39 minutes ago, Ilya Shkolnik said:

New beta 2.1-81!

What's new:
Inmotion V8: added settings max speed (unlock to 35 kph), torch, lights, handle, volume
Inmotion V5: added settings max speed (unlock to 35 kph, not verified), handle

Is it available somewhere for download?

47 minutes ago, Ilya Shkolnik said:

New beta 2.1-81!

What's new:
Inmotion V8: added settings max speed (unlock to 35 kph), torch, lights, handle, volume

Unlock to 35kmh??? Are you kidding???

34 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

Unlock to 35kmh??? Are you kidding???

Yeah, I find that phrase "not verified" interesting.  Who wants to suit up and be the crash test dummy to see if a V5F can do 35 km/h?

1 minute ago, Ombre said:

Who wants to suit up and be the crash test dummy to see if a V5F can do 35 km/h?

Haha, pretty sure my son will...as soon as he finds out that his V5F could possibly go faster, he's going to be pumped.  I would love to know what the implications are of pushing those wheels faster than what the manufacturer recommends or has as a restriction in their Inmotion app...

The risk is that the motor runs out of torque at some point and can't hold up the rider at high speed.   I was kidding about someone volunteering to be a crash test dummy.  The result will likely be a sudden cut-out at high speed, which means an unavoidable crash.  Even with full gear your son could be badly injured.

1 minute ago, Ombre said:

Even with full gear your son could be badly injured.

Right on, I'm well aware of the risks and was kidding about volunteering him to test it out :)  Thanks @Ilya Shkolnik for your continued development of the app!  Looking forward to some more integrated Kingsong 16S  functionality :thumbup:

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Maximus said:

Haha, pretty sure my son will...as soon as he finds out that his V5F could possibly go faster, he's going to be pumped.  I would love to know what the implications are of pushing those wheels faster than what the manufacturer recommends or has as a restriction in their Inmotion app...

I would imagine this is basically equivelent to turning tiltback off. In that you can ride up to the point of 0 torque. The V8 has been recorded at 34kph but I imagine the rider was riding the tiltback hard and was not far from cutout without warning. Essentially buy unlocking this I think you are removing nearly all reserve power in the wheel to handle bumps, inclines, and other increased power events when operating at max speed. It seems dangerous to me. A 35kph fall is going to hurt bad.

Turning tiltback off is fine on an mSuper if you are that way inclined. It is likely that it will go faster than anyone will have the balls to push it, but this is not so with the V8 and certainly not with the V5F.

• Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

From what I remember (can't seem to find it now), the InMotion wheels are super conservative with their set max tiltback speeds vs lift test speeds, FWIW.

Yes. It is one of the reasons I brought an Inmotion. Confidence that the wheel had plenty in reserve to get me out of trouble where other wheels might dump you. There was also talk that the V5F was going to get an offical bump to 30kph but it never happened. Makes you wonder why. I would not be comfortable riding a V5F at 35kph. A V8, maybe, but then the V8 has another 250W of motor power available, however both only run 2P battery setups. That means significant surge loads on the cells vs other faster wheels with 4P and even 6P packs.

Any idea how we access this beta? @Ilya Shkolnik

Increasing the speed of my V5F+ would be great - even if it was only an additional 2mph. I go out with my friends on their bikes, and they always seem to cruise around 18mph - so it's always JUUUUST out of reach with it topping out at 16mph :(

Edited by Whinters
  • Upvote 1

On 8/9/2017 at 7:55 AM, Ilya Shkolnik said:

New beta 2.1-81!

What's new:

Ilya, thanks for letting me try out your latest beta version of DarkBot.  I didn't have much time after work this evening, but I did try out some of the new features on my V8.  I notice it wanted to access the IOS Health app.  I assume that's to capture my weight so the algorithm for estimating remaining mileage can be better informed?  From the app, I can now switch the headlight and the decorative LEDs on and off.  I can turn the handle kill switch on and off.  I can also control the speaker volume.  I'm not sure whether the maximum speed unlock feature works, but that's only because I didn't feel like padding up and seeing whether I could actually make the machine go 35 kph.  I'll give that a try in a bit.  All in all, it looks like a really nice set of improved and enhanced functionality.  Thank you for your work on this terrific piece of software.  If this is what colluding with Russians is all about, then I'm happy to collude :)

• Upvote 2

Well I've got the BETA app and tried it with my V5F+, and everything works except for exceeding the current speed limit.

Light and handle options work, and setting the speed does take hold - as long as it's 23kph or below.  As soon as you try to set anything above 23kph, the app resets it to its previous value within a couple of seconds. 

1 minute ago, ir_fuel said:

Question. I just started it for the first time and paired it to my V8. Why does it give me a total runtime of 6043:23:00? Where does that number come from?

I had the same problem.  An uninstall / reinstall of the app seemed to fix it for me.

8 hours ago, radial said:

Ilya, thanks for letting me try out your latest beta version of DarkBot.  I didn't have much time after work this evening, but I did try out some of the new features on my V8.  I notice it wanted to access the IOS Health app.  I assume that's to capture my weight so the algorithm for estimating remaining mileage can be better informed?  From the app, I can now switch the headlight and the decorative LEDs on and off.  I can turn the handle kill switch on and off.  I can also control the speaker volume.  I'm not sure whether the maximum speed unlock feature works, but that's only because I didn't feel like padding up and seeing whether I could actually make the machine go 35 kph.  I'll give that a try in a bit.  All in all, it looks like a really nice set of improved and enhanced functionality.  Thank you for your work on this terrific piece of software.  If this is what colluding with Russians is all about, then I'm happy to collude :)

Thanks! DarknessBot uses weight from HealthKit for more accurate train Neural Network for prediction of remaining mileage.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ir_fuel said:

Question. I just started it for the first time and paired it to my V8. Why does it give me a total runtime of 6043:23:00? Where does that number come from?

This time was received from controller of EUC. In V8 it is time since production. 6043 hours = 251 days

Edited by Ilya Shkolnik
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Whinters said:

Well I've got the BETA app and tried it with my V5F+, and everything works except for exceeding the current speed limit.

Light and handle options work, and setting the speed does take hold - as long as it's 23kph or below.  As soon as you try to set anything above 23kph, the app resets it to its previous value within a couple of seconds. 

Thanks for test. Which minimum speed has beed successfully setted?

And what is firmware version?

I just used it for my first real trip with the V8. A minor remark: why do I have to be connected to my device to see the history of the data? Imagine I want to show this to someone else, I can't open it if I don't have a bluetooth connection to the device. It will stay stuck on looking for devices.

Edited by ir_fuel

1 hour ago, Ilya Shkolnik said:

This time was received from controller of EUC. In V8 it is time since production. 6043 hours = 251 days

I suppose it's some firmware date then? Your program tells me my device is from 2016. Can't imagine that it lay in a warehouse in China for over a year before finally being shipped a couple of months ago?

55 minutes ago, Ilya Shkolnik said:

Thanks for test. Which minimum speed has beed successfully setted?

And what is firmware version?

Hey!

Inside the InMotion App, it is set to 16mph.  When I open the Darkness app, it is default set to 24kph.  If I lower the speed, and then try to increase it again, it doesn't allow 24kph to be set again - it only allows 23kph maximum (which the InMotion app states as 14mph).

Firmware is FM1.3.506

31 minutes ago, ir_fuel said:

I suppose it's some firmware date then? Your program tells me my device is from 2016. Can't imagine that it lay in a warehouse in China for over a year before finally being shipped a couple of months ago?

I dont know how it is exactly on Inmotion's...but on KS/GW you can see the production date of the Motor on the serialnumber of the rim...today' date 11-08-2017 would be inside the Serialnumber of a KS/Gw like this: ..170811...

7 minutes ago, Whinters said:

Hey!

Inside the InMotion App, it is set to 16mph.  When I open the Darkness app, it is default set to 24kph.  If I lower the speed, and then try to increase it again, it doesn't allow 24kph to be set again - it only allows 23kph maximum (which the InMotion app states as 14mph).

Firmware is FM1.3.506

I can't use the InMotion app to set the speed limit any higher than 19 mph / 30 kph.  The slider doesn't slide any further to the right.  Using the DarkBot app, I can raise the speed limit to 22 mph / 35 kph.  If I then go back into the InMotion app, sure enough, the higher speed limit has been set.  But don't touch the slider or it goes back to the lower limit and you have to use DarkBot to raise it again.  

• Upvote 1