Hello, I'm new to this bog, just wanted to put something out there. I've been ridding for about 3 months and love it. I've got over 200 miles on my Segway mini pro. The last time I went out, I started hearing a popping noise in one of my wheels. Sounds like a bearing is going out or something like that. Just wanted to know if anyone else has experienced this? If so what was your fix? Thanks.

• davidbruce45 changed the title to Popping noise coming from wheel
2 minutes ago, davidbruce45 said:

Thanks for the advice. I checked and it's OK. There is very little tolerance between the valve stem and fender.

Yes, sometimes they tap up inside.  You might remove valve caps just to verify it's not those where you cannot see them.  If not, I believe I heard of ONE case of a bearing going bad, but I would not suspect that.  There's another fix where you put a piece of rubber or something between the fender and main body to prevent noise, but I don't think that's a popping noise.

Also check tires for a small rock stuck in tread.  Just thinking out loud, and ruling out things.

On ‎21‎.‎02‎.‎2017 at 9:05 PM, davidbruce45 said:

Hello, I'm new to this bog, just wanted to put something out there. I've been ridding for about 3 months and love it. I've got over 200 miles on my Segway mini pro. The last time I went out, I started hearing a popping noise in one off my wheels. Sounds like a bearing is going out or something like that. Just wanted to know if anyone else has experienced this? If so what was your fix? Thanks.

There are couple of things to check, like tyre pressure, decorative blades (red and grey thingies on the wheelcap), I've seen some loose ends of doublesided tape/strip (from fender mouts) catching on valve stem on one of my Mini Pros.

2 hours ago, Wojciech Plocharski said:

i have the same problem.did anyone try to fix it? 

I'm not so sure this one is a problem.  This appears to be the play in the way the wheel is held on, but I would not think that's broken or bad.  The other sound mentioned above is when you are riding and it taps or pops when the wheel is spinning.

4 hours ago, SuperSport said:

I'm not so sure this one is a problem.  This appears to be the play in the way the wheel is held on, but I would not think that's broken or bad.  The other sound mentioned above is when you are riding and it taps or pops when the wheel is spinning.

this is exactly what it does when riding and sound like wheel bearing! it knocks when turning for example.

On 2/26/2017 at 2:01 PM, Wojciech Plocharski said:

i have the same problem.did anyone try to fix it? 

Hello friend and wellcome

please look inside motor-wheel pictures into these topics

1/

i suggest you desmantle mini wheel for see if nothing is broken

pictures can help you see diferences 

videos help you to remove all parts by parts

https://sites.google.com/view/mini-j-world/mini-tech-s-pro/parts-repairs#h.p_xXiSNB6ZYhBA

or more videos tutorial here into my playlist (24 videos)

On 2/21/2017 at 9:05 PM, davidbruce45 said:

Hello, I'm new to this bog, just wanted to put something out there. I've been ridding for about 3 months and love it. I've got over 200 miles on my Segway mini pro. The last time I went out, I started hearing a popping noise in one off my wheels. Sounds like a bearing is going out or something like that. Just wanted to know if anyone else has experienced this? If so what was your fix? Thanks.

hello

sometime, if tire is deflated, this affect directly hubcap and make this poping noise

1 hour ago, jojo33 said:

Hello friend and wellcome

please look inside motor-wheel pictures into these topics

1/

2/(at the end of the page) https://forum.urban360.com/index.php?/topic/603-a-lintérieur-du-mini-démonter-la-batterie-démonter-les-roues-la-carte-mère-etc/&page=1

i suggest you desmantle mini wheel for see if nothing is broken

pictures can help you see diferences 

videos help you to remove all parts by parts

more infos into my blog https://mini-j.jimdo.com/home/mini-technical/repair/

or more videos tutorial here into my playlist (24 videos)

I have not disambled a mini yet but i try already to open a motor as im 99% sure its a bearing as the wheel its loose a bit as shown on my video. only one thing concerne me its that i havent found a video of anyone replacing a bearing so it looks like i will be the first one to do so if i want snap the wheel before i decide to fix it.so far i have covered another 150KM with this knocking but day by day im more afraid that it will breake.

9 minutes ago, Wojciech Plocharski said:

im 99% sure its a bearing as the wheel its loose a bit as shown on my video

I would have though of a spacer or axle fixation problem rather than a bearing problem

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
On 2/21/2017 at 2:05 PM, davidbruce45 said:

Hello, I'm new to this bog, just wanted to put something out there. I've been ridding for about 3 months and love it. I've got over 200 miles on my Segway mini pro. The last time I went out, I started hearing a popping noise in one of my wheels. Sounds like a bearing is going out or something like that. Just wanted to know if anyone else has experienced this? If so what was your fix? Thanks.

I’ve also experienced popping sounds.  I thought it might be battery cells.

I’ll check the tire valves.

Archived