GotWay trolley on ACM 16

Hi folks !

I am wondering about the quality of the ACM 16 trolley handle. Does it keep long term, doesn't detach after a while ? Is it handy ? I find a bit strange that you have to dig holes in the shell to fix the trolley. The MSuper v3 has a built in trolley. Is it a reason to prefer MSuper v3 over ACM or is the ACM trolley as good ?

Thanks for your opinions

Hi Roue Libre,
we got a couple of ACM and MCM4 trolley handles with our latest shipment from GotWay to get our hands on it and answer those exact questions! :)

We were pleasantly surprised by the ACM one. It appears very well designed and built! It actually looks like a legitimate upgrade rather then just an afterthought.

As for the screws - I feel you! Didn't have the heart to screw it onto my brand new ACM S+ myself, but here's an idea: you can glue it on instead (haven't tried this either yet, but I'll keep you posted).

Overall, I don't think that going with Msuper V3 just for the trolley is going to happen.
The ACM trolley handle does add a lot to the ACM:

• It is well built
  • It looks good
  • It adds a bit of extra protection to ACM, in case it rolls
  • It should work just as well as Msuper's integrated one 

Of course there are other benefits of Msuper v3 that can change your mind to go with it, aside from the trolley handle:

• wheel has holes that you can run a chain/security cable through, if you park it in public 
  • really cool turning signals/break lights
  • more comfortable ride
    • larger pedals (best in class!!!)
    • taller body makes the side pads higher
    • larger wheel diameter

Hope this helps you make the right decision. I went with ACM S+, but it has a lot to do with me being used to riding a smaller MCM4 and already having some prior experience with Msuper V3 and being curious about ACM. Price for ACM is also very attractive.

And I just LOVE ACM's design - it just doesn't have anything extra that you don't need... For some the trolley is in the list of must-haves and for others it isn't, so I think GotWay designers made a wise choice!

Sincerely yours,
Dmitry from EUC.NYC

IMG-20170117-WA0008.jpg

26 minutes ago, IvSus said:

And I just LOVE ACM's design - it just doesn't have anything extra that you don't need... For some the trolley is in the list of must-haves and for others it isn't, so I think GotWay designers made a wise choice!

To distinguish the ACM trolley design as a wise choice is something :P

On 2/16/2017 at 8:23 AM, Mono said:

To distinguish the ACM trolley design as a wise choice is something :P

I'll take that as a compliment. :P It really does look well-made. Now the MCM4 one I wasn't thrilled with - it touches my legs occasionally as I ride my old wheel.

The quality is much better than on the MSuperV2. But all handles mounted at the rear, even the MSuperV3 built in, are a compromise. The handle bars from Inmotion and Kingsobg are centric and way better by deign.

Beside this design issue the ACM handle is worth the money. I would buy it again.

There was a Russian member here who modified his ACM for a centric mount.

• 2 weeks later...

The ACM trolley, While not necessarily the best design... mine came with no instructions, no screws and the mount on the lower portion was bent/formed backwards (I.e. the flush screw eyelets were formed backwards).  It's not that bad.  Kinda looks decent once mounted and adds utility.  Now I can dismount and push it when entering the building to my work place and at the restaurants etc. Instead of lifting and carrying the heavy wheel.

Also I would have preferred the handle to extend a little higher. But all-in-all, it is useful.

• 2 months later...

It was my intention to install the trolley on my new ACM 16 1300, but I was badly impressed by the bottom aluminum bar, too light and also ugly to see. In fact my original idea was to avoid drilling holes in the shells, but because of the extreme proximity of the wheel to the body, I have not found any other solutions. (Excluding the systems connected to the footplates, which I do not like).

So I decided to realize a personal solution, that you can see hereafter.

If you like it and you have a 3D printer you can download the file on Thingiverse site. (search for Gotway trolley).

Ciao

2.thumb.jpg.1b22b6073aa78ce4825bd0ebb50f2918.jpg

5.jpg

On 28/04/2017 at 10:56 AM, Mono said:

Is it multifunctional in that the wheel can rest on it staying upright? Should be doable. 

I have slightly modified the design of the lower bar ( thanks, Mono!) to include the supports, now I can safely rest the wheel even without a wall available.

590ae8d30919c_ACMbottombarwithsupports2.thumb.jpg.383426df394b6a0e0116060fb0747cc8.jpg590ae8d47e6c3_ACMbottombarwithsupports3.thumb.jpg.cd4ee4643ceedbe6c912d208878c0af3.jpg

ACM bottom bar with supports 1 .jpg

6 hours ago, yourtoys7 said:

Impressive, I would spray paint all black, unless you like multi colour...

Hi ! Is that the new ACM trolley design ? Is it attached to the frame or to the shell ?

6 hours ago, FULspeed said:

Thanks. In fact the red color was a choice. I can print with plastic of many colors, no needs of painting.

I like the red/ orange, but not big on silver, but that's just me. Excellent job...

Archived