Ninebot One E+ at -25°C

Radislav

I went out for 14 miles yesterday (your ice storm was our light rain on the return ride).

My winter rides were as low as the mid teens (F) (-9 C). The battery mileage range at 55-60 (F) yesterday was about the same as weeks before but the winter cold set in. No loss of function in that regard.

I didn't realize how far north (latitude) Moscow was until I looked at Google Maps. To me Montreal , Canada is 'way up north'. In the 1980's I worked for a YMCA on Lake George, NY. A Canadian employee (mother of 2?) commented that it gets so cold in Canada (Montreal?) each winter that there is a period of time each winter when she always starts getting claustrophobic and has to get outside.

I showed that sketch and other sketches to a woman from Kyrgyzstan who went to school in St. Petersburg before coming to the States permanently. She was dating a guy who played great golf back then. I haven't seen Natalia for years but know she has a great job in the Boston area.

2017-02-25_18.12.37.jpg

Natalia Leach, PhD

Director:

https://www.genetests.org/laboratories/?lab=1115

I had a discussion with Natalia once about undergoing air raid drills as a kid and being instructed to crawl under our desks. Natalia's reply described air raid drills in which wearing gas masks in class as a student was required during the drill in Russia.

I've read one story that stipulates Russians tend to be a little 'paranoid', perhaps as a result of the many historic events (see Wikipedia) leading to the establishment of Moscow and it's recognition as the center of power.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moscow

Last night I read about the 'Russian famine of 1601-1603' and it's cause from a volcanic explosion in Peru leading to world wide cold temperatures affecting crops and plants.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_famine_of_1601–03

hostel_story.jpg

There is one good old saying in Russia: "Такой большой, а в сказки веришь" - Such a big guy but still believe in fairy tales :) 

I remember no drills in gas masks in my life. I've already forgotten how they look like.

Ha ha ha....

At the time I was a 'contract labor' employee for her and others.  I can't say if I know exactly where her recollection was from. She...is actually very petite. You are suggesting she lied to keep up a fight? 

I was playing some IP linked flight Sims at the time. A player or two were communicating in Cyrillic. I asked her if she could translate their commications from the game, which I had recorded. It became awkward when she responded that the players indicated the 'killing' was in the mountainous area of the game.

What else can I say? I lost to the bluff?

When the project lost funding my contract labor was no longer needed.

drunk_story_full.jpg

5 hours ago, Radislav said:

Nice music! He is very talented. AFAIK, Dosumov is not a Russian family name, Bulgarian maybe, although he lives in Moscow.

http://www.7corde.it/news/chitarristi/42-feodor-dosumov.html

"Feodor was born in Tashkent, Uzbekistan, and began making music in seven years. His passion for the guitar has remained a hobby until obtaining a degree in engineering, but now just 17 years Feodor had won the award for best lead guitarist to international rock-festival "Flower Childrens" of Tashkent.

Feodor after graduation moved to Moscow and enrolled at the State Music College Gnessins to continue his study of the electric guitar. The following year he won the national competition for young guitarists Russians "" Guitar's many faces ": this success convinced him to devote himself to music full-time."

I can't even imagine how much practice and determination is needed to get that good at anything.  I'm too easily distracted.  Me.... "Right guitar practice time" ( picks up guitar, checks it's in tune). .."oh look a re run of COPS on the TV!" ( puts down guitar, turns up TV volume.. thus begins and ends week three of practice). Sigh!?

Archived