@Ilya Shkolnik  I noticed a bug today.  I opened the app connected to a King Song 14S (840 wh) and for some reason the temperature display was set to Celsius.  It was showing 22 degrees C.  I didn't remember changing it, so I switched it to Fahrenheit and it showed 160 degrees F.   It should have showed 72 degrees F.

This was with a "cold", completely un-ridden wheel, in a chilly house.

I switched it back to C and F again, same results.  Re-starting the app didn't help.  This is version DarknessBot 3.2.1 on iOS 11.2

IMG_8254.PNG

IMG_8255.PNG

Edited by Ombre
added software versions
  • Upvote 1

On 1/15/2018 at 1:43 AM, Ilya Shkolnik said:

@FredericDH Xiaomi firmware does not accept more speed value than max supported by provider. For upgrade max speed need to modify the firmware by hardware method, not via bluetooth.

Ilya, How about trying to figure out how to release the final speed unlock for the KingSong KS18S?  It’s supposed to unlock to 30mph once you hit 1000km, but very few have succeeded in doing this as the KS software is in Chinese. If you can break the lock, that’s a module I would pay $25 for!

Thsnks for your hard work,

GoinPostal

• Upvote 1

As far as i know he allready has done that!

For all KS he unlocked the max Speed and set it to 45kmh, in the beginning it was even 50kmh, but this was to fast, as also KS16 were affected from this Change.

Set the Speed/tiltback glider in the Darkness app to max Speed and you should have a 45kmh tiltback before reaching 1000km.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

Set the Speed/tiltback glider in the Darkness app to max Speed and you should have a 45kmh tiltback before reaching 1000km.

Have you tried & tested this by chance on your KS18S?

Had forgotten about the KS unlock on DarknessBot reading this, so set my KS18S to 45kph tiltback via DarknessBot this AM commute to work, but when riding, I still got the same 40kph tiltback I had before.

Next up is to see if WheelLog will do the trick in actual application.

Edited by houseofjob
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, houseofjob said:

Have you tried & tested this by chance on your KS18S?

Had forgotten about the KS unlock on DarknessBot reading this, so set my KS18S to 45kph tiltback via DarknessBot this AM commute to work, but when riding, I still got the same 40kph tiltback I had before.

Next up is to see if WheelLog will do the trick in actual application.

Nope, o couldnt really test it, as i was to fast on 1000km, and also to much of a whimp to ride that fast :-)

I seldom scratch over the 40kmh, for me the best on the 50kmh unlock is that o now never ever have to deal with beeps, warnings, or tiltback, no matter how fast i drive.

But as you said....wheellog/darkness both together implemented that (or tried it)....and as i have read about some Ks16 users that coild go over 30kmh....i thought it would work?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

But as you said....wheellog/darkness both together implemented that (or tried it)....and as i have read about some Ks16 users that coild go over 30kmh....i thought it would work?

Doesn't seem so on my new KS18S, which is just shy of 200km now.

I've unlocked via WheelLog now, so will report back if that seems to do a proper unlock on my lunch ride.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

For all KS he unlocked the max Speed and set it to 45kmh, in the beginning it was even 50kmh, but this was to fast, as also KS16 were affected from this Change.

Set the Speed/tiltback glider in the Darkness app to max Speed and you should have a 45kmh

I got excited reading this, but when I found the "glider" my glider maxes out at 35kph. (ks16s). So if he opened it up at some point, its restricted to factory speed now.  Unless I'm doing something wrong. Please tell me I'm doing something wrong.:(

37 minutes ago, Smoother said:

I got excited reading this, but when I found the "glider" my glider maxes out at 35kph. (ks16s). So if he opened it up at some point, its restricted to factory speed now.  Unless I'm doing something wrong. Please tell me I'm doing something wrong.:(

Perhaps we should ask @Ilya Shkolnik about it :-)

@Ilya Shkolnik Did you not implement a 45kmh for Kingsongs? Or something which goes above the limit they implemented?

Or was this only in Beta Versions?

Wow, that sucked, never try to unlock tiltback on a KS18S with Wheellog v 2.05 (27092017 apk)!

I adjusted the slider to 50km/h in Wheellog, then just turning on the KS18S and rolling it around by hand, my wheel was severely tilting back at basically no speed. 

Trying to get my settings back in the KingSong official V5 Android app, I couldn't even connect back to the wheel; I had to go into the V5 app and reset alarms+tiltback, then the V5 app allowed me to connect with still some difficulty.

I get the feeling neither DarknessBot nor Wheellog developers had access to an actual KS18S for real testing.

13 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

Perhaps we should ask @Ilya Shkolnik about it :-)

@Ilya Shkolnik Did you not implement a 45kmh for Kingsongs? Or something which goes above the limit they implemented?

Or was this only in Beta Versions?

In last version:

KS14/KS16 - 35 kph (max accepted speed for firmware)

KS18 - 45 kph (for secure reasons)

Edited by Ilya Shkolnik
  • Like 1

On 1/24/2018 at 1:44 AM, KingSong69 said:

As far as i know he allready has done that!

I have not tried it recently, but some months back I tried it. It will allow me to slide the sliders to 45km, but I still get alarms and tilt back at 32km.  I have no fear. I would ride 50km everywhere if I could.  ?

• Upvote 1

Actually, I've had a think about this recently.  Even before the sad news from @Rehab1 I read an article about why its good to have a speed limit set well under the maximum speed a motor can obtain.  That and the Asian guy face planting from his Tesla at high speed, and several face plants of my own; I'm now glad that my ks16s limits me to 35kph.  I'm hoping, but not willing to test it, that this will give me enough power head-room so that the slightest bump doesn't overpower something, and shut the wheel down.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2