V8 pedal durability

Mono

2 hours ago, charlesrg said:

another option is apply truck bed-liner spray. Pretty tough and should be able to do it once. However good luck removing it after. 3M makes them.

I just found that there is ways to remove bedliner, so that will be my choice, instead of glue and sandpaper I would just mask and apply bedliner spray.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎04‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 9:40 PM, Mono said:

Now, this is the right pedal after 800km, I must say I am slightly disappointed: 

pedal2.thumb.jpg.e763a6fade6341b554fd310460800a55.jpg

Does anyone know what the missing screw is for and how it was supposed to stay in place? 

I must really ask - what kind of shoes or boots are you riding in? Mine looks almost brand new after 2.500 Km just with a bit of dust in the grains of the tape ...

On 16/03/2017 at 0:15 PM, HEC said:

I must really ask - what kind of shoes or boots are you riding in? Mine looks almost brand new after 2.500 Km just with a bit of dust in the grains of the tape ...

I wear normal sneakers or loafers. It seems I am not the only one experience this kind of "problem" though.

I guess the main reason why it happens quicker for me is that I am often in "play mode" rather than "drive mode". In play mode I often make (small) changes of the foot positioning for riding small turns, backward-forward switches and idles etc.

• 8 months later...

Done 1000 miles on mine and they're starting to wear, fairly lightly but there's a few flecks where the tape is missing and the rough edge has worn down a bit. Would rather replace it now rather than later. Anyone got any ideas for stripping the existing tape?

• 1 month later...
On ‎17‎.‎11‎.‎2017 at 9:39 PM, Kael said:

Done 1000 miles on mine and they're starting to wear, fairly lightly but there's a few flecks where the tape is missing and the rough edge has worn down a bit. Would rather replace it now rather than later. Anyone got any ideas for stripping the existing tape?

Don't know if you've already got the tape off or not.... but good old hairdryer to loosen the adhesive and utility knive to peel off the edge of the tape is a proven approach

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/17/2018 at 7:44 AM, Vik's said:

Don't know if you've already got the tape off or not.... but good old hairdryer to loosen the adhesive and utility knive to peel off the edge of the tape is a proven approach

Yeah that worked well. I ended up replacing the tape with some high quality skateboard grip tape. Used the pulled off InMotion tape to create a template. The new tape is super grippy.

Archived