Pedal extensions ( courtesy of zlymex) and toe wedge by EU GUY

Smoother

@UKJ asked me where I had seen @zlymex s pedal extension photos.  Well I found them in this thread

pedal-ext.jpg

pedpins.jpg

@EU GUY has some toe risers that I thought were neat too.

edit. Can't find his toe wedges but here are his version of pedal extensions.  I believe I saw his wedges on his own sight, which must have been in a link somewhere.

My MCM2/MCM3's pedal extension :

1) the material :

58a8169473222_100_1178(3).thumb.JPG.06c1746b95a6e3c3484d0218a0d4baa0.JPG

2) the goal : double the lenght

100_1180.JPG

3) the project :

image(251).png

4) the result :

image(250).png

52 minutes ago, smallexis said:

My MCM2/MCM3's pedal extension :

1) the material :

58a8169473222_100_1178(3).thumb.JPG.06c1746b95a6e3c3484d0218a0d4baa0.JPG

2) the goal : double the lenght

100_1180.JPG

3) the project :

image(251).png

4) the result :

image(250).png

Nice work. Thanks for the input.  There are quite a few sharpish edges there; the plate it self and the ends of your support beams.  Has this design bitten you yet?  Does that diamond plate grip well? Looking at it, I guess the rivet heads do a lot of the gripping.

I would for sure "pad" the edges as you might wish you had after a deep cut?

I did this with fairly stiff but still flexable auto hose after having drill and tapped many holes around pedal edge and screws are inside tube.

The problem is the stock KS14c pedals are just not long enough, but I will figure out how to extend somehow.

ukj

P1010006.JPG

6 hours ago, Smoother said:

Has this design bitten you yet?  Does that diamond plate grip well? Looking at it, I guess the rivet heads do a lot of the gripping.

I grinded the edges of the plate to give a rounded shape, so no risk of cut. For aluminum brackets, I have broken the angles with a hammer to avoid any risk of injury. The adhesion is good in dry weather, but if it is wet, it slips.

• 2 months later...

Another way is to 3D print some pedal covers which extend the existing pedals. I´ve been using mine for a few weeks now and they have been holding up really well since 95% of the weight is still carried by the metal pedal underneath. The load on the extended part is only a few kilograms at most. The surface is covered with anti slipping tape and the covers are secured with two M5 screws and some glue. An M5 thread needs to be cut into the pedal for the screws. The pedals folds up normally despite the covers. Sorry about the dirt on the pedals, it´s been rainy...

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1938679
I´m currently working on designing a larger version (260mm) because my earlier printer version was limited to 220mm.

Pedal2.thumb.jpg.0a18af669f35e82a2a0c9ae6d8894710.jpg

This looks really interesting.  I have no skills and no tools for this kind of stuff, but maybe a machine shop could help.  My feet are American size 12 1/2, and the pedals on EUC's look really small to me.  Plus it seems to me it's easier tor finesse balance on the balls of my feet, and I'm thinking the usual pedals won't allow for someone with big feet to use his feet properly.

Please fill us in on all your ideas, folks.  I'm speaking from ignorance now, but believe I will have to make some changes when I get my first EUC.

Test fitted the new 26cm pedal cover version on my kid´s wheel, which has the same pedals. Fits very well. I´ll now add some anti slipping material to the surface and then install them on my own wheel. I´ll report once I have made a test ride.

3 minutes ago, MattJ said:

Test fitted the new 26cm pedal cover version on my kid´s wheel, which has the same pedals. Fits very well. I´ll now add some anti slipping material to the surface and then install them on my own wheel. I´ll report once I have made a test ride.

0000000000000Megapedal-LR.jpg

Why am I suddenly craving a pizza?

Ok finally some impressions after a first 15min test ride with my new 26 cm long pedal extensions. The difference compared to the regular bare pedals is huge and even compared to my previous version, there´s a clear improvement. I didn´t experience any ground contact issues even in tight turns, but I have yet to test them in more demanding situations. For regular everyday (non-extreme) riding, they are definitely ok.

26cm_pedal1LR.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
On 2017-05-02 at 4:36 PM, MattJ said:

Ok finally some impressions after a first 15min test ride with my new 26 cm long pedal extensions. The difference compared to the regular bare pedals is huge and even compared to my previous version, there´s a clear improvement. I didn´t experience any ground contact issues even in tight turns, but I have yet to test them in more demanding situations. For regular everyday (non-extreme) riding, they are definitely ok.

26cm_pedal1LR.jpg

That looks more than just awesome! Way to go!

Archived