Msuper V3S + first impressions

Scott Ryan

Really loving my new Msuper V3S+!  I rode 12 miles this morning along the Susquehanna River in PA and it was a really nice riding experience. Big change coming from my other wheel (Inmotion) and my first Gotway.  

I found I can easily maintain 20mph with confidence and it handles terrain extremely well. I had 89% battery left when I finished my ride according to wheel log this morning and it was about 34° outside. Can't wait to see what kind of range I will get in warmer temperatures.  

The wheel definitely has a distinct sound that took me about and hour before I got used to it. Apparently it is common on all Gotway wheels.

I think my only complaint so far is the responsiveness even in sport mode. It is a huge difference from my V8.  I have definitely adjusted to the softness but it is something that Inmotion definitely tops them at least on this wheel. 

Overall, I am very happy with my purchase and feel the bigger wheel serves a different purpose depending on what type of riding I would like to do.  For short rides around the neighborhood and attempting more aggressive "tricks" I like a smaller wheel and pedal height of V8 for turning. For long rides a bigger wheel is hard to beat for comfort and speed and not being overly heavy. A 1600 watt battery seems endless at least for my riding purposes at this point and it feels good under my feet. 

Looking forward to putting on some major miles in the warmer weather.  

Screenshot_20170128-202657.png

• 3 weeks later...

I want to see a 1600 kWh wheel:D You could easily go 75000 kilometers on one charge:w00t2:

The Gotway ACM 1600Wh is a 16 inch wheel with a big battery. Gotway monster has 2400Wh but bigger wheel, with 100km range.

Batteries are expensive, need space, and weigh a lot so that's the limit. Maybe we need nuclear wheels:P

20 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

<snip>

Gotway monster has 2400Wh but bigger wheel, with 100km range.

<snip>

I'm getting 112+ km range on my Monster. My riding weight is 70kg.  I'm pretty happy with that :D

I'm getting 112+ km range on my Monster. My riding weight is 70kg.  I'm pretty happy with that :D

Congrats! Marty!

I hope to get Monster in some future, even if it is uncertain, really having been impressed the range as you confirmed it.

Riding EUC is not part of hobby but of life for me; many here seemingly deem it as a hobby.

I am sure some or even many people deem a hobby to be an essential and even indispensable part of life. I believe it is called hobby because its main objective is not to create income, yet to improve the quality of life otherwise.

3 hours ago, Mono said:

I am sure some or even many people deem a hobby to be an essential and even indispensable part of life. I believe it is called hobby because its main objective is not to create income, yet to improve the quality of life otherwise.

It's certainly an essential part of my life. I'd much rather get on a wheel than get in a car, for example...

On 1/29/2017 at 10:30 AM, Scott Ryan said:

Really loving my new Msuper V3S+!  I rode 12 miles this morning along the Susquehanna River in PA and it was a really nice riding experience. Big change coming from my other wheel (Inmotion) and my first Gotway.  

I found I can easily maintain 20mph with confidence and it handles terrain extremely well. I had 89% battery left when I finished my ride according to wheel log this morning and it was about 34° outside. Can't wait to see what kind of range I will get in warmer temperatures.  

The wheel definitely has a distinct sound that took me about and hour before I got used to it. Apparently it is common on all Gotway wheels.

I think my only complaint so far is the responsiveness even in sport mode. It is a huge difference from my V8.  I have definitely adjusted to the softness but it is something that Inmotion definitely tops them at least on this wheel. 

Overall, I am very happy with my purchase and feel the bigger wheel serves a different purpose depending on what type of riding I would like to do.  For short rides around the neighborhood and attempting more aggressive "tricks" I like a smaller wheel and pedal height of V8 for turning. For long rides a bigger wheel is hard to beat for comfort and speed and not being overly heavy. A 1600 watt battery seems endless at least for my riding purposes at this point and it feels good under my feet. 

Looking forward to putting on some major miles in the warmer weather.  

Screenshot_20170128-202657.png

Awesome!   Your review have really tempted me to buy this one soon!   I have already a long queue for future purchases, growing daily, and this just queued.   Msuper vs Monster.... Hmmm...

• 3 weeks later...

Nice review @Scott Ryan, thank you for sharing the experience, only now found this post, but I'm taking the same steps as you... started with Inmotion V5F , now V8 and ordered yesterday a Msuper V3S+ 1300Wh... curious on how it feels the change. Inmotion is an extremely good and reliable wheel, but as more I use it the bigger need I have for faster and longer distances wheels. The V3S+ seemed to be the perfect option.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived