How are you mounting headlights?

flvraptor

For EUCs without built in headlights, what are you using and how are you mounting it? I saw a couple of threads when searching for headlights, so I've seen a couple of options, but I'm interested seeing in a few more ideas, especially in the lower price ranges. I'm thinking it has to attach to the handle somehow, but most of the lights I'm finding that can adjust the angle of the light are meant for bicycle handlebars and the mounts are perpendicular to the light instead of in line with it. Maybe something that attaches to a GoPro mount? Thanks.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My euc has a built in headlamp but I find holding a good led flashlight to be more useful. More often than not the things needing illuminated isn't going to be right in front of you. Like finding curb ramp that are off corners. Spotting dogs & critters that are off trail. 

19 hours ago, flvraptor said:

For EUCs without built in headlights, what are you using and how are you mounting it? I saw a couple of threads when searching for headlights, so I've seen a couple of options, but I'm interested seeing in a few more ideas, especially in the lower price ranges. I'm thinking it has to attach to the handle somehow, but most of the lights I'm finding that can adjust the angle of the light are meant for bicycle handlebars and the mounts are perpendicular to the light instead of in line with it. Maybe something that attaches to a GoPro mount? Thanks.

Working on a GoPro mount for Msuper V3. Will publish 3D print files when ready.

2 hours ago, abinder3 said:

Will that fit over a helmet?

Thanks. 

Allen

I'm not sure. The straps can be extended pretty far, but maybe not far enough to go over a helmet. It probably can go over some helmets, or even under some helmets. But probably it could not be used with some helmets.

Thanks for the tips so far. I'll research both mountable and wearable options, but I'll probably lead towards something that is mounted. Otherwise, knowing myself, I'll probably forget to bring it with me unless I actually start a ride when it's already dark. 

4 hours ago, Michael Vu said:

I use this torchlight since the mount can be mounted by a rubber band and be rotate 360 degrees. Plus the light itself is as bright as a car light.

https://www.amazon.com/Top-Brightness-Battery-Charging-Included/dp/B00JR3LKSW

That does look like an amazing light.  I just may have to think about getting it for my KS18 to suppliment the current head light it has.

Thanks!

Allen

On 2/26/2017 at 1:08 AM, Slaughthammer said:

I mount my headlight in the right pocket of my jacket. In case I want to use it, I unmount it from sait pocket and mount it in one of my hands, sometimes even changing hands on longer rides. Works perfectly for me.

I mount mine the same way.  This has the added benefit of being a constantly adjusting multi-directional mounting.  When crossing an intersection, I can ensure that it's directed such that it's visible by oncoming traffic.  You can also shake it a bit, making it more attention-getting.

Static headlights are terrible for bots and bicycles unless you mount some ridiculous 1 million candle power monstrosity. Most all US States it's "..visible from 300ft...", well a single candle can be seen at 300FT. Cars/Trucks coming from the sides at 90 Deg and more importantly odd angles like Y's and 5/6 ways can easily not see you. I just make sure I put a flash of 400-1000 lumens in their faces for a second using my headlamp to make them aware.

Archived