INMOTION V8 Bluetooth

charlesrg

Anyone experiencing Bluetooth connecting and going away after few seconds?

i can discover and connect to my V8 but after a couple seconds I get a message:

"the function of app for this vehicle is not available in the area"

I already updated to the latest app. I'm using an iPhone 7 to talk to it.

Unfortunately I don't have enough time to manage it. It disconnects after 2 seconds.

please see attached picture

IMG_0471.PNG

More evidence that Inmotion is really on top of things.  I purchased my V8 from eWheels ( @Jason McNeil) and am really impressed by its performance.  Definitely easier to ride than anything else I've experienced.   As an alternative, if you purchased from Aliexpress, you could use @Paco Gorina's 9BMetrics, or for iPhone/Apple Watch the very nice app Cyclemeter (https://abvio.com/) which works well for EUCs.

• Upvote 3

Hello. I have the same issue. Turning off the gps change nothing.

I activated it 3 weeks ago. 

With a vpn I'm indeed able to connect with my V8. I'm using an iPhone 6S. 

With an Android iPhone, and the version 6.0.2 of the Inmotion apk I can connect with the V8 without the vpn. 

I hope it will help ;-)

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/25/2017 at 11:26 PM, charlesrg said:

I just disabled location services, disabled cellular data and turned WIFI off.

Just bought mine and faced the same issue.

Trick with disabling internet on cell helped, thank you very much!

Edited by vet0n
Added more information on the issue
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Just saying this issue is up on the board again since they decided to blueprint the serial number to the app and therefor the "offline" use doesn't work anymore (since last week).
Inmotion is in this case really showing how bad customer care is put in to place.

A 900$ customer investment which they don't seem to care much of at all.

• Upvote 1

On ‎04‎.‎02‎.‎2017 at 10:34 AM, vet0n said:

• For iPhone users, you dont care about money anyway, so just buy a new wheel :)

If only I could find where... Don't care much about iphones but no Luck in finding V8 to buy :(

11 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

aliexpress? Some choices there!

Out of 5 sellers I've contacted, none of them would ship to Norway anyway... and the more I read about V8 crashes/failures the more I want to buy locally with guaranteed legit source and seller that will honour the warranty.

EDIT:

I've nearly a theory about why there are so many cheap V8 on ali and why Inmotion will restrict the use of their app on those "grey" wheels... Maybe there are some QC issues and units that sells on ali would never hit the consumer by official channels....

Edited by Vik's

1 minute ago, Vik's said:

Out of 5 sellers I've contacted, none of them would ship to Norway anyway... and the more I read about V8 crashes/failures the more I want to buy locally with garanteed legit source and seller that will honour the warranty.

Ok...Sorry, didn't read that it was Norway...Ok, out of EU is a prob with ali...

7 hours ago, Vik's said:

Out of 5 sellers I've contacted, none of them would ship to Norway anyway... and the more I read about V8 crashes/failures the more I want to buy locally with guaranteed legit source and seller that will honour the warranty.

EDIT:

I've nearly a theory about why there are so many cheap V8 on ali and why Inmotion will restrict the use of their app on those "grey" wheels... Maybe there are some QC issues and units that sells on ali would never hit the consumer by official channels....

It's an EU-problem. You should join; I heard that there will soon be spot open since one of the islands is leaving ;-)

Really no issues with Aliexpress in the past and I bought a lot of stuff from bought Aliexpress, Alibaba and Ebay for that matter. When it says designed in Sweden (or Norway) it's usually made in China anyways. China and Asia makes a lot of products that we in Europe somehow claim to be lower quality, but it's just a matter of production costs... Like in Norway, you hire Sweds to do the work you think is to boring or low paid, and in Sweden we do the same but with people from the Poland and such. It's just market economy and you should be glad that you were born or live in Norway since it's probably the country with the best living standards overall. And o'oil are you rich ;-)

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Fredda66 said:

It's an EU-problem. You should join; I heard that there will soon be spot open since one of the islands is leaving ;-)

Really no issues with Aliexpress in the past and I bought a lot of stuff from bought Aliexpress, Alibaba and Ebay for that matter. When it says designed in Sweden (or Norway) it's usually made in China anyways. China and Asia makes a lot of products that we in Europe somehow claim to be lower quality, but it's just a matter of production costs... Like in Norway, you hire Sweds to do the work you think is to boring or low paid, and in Sweden we do the same but with people from the Poland and such. It's just market economy and you should be glad that you were born or live in Norway since it's probably the country with the best living standards overall. And o'oil are you rich ;-)

Personally, schengen is good enough for me, so no thanks to join EU :) Norway is paying full memebership and have to follow some of the not so clever laws already... But, let's not take up the politics here))

I understand and support you on that point that China is a great place to buy from, I am a addicted myself and have been buying stuff from various chinese sites for many years.

But I just saw a few persons here, describing some troubles with V8 resulted in faceplant and those EUC's were purchased on ali... Alas, I could be totally wrong here with my theory but netherless it force to be me much more cautious about choice of dealer/source where I would be willing to buy from..

I hope really that you get a solution for inmotion app to work with your EUC and wish you many many enjoyable miles on it! Don't let my scepsis take any of pleasure!

Edited by Vik's

27 minutes ago, Vik's said:

Personally, schengen is good enough for me, so no thanks to join EU :) Norway is paying full memebership and have to follow some of the not so clever laws already... But, let's not take up the politics here))

I understand and support you on that point that China is a great place to buy from, I am a addicted myself and have been buying stuff from various chinese sites for many years.

But I just saw a few persons here, describing some troubles with V8 resulted in faceplant and those EUC's were purchased on ali... Alas, I could be totally wrong here with my theory but netherless it force to be me much more cautious about choice of dealer/source where I would be willing to buy from..

I hope really that you get a solution for inmotion app to work with your EUC and wish you many many enjoyable miles on it! Don't let my scepsis take any of pleasure!

The app does not add any value. I just used the app to change the top speed from factory speed to the advertised top speed. So I did and and then it failed on me at top speed. So I went back to factory default speed. I've some scars that will remind me forever of not trusting what chinese manufacturers advertise.

Yes I still ride the wheel, but slower.

I don't think it makes a difference if you're buying from AliExpress,Gearbest,Ebay or the guy in the corner. They are trying to lock their distributors so they can charge what each person can afford according to their country. If the distributors complain about manufacturer selling directly they will loose their distributors, so they have to enforce any way they can. In this case the App GeoFence. EUC do really need distributors to make a push.

Edited by charlesrg

Hi, i read now these infos:huh:

I buy last week a V8 by ali! But i never here that!

Can i do anythink? Cellphone Iphone 6s- works it with a other App? 

My V8 was in Moment in the shipping process

What a bad idea from Inmotion! 

1 hour ago, Snoppy said:

Hi, i read now these infos:huh:

I buy last week a V8 by ali! But i never here that!

Can i do anythink? Cellphone Iphone 6s- works it with a other App? 

My V8 was in Moment in the shipping process

What a bad idea from Inmotion! 

The worst that can happen is that you have to do settings on a old app android from a friends phone...

After that you can use apps like Gyrometrics for daily use.

No problem....

Inmotion is doing that...KS has other things installed to protect their european sellers!

As European sellers had to add about 26% of custom to their prices...somehow they must stay competitive!

So i understand it...even if i dont like it, also!

On 28.3.2017 at 7:14 PM, Vik's said:

But I just saw a few persons here, describing some troubles with V8 resulted in faceplant and those EUC's were purchased on ali... A

I would guess that is just as most people Here are smart enough to safe money and know how to order on ali...also Inmotion is -by the time now-not as easy to get as other wheels....

For sure Inmotion has-like all other Euc producers- not two different kind of qualitymeasurements.

3 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

I would guess that is just as most people Here are smart enough to safe money and know how to order on ali...also Inmotion is -by the time now-not as easy to get as other wheels....

For sure Inmotion has-like all other Euc producers- not two different kind of qualitymeasurements.

I hear you. But there is a ninebot/xiaomi example where minPro and mi mini differs in quality of parts and materials. mi mini is supposed to be sold in mainland China only, while miniPro is for the rest of the world. And they differentiate them by not alowing to activate from non-chinese sim/location...

4 minutes ago, Vik's said:

I hear you. But there is a ninebot/xiaomi example where minPro and mi mini differs in quality of parts and materials. mi mini is supposed to be sold in mainland China only, while miniPro is for the rest of the world. And they differentiate them by not alowing to activate from non-chinese sim/location...

Yes...but that was total clear from the beginning

xiaomi mini 260wh...only china

mini pro 340wh (or so)...some differents with handle, wheels etc...

But a V8 is a V8....all 480wh/30kmh announced

Other example:

Kingsong is using the brandname Kingsong in all the world...but not China. In China its sidepads say "KSwheels" :-) (while footrests are still fat engraved with Kingsong, haha)

But other than that its the exact same wheel....only the fact that its just 2/3 or even less of the price when bought in China...

Marketing moves :-)

• Upvote 2