Ninebo

Ninebot one s2 vs Segway one s1

Not related, but Segway Mini Pro at Sams Club is now $599 instead of $800. No demand.

• Upvote 1

It is still early in the spring. Perhaps demand is low due to weather. Or perhaps there is a product update coming?

They've been 599 on amazon for a while now. I would think they weren't selling many at 800 when they're a lot cheaper on a site everyone uses. 

Makes me wonder. When Segway was introduced a decade ago, everyone complained that's out of range ($6,400) for most people so that's why it failed in the consumer market. Now a mere $599 get you one and no one is buying? What's up with the world? Outside of this forum no one really knows what is a Gotway/ EUC or how Ninebot acquired Segway etc knowledge. For them it's just an affordable Segway. Still no considerable sales? 

5 hours ago, Pezman said:

It is still early in the spring. Perhaps demand is low due to weather. Or perhaps there is a product update coming?

3 hours ago, Planetpapi said:

Makes me wonder. When Segway was introduced a decade ago, everyone complained that's out of range ($6,400) for most people so that's why it failed in the consumer market. Now a mere $599 get you one and no one is buying? What's up with the world? Outside of this forum no one really knows what is a Gotway/ EUC or how Ninebot acquired Segway etc knowledge. For them it's just an affordable Segway. Still no considerable sales? 

I think this is an excellent question and observation, and might the reason why wheels will or will not take off.

My personal experience is when I see people on Segways I immedietly think two things, "what a cool device" and "what lazy f****!" Despite owning a Swagtron given as a gift, I rarely use it, and I doubt I would buy a Segway Pro despite its obvious utility and ease of use.

Now a wheel is something I have bought (two of them, actually), and their utility is awesome, but it's also respectable. No one who ever sees a person on a wheel thinks of them as being lazy. Except for a few notable exceptions, everyone on a wheel in the video section looks like they are in really good shape. And even the paunchy older guys have a quickness and agility unusual for their age. You can tell there's some coordinated muscle under their slovenly exterior. :)

That may be the problem; a Segway Pro is too easy but any wheel is too hard. It's a form of transportation that looks ludicrously hard and I think that scares 4 out 5 people off (my estimate). So a Segway won't sell because they just aren't sexy, but a wheel also can't sell because it's too hard for most people.

I stopped by a dive dinner yesterday, and the waitress there mentioned all four other wheelers looked like me; all male, all very coordinated, and all looked like they could run six miles with no trouble. I can get behind belonging to a Chip-n-dale club like that but it's also bad because that means wheels require a certain level of fitness that is simply out of reach for the majority of Americans. You cannot sell wheels to these people regardless of price.

• Upvote 1

I supposed they will have to beef up the pedals and size the motor to rider weight. 

USA has many 200+ people and not necessary overweight. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Carlos E Rodriguez said:

USA has many 200+ people and not necessary overweight.

I agree, and it is strange.  Probably the fast food places sell food with growth hormones added or something.

You are certainly not wrong. When mine arrives (hopefully next week) I will be the only person to own one in probably a 100 mile radius (maybe even 200 mile radius). Meanwhile, the same could be said of a smart car, any electric car, even scooters are very rare here. 

40 minutes ago, Michael Vu said:

Here's a good video review on the Ninebot One S1.

His production values are slick and he's never been given a product that he didn't enjoy.

"This is the most fun and exciting potting soil I have ever used!!!"

7 hours ago, kasenutty said:

"This is the most fun and exciting potting soil I have ever used!!!"

It's a floor was AAAAANNNNNDDD a dessert topping!