Gotway app (iOS) only showing 50% for 2400W Monster

I just received my new Gotway Monster 2400.  Awesome looking wheel.  It arrived at 20% charge due to shipping restrictions.  I charged it through the day and overnight.  Both lights are green on the machine but the iOS app is showing only 50%.  The charging block is also green.

The vendor that I am dealing with (ridetheglide) is excellent and will pay for shipping and any repairs if required.  However, I don't really want to put that expense on them if it is an app anomaly.  I am going to ride it down to empty (20%) and recharge to see if that will reset the unit. 

Has anyone else experienced this?

@Merrittous MonoWheel My Monster 2400Wh battery was fine on delivery from SpeedyFeetUK, but in general, I do not find the iOS Gotway app reliable (connecting always resets my alarm / ride mode settings), so I do not use it, even though I am an iPhone user primarily.

I would recommend finding a way to connect the wheel to the Gotway Android app and seeing if the battery still reads 50%.

What does wheellog say? Can you try Android? It really sounds like an app problem most likely.

If not: my ACM 1300Wh would only go to 70% on first charge (then: green charger). Using the wheel a little and reconnecting the charger would charge further (with red, but even with green light, just keep it connected) and now everything works ok (charges normally to 100% every time) after I first reached 100% charge. Maybe you have that mystery effect too.

Congrats on the new toy:cheers:

1 hour ago, Merrittous MonoWheel said:

Both lights are green on the machine...... but the iOS app is showing only 50%.  .......The charging block is also green.

I would say that is a perfect sign that the wheel/Batterie is totally Ok and that just the app has a Problem dealing with the 84 Volt (instead 67) System!

when you use the "old" Gotway app that is just "normal"....

Try other app's like wheellog or new Gotway app or friend's phone with other apps.....

Let us know how it works out. My new monster 2400w arrived today from ridetheglide and I also am using the iOS app. It's been plugged in for the last 7 hours but was reading 0% before I started. I will leave it all night and let you know what it says when it's done

There seems to be some hope.  After the above sequence it is now charging at 70%.  The morning will tell if it gets to 100%

@Aquaneo make sure your charger is plugged into the machine correctly.  If it is reversed 180 degrees the app shows it as zero charge.   Found that out the hard way:-). 

All these charging problems that people have been having confused :huh: I don't know what to make of it. I had neither with my 84 volt ACM or Monster. Both wheels charged to 100% the very first try. I do use Android apps, and have been sticking with the old (non-social) Gotway app.

However, I really base my charging on the green indicator on the brick and what the LED's on the back of the wheel say. If you have the 1 red LED and 4 green LEDs on the wheel then you are fully charged.

If you weigh ~80kg then expect ~120km on one charge with ~10% battery remaining.

Ya the 0% was not plugged in at all. Just turned on after it arrived and I connected to it. You got me wondering so I just unplugged it for the first time. It wasn't finished charging but is reading 70% so I think it's fine. I'll check it in the morning. 

Maybe that's why Kingsong conditions their wheels on those racks (see video) before sending them out.  I'm sure it's the batteries they are conditioning, but I'm no expert. Does Gottproblems conditions their wheels before sending them out?

9 hours ago, Merrittous MonoWheel said:

There seems to be some hope.  After the above sequence it is now charging at 70%.  The morning will tell if it gets to 100%

(Everything measured with wheellog) That's the same that happened to me (ACM 84V 1300Wh). First charge stopped at 70% (green light on charger brick). After a tiny bit of usage (indoor balancing 5 minutes) I reconnected the charger and it went green at 80%. Repeat, 90%, then something like 97%, then 100% (kept the charger connected even after the light was green for that).

After that it charges perfectly normal (charger goes green at 100%, not before that). I seriously hope this is a Gotway quirk (Gotproblems lol:laughbounce2:) and does not indicate any real battery problems. The various answers in my thread make me think it's just an inconsequential quirk - after all the BMS and other components would indicate a real problem and they don't.

You can read the full story interspersed in my thread, it starts here: 

TLDR: "It's not a problem, it's just Gotway"(TM) ;) (very most likely) so don't worry, the issue should go away.

ougw.jpg

So I woke up this morning to a 100% charged Monster ready to roll.  I'm going to take it to work this morning even though it is -10C at the moment.  (That is why they invented thermal underwear isn't it:-)

Thanks again for the ongoing support of the forum.  As a relative newbie it is really good to be able to bounce ideas off more experienced people.  Without everyone's support I would certainly have been stressing this a lot more.

As  @RideTheGlide says," Happy Gliding".

Bottom Line: Gotway still sucks at app development (albeit, a little less than in the past), especially iOS.

If there are other measures you can use (on-wheel meter, charging brick light), defer to those first.

And also, app development is not why you buy a Gotway; performance is.

If they have to sacrifice the apps a bit to focus more on performance (remember, Gotway = mom&pop co) I personally am totally fine with that!

17 minutes ago, Smoother said:

Hey ! The SingSong  app sucks too, don't leave us  SingSongers out of it.mafter all, we don't even have tilt back, we have "Ollie" what ever the flock that is!

"oooollieeee" is that what you are screaming when the Ollie-called-tiltback katapults you from the wheel ;-)

But you dont have a GW App in use, or? Because if so you would see that the KS app really is top notch( seen in comparison to the GW app....) :-)

8 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

"oooollieeee" is that what you are screaming when the Ollie-called-tiltback katapults you from the wheel ;-)

But you dont have a GW App in use, or? Because if so you would see that the KS app really is top notch( seen in comparison to the GW app....) :-)

oooolllliiiieeee, thump,  ouch! lol, as a matter of fact it does sound a bit like that.  Maybe SingSong is better than I thought. ?

Half the functions don't work on my 14c, but I guess the app is for all ks wheels, so, OK, I guess it's ok, in that respect.  I'm off to do some more oooolllliieee now.

Archived