Big difference in quality between the Axis of the MINI PRO and the MINI XIAOMI

Few months ago, I have broken the Axis of my Xiaomi Mini during a ride.

I have bought a new Axis (on Aliexpress, with a very very long time shipping) and when deceived, I was suprised by the difference in quality compared to the original xiaomi's Axis.

The Axis bought as spare parts is the same as the Pro version and is stronger than the Xiaomi's one. With same shape and size, the weight is very different :

100_1474.jpg

The Axis for the Xiaomi version has a very bad quality (with less weight = less density = weakness and broke risk) compare to the Pro one.

yes, defiantly could become a weak point on the Xiaomi version isn't it? Personally I don't guess difference in production costs are really the matter here. The axis seems a rather small and simple in shape...

But however if the Xiaomi version causes permanent problems one may just use the ones from Ninebot. 

1 hour ago, Urs brasil said:

Personally I don't guess difference in production costs are really the matter here. The axis seems a rather small and simple in shape...

Well, the Ninebot axle is CNC-machined from a solid piece of steel, I'd guess, whereas the Xiaomi version of it is a simple die casted piece of probably zinc or aluminium, That would also explain the difference in mass. Machining such a part is way more expensive than die casting.

The problem is that this part is strongly requested and that it is indispensable for the piloting of the Mini.

If it breaks, the Mini becomes almost unusable. It is not the kind of piece on which one must privilege the economic side at the expense of solidity.

• 2 weeks later...
On 31/01/2017 at 8:27 PM, MetricUSA said:

Can we get a pic of the broken on? Much appreciated....

Sorry I have no picture of my broken axis, but I have found 2 pictures that show the same kind of problem :

image(242).png  this picture is taken from aliexpress and my axis was broken exactly at same place.

and the second one come from FRANCE, sent throught the french URBAN360 forum : https://forum.urban360.com/index.php?/topic/2242-axe-de-la-barre-de-direction-du-ninebot-mini-pro-ou-xiaomi/&do=findComment&comment=31927

IMG_2383.jpg

• 4 months later...

I would like to buy a replacement part for my 9 bot mini, can you please send me a link or advise how to buy the stronger Axis shown in the top photo.  I have the same problem with my one which broke in half.  Any help very much welcome.

Je voudrais acheter une pièce de rechange pour mon 9 bot mini, pouvez-vous m'envoyer un lien ou vous conseiller comment acheter l'Axe plus fort affiché dans la photo du haut. J'ai le même problème avec celui qui a éclaté dans la moitié. Toute aide est très bienvenue.

16 hours ago, Angel said:

I would like to buy a replacement part for my 9 bot mini, can you please send me a link or advise how to buy the stronger Axis shown in the top photo.  I have the same problem with my one which broke in half.  Any help very much welcome.

Je voudrais acheter une pièce de rechange pour mon 9 bot mini, pouvez-vous m'envoyer un lien ou vous conseiller comment acheter l'Axe plus fort affiché dans la photo du haut. J'ai le même problème avec celui qui a éclaté dans la moitié. Toute aide est très bienvenue.

In UK Speedyfeet selling this

https://www.speedyfeet.co.uk/collections/mini-pro-parts

Archived