INMOTION V8 Bluetooth

charlesrg

I decided to email them a somewhat stern email as well, so I'm curious what they'll have in response. Luckily, the version of the app in the Play store is still working with the turn off wifi and cellular method. Once the app has been started, I can turn everything back on and even multitask on my phone without it complaining when focusing the inmotion app again. It does crash from time to time, and then the whole process to connect has to be done over again.

Even though it sort of works now, I do have to say I'm really disappointed to figure out this is a problem after buying. I would have looked elsewhere, especially considering the price difference between the inmotion and other options, even at the crazy low price I got mine for.

• Upvote 1

Hello:), i become my v8 last week! The app dosn't work with my V8 from AliExpress. I have IOS , i tested in Airplane mode and/or without "Connection ".

in the Moment it works only with a VPN or with alternative App!

4 minutes ago, Snoppy said:

Hello:), i become my v8 last week! The app dosn't work with my V8 from AliExpress. I have IOS , i tested in Airplane mode and/or without "Connection ".

in the Moment it works only with a VPN or with alternative App!

Yeah.  Inmotion has a big warning saying that if you buy from non-dealers then the app wont work. go to their site and see if you can get help.

19 minutes ago, Carlos E Rodriguez said:

Yeah.  Inmotion has a big warning saying that if you buy from non-dealers then the app wont work. go to their site and see if you can get help.

I make the order before the Statement come's on the Website!

But i think that is Not the right way!

No Enduser was the Problem - the Problem was Inmotion- they sell the Parts to AliExpress Seller. They(Inmotion) can countrol it and change / warnend the Seller!

When the Enduser have Problem and will get no help-they will never  buy again from Inmotion! what was with very important firmware updates.... etc. 

Edited by Snoppy

Does anyone know which part actually stores the serial number? ewheels sells the control boards, which if they have the serial would be an easy way to stop the geoblocking (and still save some depending on the price from aliexpress).

I have about 400 miles on my V8 so far.  My experience with the Inmotion App Bluetooth is mixed.  I'm not sure what they are doing, but Inmotion's App seems to want priority control over all my Bluetooth connections.  On my iPhone, when I get the V8 to link up via Bluetooth, it permanently kicks my Hondalink (for my car audio system) off the list of Bluetooth connections; when I relink Hondalink, that kicks the Inmotion Bluetooth off of the list.  It's a real pain in the neck.  

But the Inmotion App doesn't really offer much more than control over the disco lights (which I don't use at all).  Darkness Bot (which I really like now; it is problem free and very informative) and 9BMetrics (Gyrometrics, which has a beautiful speedometer overlay of a full screen interactive map) both seem to play nicely with my iPhone's Bluetooth in a way that Inmotion doesn't.  If either app can figure out the disco lights, I guess they would have the whole package.  For right now, my inclination is to get rid of the Inmotion App and use Darkness Bot for internal information, combined with Cyclemeter for maps and telemetry.

Edited by Chris Westland
  • Upvote 1

I agree @Chris Westland the inmotion app seems difficult to use compared to Darkness bot, however Darkness app doesn't seem to have a way to end your ride?  It only seems to have the option to start a new one, which seems odd. The inmotion app also appears to get cranky if you aren't connected to the wheel and keeps notifying the user that it's not connected. I haven't played around with lights on the V8 at all as my cover is staying on it for a while, until I feel like I'm not going to scratch it all up.  It doesn't seem like either inmotion or Darkness bit apps have a good setup for riding logs, but maybe I'm missing that?  I'm assuming that's what you are using Cyclemeter for?  Tried that out a bit tonight and I liked it!

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Chris Westland said:

But the Inmotion App doesn't really offer much more than control over the disco lights (which I don't use at all).

It provides (among others) the mileage and a few useful settings, in particular setting max speed.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Mono said:

It provides (among others) the mileage and a few useful settings, in particular setting max speed.

Darkness Bot offers the mileage, but doesn't let you set top speed; I think the mileage is recorded in the wheel (IPS seems to record it in the app).

• Upvote 1

I have the inmotion app and DarknessBot app which work well with my v8. I like the UI of the darknessbot app more because it shows the critical info I need straight up. However I still fire up my inmotion app if I need to:

1.  Turn off / on disco lights 

2.  Disable motor kill switch under the handle if I'm using a luggage strap while letting my friends learn on it. So it doesn't kill the motor by accidental tugging of the luggage strap  through the carrying handle  

3.  Set max speed, which is 25km/h for me and for safety since I don't intend to wear full body armor. 

• Upvote 1

I've actually bought a cheap Android handset from Ali just to try an older app, funny thing tough the internal memory was to small so the app terminates all the time (4gb on MSDC) but nowhere to tell the app to stop using the internal memory. Anyways, that shit just got lying around. And while still with the spending pants on I bought an Apple watch which actually was way better than I was expecting and now after having it for a week can say that I will not look for another watch for a long time. Any who’s, the Applewatch worked flawlessly with the 9Bmetrics and it’s a perfect combo, getting warning on my wrist when going too fast, and easy to read speedo and battery right there on the arm. Couldn’t get any better. If you happen to have a bunch of money just laying around I would highly recommend the combo.

I’ll try the Darkness Bot next, I didn’t know it existed until just now.

One thing is sure; I will never buy a inMotion wheel again. Their customer service is just crap. I’ve reached out plenty of times and given them a lot of time to actually do something good, but all they come up with is the silent treatment after first stating that they would actually help me.

And for comparison I would actually hold my IPS T680W just as high as the V8. The IPS actually pulls stronger uphill… I’ve got a step hill which I climb every day on my way to work and the IPS wheel outperforms the V8. Battery time is also better and not so big difference in weight. The V8 is more comfortable, bigger pedals and smaller body but other than that I would actually hold my T680 higher. Especially if I also consider the price difference.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/15/2017 at 3:56 PM, Wax said:

I have the inmotion app and DarknessBot app which work well with my v8. I like the UI of the darknessbot app more because it shows the critical info I need straight up. However I still fire up my inmotion app if I need to:

1.  Turn off / on disco lights 

2.  Disable motor kill switch under the handle if I'm using a luggage strap while letting my friends learn on it. So it doesn't kill the motor by accidental tugging of the luggage strap  through the carrying handle  

3.  Set max speed, which is 25km/h for me and for safety since I don't intend to wear full body armor. 

There are hotkeys btw:

• Long press power button to enable disable headlight (everyone knows it I suppose)
  • Press handle button and long press power button to enable/disable disco (this one is trickie to figure out, happened accedently couple of times before I figured it out)

You're welcome :)

Edited by vet0n
  • Upvote 1

18 hours ago, vet0n said:

• Press handle button and long press power button to enable/disable disco (this one is trickie to figure out, happened accedently couple of times before I figured it out)

Only figured this out a few days ago. Was trying to turn the headlight on while carrying it, then noticed the LEDs swapping on and off instead. I have almost on reason to swap the light pattern, so that shortcut really helps in being able to just hop on without using the app. Just been using it to check total miles lately.

On 5/14/2017 at 0:27 AM, vet0n said:

There are hotkeys btw:

• Long press power button to enable disable headlight (everyone knows it I suppose)

You're welcome :)

You're a champ!  Was wondering how the heck my lights came on one time on their own. :)

• 5 months later...

Fyi got my v8 yesterday from Rockwheel on Aliexpress and the app works without airplane mode or turning anything off.

Not the greatest of apps.   Can't change the bluetooth password (as default is 7 0's and the app only allows 6 char so can't put in original to change it).

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

Hi, 

I got my V8 yesterday and probably run into the similar issue. My problem is that I can not even see the wheel in the BT settings, though. I tried all steps here with the old version of the app, China VPN, no cellular/wifi, etc. Any ideas what I can do? I also bought through some 3rd party directly from China. Maybe a mistake...

Thanks for your help!

• 2 years later...

Google Translate says:

Hello, the problem is that: when it detects that the application is working in a country other than China, it blocks YOUR phone, prohibiting access to the bluetooth module of the wheel, not the ip as many believe NO, because the ip if the phone who does not access the wheel if he went to another city the ip would change, and it would still not work.

This means that the phone's Bluetooth module has an ID that access to that ID is prohibited in the wheel's bluetooth module, so if you use another APP, it doesn't work either, for the same reason mentioned above, try to access the bluetooth of the mobile phone to the bluetooth of the wheel and this DENIES access. You can verify that even if you change the APP it does not work but if you take someone else's phone and install the app you will see as if you access, because the Bluetooth of the wheel has not blocked that phone,

Solution: "it worked for me" in the bluetooth id of the phone it usually has the name of the phone model, change the name and the app delete all the information on your wheel Serial number etc etc, delete the buffer from the settings section , delete all the profile data, unlink the wheel from the app, once all this is deleted, uninstall the app, and then restart the phone, and reinstall the app, BUT do not put the serial number, and when it is running NEVER put the positioning or gps, so that via gps or positioning they cannot locate it so that they block it again.

Solution PUT ANOTHER APP like EUC WORD, etc.

This has happened with Inmotion and with kingsong.

--

hola, el problema es que: al detectar que la aplicación esta funcionando en un país que no es china, Bloquea TU teléfono prohibiéndole el acceso a modulo bluetooth de la rueda, no la ip como muchos creen NO, por que la ip si el telefono que no accede a la rueda se fuese a otra ciudad la ip cambiaría, y seguiría sin funcionar. 

Esto quiere decir que que el modulo Bluetooth del teléfono Tiene una ID  que en el modulo del bluetooth de la rueda tiene prohibido el acceso esa ID, de manera que si utilizas otra APP, tampoco funciona, por el mismo motivo comentado anteriormente, intenta acceder el bluetooth del teléfono móvil al bluetooth de la rueda y esta le NIEGA el acceso. Podrás comprobar que aunque cambies de APP no funciona pero si coges el telefono de otra persona y instalas la app veras como si accedes, por que el Bluetooth de la rueda no ha bloqueado ese teléfono,

Solución: "a mi me ha funcionado" en la id del bluetooth del teléfono suele llevar el nombre del modelo del teléfono, cambiarle el nombre y el la app borrar toda la información de tu rueda Nº de serie etc etc, borrar bufer del apartado ajustes, borrar todo los datos del perfil, desvincular la rueda de la app, una vez borrado todo esto desistalar la app, y luego reiniciar el teléfono, y volver a instalar la app,  PERO no poner el numero de serie, y cuando este rodando NUNCA poner el posicionamiento ni gps, de manera que via gps o posicionamiento no lo puedan localizar para que se lo bloquean de nuevo.

Solución PONER OTRA aplicación como EUC WORD,  etc. 

Esto ha pasado con Inmotion y con kingsong.

Edited by meepmeepmayer
English translation added

I bought a long time ago a second hand V8 (bought in a shop in Paris), which connected well to smartphone of the previous owner. He deleted his wheel in his application in front of me and uninstalled the application.

However initially and for months i was not able to connect my Samsung S7 to my Inmotion V8 (it did not appear, but i could connect my smartphone with blutooth to other devices). Until one day i tried with a recent Iphone. It worked perfectly.

So maybe their app is just very buggy... (that was the case for me)

16 hours ago, Tetu Pergar said:

Hello, this problem after many threads on this topic read in other forums and social networks is the following:

How do you detect that the APP is working outside of China?

Through the positioning and location of your phone, you will be able to see that each time you start the Inmotion APP it asks for your permission to start the location, this is necessary if you plan to use the application's GPS to track your route the streets of your city or the mountains.

If you activate this option when nothing happens, BUT when you start the application's GPS at that moment through GPS and internet connection, they detect your position and can check where in the world you move with your wheel

How and when do you detect that the application is working in a country other than China?

These through your internet connection access your phone, and:

1st they check the ID (identity) of the bluetooth module of your phone (this identity is usually the name that you put to the Bluetooth of your phone by default it has the name of the phone),

2nd take advantage of the fact that the INMOTION SCV BLUETOOTH application is in operation to access the WHEEL,

3rd they access YOUR wheel, and in the wheel's bluetooth module they check all the possible IDs that the wheel has memorized (it memorizes all the connection IDs just like when you connect devices with your phone, these are memorized for other occasions of Connection).

Once the ID that matches the bluetooth module of YOUR phone has been identified in the Bluetooth module of YOUR WHEEL, by which through the location and GPS positioning you were located, that you were NOT in CHINA, this ID will be sent an error, that:

If at that moment, you are connected to your wheel, the Bluetooth connection between Your Wheel and the INMOTION APP on your phone is DISCONNECTED.

The normal thing is that if you are running on your Wheel you DO NOT notice anything, since nothing should happen, until you look at the application and you will see that it is not connected to the wheel.

When you start the APP and search for your wheel in the application, you can check that it detects other bluetooth devices but NOT the wheel.

And no matter how much you change the application. For example EUC WORLD you can check that the other applications do NOT work,

Why? Why do you have the error file in the blueton module of YOUR wheel, which has been told that the ID of YOUR phone does NOT let it connect to those wheels.

You can check on the wheel of a friend to try to connect to it with YOUR PHONE AND YOUR INMOTION APP and you will see that IF it lets you connect, since I repeat, it is the bluetooth module of your wheel that has the access prohibition of the ID of the bluetooth of your phone.

Another test that you can do is that your friend with YOUR PHONE and the Inmotion APP connects to your wheel and you will verify that they can.

SOLUTION THAT WORKED PERFECTLY FOR ME

IN THE APP

Remove from the application all the information about the wheel, serial number if you put it, all the profile data of your account that you could put, delete or clear the wheel buffer in the app settings section, and finally delete o uninstall the APP

ON THE PHONE

Change the phone's bluetooth module ID

Go to SETTINGS of the phone, BLUETOOTH section, and where it says device name CHANGE IT.

RESET THE PHONE

INSTALL APP

Install another free application such as EUC WORLD, (for me the best) WHEELLOG, etc., and YOUR phone should recognize YOUR wheel PERFECTLY.

You could install the same APP, and it would possibly work for you, BUT, remember to put the LESS possible data in this app, and when entering the phone code (which asks for it) leave the code +86 then your number or put an imaginary one AND NEVER the serial number of your wheel (although once connected by bluetooth it identifies the number), and NEVER put the GPS of this application or the same thing will happen again, and this time you may be blocked from the power button of the He rolls like a pass to a friend in his Inmotion V8.

In this case, apart from doing all of the above, unload the wheel as much as possible, remove the cover from the connection to the plate and disconnect from the battery for about 10 minutes.

But I advise you that even if you have this application installed for the ESSENTIAL, PUT ANOTHER APPLICATION like EUC WORD, etc.

This has happened with Inmotion brands and the same has happened with Kingsong.

TRADUCIDO CON GOOGLE TRADUCTOR

Hola espero que se entienda bien, lo he puesto en Ingles traducido con google traductor, y en Español para aquellos que no entiendan el Ingles ya que el traductor no traduce bien

la cuestion es que espero que os pueda servir de ayuda, la verdad es que cuando a mi me paso NO sabia nada del tema y gracias a esta pagina pude ver cual era el problema de mi NO conexion tras varios dias investigando y haciendo pruebas, con la IP al final pude comprobar que en MI caso el bloqueo estaba en la ID del bluetootn de mi teléfono que no lo admitía el modulo de la Rueda.

lo dicho espero haber ayudado, si tienen alguna pega o otro problema con inmotion díganmelo y lo estudiare y entre todos le daremos solución