what she is doing now and she didn't reply.If I find out I will pass it on.

So for those 2 subjects:

- for lights color - this is possible to solve - please use the Android KS application V1.6 (beta works good enough for that) - https://www.elektrycznemonocykle.pl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=36&p=1761

- for BT connectivity - Please write to KingSong and complain - I do that on daily basis since the firmware upgrade from V1.23 to V1.25 - as 1.23 was keeping the connection perfectly stable, and 1.25 has problems and require that application on the phone to "ask" the EUC to connect. It must ask each time it disconnects. According to KingSong this new solution V1.25 is supposed to be safer, but details are kind of unknown, and in practical use on V1.25 firmware BT  is much less user friendly now. KS claims that it is not many users reporting problem with BT on firmware V1.25 ... so please write to them directly to their support.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you
Lights resolved
Theme connectivity, message sent from three emails ...

Upgrade to V1.25 also block easy use of WheelLog - it will connect only after original KS application "ask" EUC to connect...  so KS application must be started, then WheelLog can be started.   I have asked the author of WheelLog to eventually check the communication and upgrade the application, but so far no response - probably busy with other projects / projects which provide income.

On ‎2017‎-‎02‎-‎28 at 11:11 AM, HermanTheGerman said:

There is no new App yet, still 1.4.

But if the mentioned new function should really be used, there MUST be a new App version, maybe it will come in the next days.

However, I uploaded 1.25 because I heard the speed reduction to 25 km/h will now chime in at 30% battery, not at 50%, which sounds good, I'll test that today.

Gurgle donuts , so if someone hack my phone then they can turn off my kingsong while im driving in highspeed  , nice , this was an important update , what I need is to be allowed to use my batteries att full speed down to 20-30 % not 50 % ,   I was wrong , it won't turn off while driving if you press the Onoff button

19 minutes ago, Flash said:

Gurgle donuts , so if someone hack my phone then they can turn off my kingsong while im driving in highspeed  , nice , this was an important update , what I need is to be allowed to use my batteries att full speed down to 20-30 % not 50 % , it was bad already before , the Onoff button should have a lid or clear rubber protection  , if something hit it then it will turn off at high speed

The on-off button can only be used if wheel stands still!!

no chance to use the button when riding at a speed! check that while pushing...no chance!

Batterie speed reduction for KS18 still under 50%! only KS16....speed reduction set down to under 30%...

not for Ks18 and ks14....as these 2 wheels need more power for higher speeds!

16 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

The on-off button can only be used if wheel stands still!!

no chance to use the button when riding at a speed! check that while pushing...no chance!

Batterie speed reduction for KS18 still under 50%! only KS16....speed reduction set down to under 30%...

not for Ks18 and ks14....as these 2 wheels need more power for higher speeds!

I respect the reason or I would disagree , so it is up to me to buy an extra battery  :cheers:  

• 3 weeks later...

I'm using 1.25 now since begin of March, so for 2 months, and I can say now that there is one thing which I do not like that much.

It is no longer possible to ride shortly above maxspeeds of approximately 35 km/h, but it's not the fact by itself which disturbs me - the wheel is fast enough - but it is the way how this is enforced.

With firmware 1.25 somewhere between 33 and 35 km/h such a strong tiltback kicks in, that one nearly falls off if one is not well prepared for that.  I had this now 5 to 10 times in the 2 months, and it is never a good feeling, especially when I'm riding on a public road.

With FW 1.23 the tiltback was very smooth, so maybe one starts decelerating a little bit later, but the wheel can handle 40 km/h, and therefore I think the former way of tiltback was a lot safer than the current way is.

See here a screenshot with FW 1.23, where the tiltback kicks in smoothly, so a maxspeed of 39 km/h was reached (safely), and see below a screenshot from 1.25 after such a severe tiltback kicked in, this happened a little bit above 33 km/h:

Firmware1_23.jpg.d55b23f9d1ea914f1440e36cc096eb8c.jpg

Firmware1_25.jpg.d1367d3270fd24649c120aaae9265592.jpg

Archived