Hello, I have a problem, I have inserted the wrong bluetooth password in DarknessBot to connect to my inmotion V8, and now the app crashes immediately without giving me the chance to insert the correct password, I tried to disinstall it canceling cahe etc but nothing worked so far, do you have any suggestion?

Thanks a lot

3 hours ago, Zeno74 said:

Hello, I have a problem, I have inserted the wrong bluetooth password in DarknessBot to connect to my inmotion V8, and now the app crashes immediately without giving me the chance to insert the correct password, I tried to disinstall it canceling cahe etc but nothing worked so far, do you have any suggestion?

Thanks a lot

What the app version ?

This app looks much better than the factory King Song app. Planning to give it a whirl when my KS-16S arrives this weekend. Thanks for your efforts @Ilya Shkolnik! Is this project still on GitHub, or any similar projects, or perhaps a community tech wiki? I'm specifically interested in the BLE protocol details - hoping to do a bit of tinkering myself.

15 hours ago, Ilya Shkolnik said:

What the app version ?

2.0 basically as soon as it finds the V8 it starts to connect automatically to it but crashes immediately during the process, I tried with the phone of a friend and everything works (we used the right bluetooth password right away), in my case i should find a way to re-enter the password but I cannot find the way...

1 hour ago, Zeno74 said:

2.0 basically as soon as it finds the V8 it starts to connect automatically to it but crashes immediately during the process, I tried with the phone of a friend and everything works (we used the right bluetooth password right away), in my case i should find a way to re-enter the password but I cannot find the way...

I probably fixed it in 2.1beta. I can add you to beta test. Send me your Apple ID in PM.

• Upvote 1

Awesome, the app is really looking good!  A minor point, but in offline mode, on the screen where you select the wheel to look at, there's a tag in Cyrillic alphabet / Russian language. Since all the other text in the app appears to be in Latin alphabet / English language, you might want to render that one the same.  Attaching a screen shot.

Offline Mode Screen

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Francesco Finqui Tuttobene said:

The update of darknessbot is not still available into Italian AppStore.

Does the evaluation by Apple take so many time?

Apple yet not started reviewing. Waiting...

Edited by Ilya Shkolnik

11 hours ago, Ilya Shkolnik said:

DarknessBot 2.1 has been released!

I will be very grateful if you left your reviews on the Appstore:)

I don't think you want me to leave my review. 

KS18AY

On my iPhone 6s+, the speed limit setup defaults to 30kmh.  I change it to 40kmh like the kingsong app has for my model.  But whenever I close the DarknessBot app and then open it up again, the speed limit is again set to the default setting of 30kmh.  The KingSong app doesn't do that when you close it and then open it back up again. 

I've tried it several times and it always repeats. The DarknessBot app always sets the speed limit of my KS18AY to 30kmh when I close the app and then later open the app back up again. 

1 hour ago, abinder3 said:

KS18AY

On my iPhone 6s+, the speed limit setup defaults to 30kmh.  I change it to 40kmh like the kingsong app has for my model.  But whenever I close the DarknessBot app and then open it up again, the speed limit is again set to the default setting of 30kmh.  The KingSong app doesn't do that when you close it and then open it back up again. 

I've tried it several times and it always repeats. The DarknessBot app always sets the speed limit of my KS18AY to 30kmh when I close the app and then later open the app back up again. 

You are right ...Once you have set to 40kmh .....or higher....it jumps back in the app to 30kmh when you reopen the app...BUT: As Long as you DO NOT MOVE the slider again......it will NOT set the 30kmh back on the wheel....It is just graphical shown wrong on the app.

Edited by KingSong69

2 hours ago, abinder3 said:

Why? I am always glad objective reviews, even if they are negative.

Resetting to 30 kph after reopening app is just a UI problem, because I still couldn't get the max speed from KS 

• Upvote 1

Very nice your new realise.

i noticed that you have implemented Siri features but could you please indicate which kind of question we can ask to Siri through darknessbot?

furthmore it seems that average speed doesn't work properly. But probably I have not full tested it.

my positive feedback will be posted asap anyway.

1 hour ago, Francesco Finqui Tuttobene said:

Other question: compass icon seems not working. Nothing shown when I select it

The compass icon works within the app on my iPhone 6s+. 

Have you tried to calibrate the compass in your phone when not using the DarknessBot app ?

4 hours ago, Francesco Finqui Tuttobene said:

Very nice your new realise.

i noticed that you have implemented Siri features but could you please indicate which kind of question we can ask to Siri through darknessbot?

furthmore it seems that average speed doesn't work properly. But probably I have not full tested it.

my positive feedback will be posted asap anyway.

"How much charge is left in my car from DarknessBot?"

Hi @Ilya Shkolnik

Thank you for this great app, and this last release, the watch doesn't crash anymore after long rides, and like the new design of the settings and Bluetooth... since I have a V8 I was looking forward to increase the speed... but my tilt back still kicks in at 30km/h am I missing some steps? Also should I pair the wheel? I have 2 wheels and they connect without pairing.

Would be great to see a how to use all functions of the app... like instructions manual is getting better and better, love it. Keep up the good work.

Thanks