NYC EU group

johnc415

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/19/2015 at 9:35 PM, Cregster said:

After two weeks of practice I'm starting to feel confident enough to hit the streets.  Are you guys riding the sidewalks or streets in the city?

This question reminded me of a minor spill I had recently on a congested sidewalk in NYC.

I was trying to ride slowly through a narrow path on a congested sidewalk, I lost balance and fell off and my ninebot took a tumble. Just as I leaned over to pickup my EUC I overheard someone say, "That's why those are illegal!".  There's obviously still confusion about the legality of these devices.

Anyway, moral of the story, which I learned the hard way, treat your EUC like any bicycle and rarely if ever ride your EUC on the sidewalk.

I will go on the sidewalk but only if it's not congested and the street is risky (due to traffic or potholes) to use at the moment.

• 1 year later...

JUN25/2017

Join us for a group e-ride on Sunday, June 25th, all NYC area e-rideables welcome!

MEET
11AM: Starbucks 125th Street 
- corner of 125th St & Malcolm X Blvd / Lenox Ave across from the 2-3 125th St Subway station

DESTINATION
Bohemian Hall & Beer Garden
https://www.yelp.com/biz/bohemian-hall-and-beer-garden-astoria

ROUTE 
https://goo.gl/maps/Fn5wNakF3nT2
• approx 15 miles, subject to change

> start @ Starbucks 125th St 
> Randall Island Loop 
> RFK Bridge 
> LUNCH: Bohemian Hall & Beer Garden (Astoria) 
> LIC 
> Roosevelt Island Loop 
> end @ NYC Roosevelt Island Tram station
Queens Islands Group e-Ride, Sun 06/25

https://www.facebook.com/events/314677438983767

• Upvote 1

Great weather tomorrow in NYC to ride the Roosevelt & Randal Island park loops!, then have some ?,,? @ Bohemian Hall & Beer Garden (Astoria, Queens)

All are welcome!

(my GT16 and Monster will be in the mix, if NYC people wanted to try)

Details: https://www.facebook.com/events/314677438983767/

Any more group rides coming up soon? I'd like to burn some rubber with my GW Monster in The Big Apple. I am not local but can make a day trip up there no problem on a weekend.

22 hours ago, edwin_rm said:

Any more group rides coming up soon? I'd like to burn some rubber with my GW Monster in The Big Apple. I am not local but can make a day trip up there no problem on a weekend.

Our rides haven't been as regular in the past, but if you PM me your FB user, I can add you to the NYC EUC chat, and add you to the NYC Rideables Group we recently created for the express purposes of meetup event invites.

One of our riders has a Monster on the way, and I ride one as well; it would be awesome to be 3 Monsters deep!

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

Our rides haven't been as regular in the past, but if you PM me your FB user, I can add you to the NYC EUC chat, and add you to the NYC Rideables Group we recently created for the express purposes of meetup event invites.

One of our riders has a Monster on the way, and I ride one as well; it would be awesome to be 3 Monsters deep!

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Thanks to everyone for the ride this past weekend, had a great time(could have done without the wipe out though).  Here's the route myself and Edwin took.  Most of you guys were on with us at some point along the way.  We rode until dark and racked up about 51 miles worth of riding.  Look forward to the next time.  

NYC Ride.png

• Upvote 3

18 minutes ago, CaptainKBLS said:

Argh!  I was there this weekend.  I should have checked here.

Sorry we missed you! Was a great weekend to ride either way!

An offset of us were on the West Side Hudson Greenway bike path as well, except headed north, across the George Washington Bridge into New Jersey, then back.

21 minutes ago, CaptainKBLS said:

Be alert.  A bunch of punks was taking over the trail around pier 83.  One tried pull my backpack handle and made me drop my ACM16.

Might've been the group of fat bike kids popping wheelies that we passed on the Greenway that mischievously 'tried' to push us as we passed. In the end, they're just kids with nothing to do, but harmless if you stay alert (can't bike that fast)

On 8/21/2017 at 10:34 PM, houseofjob said:

Sorry we missed you! Was a great weekend to ride either way!

An offset of us were on the West Side Hudson Greenway bike path as well, except headed north, across the George Washington Bridge into New Jersey, then back.

Might've been the group of fat bike kids popping wheelies that we passed on the Greenway that mischievously 'tried' to push us as we passed. In the end, they're just kids with nothing to do, but harmless if you stay alert (can't bike that fast)

I'm not sure if I agree that they're harmless.  If you get push off even at 10mph, there'll be damage to you or the wheel.  I was really nervous when my kids were riding.

5 hours ago, CaptainKBLS said:

I'm not sure if I agree that they're harmless.  If you get push off even at 10mph, there'll be damage to you or the wheel.  I was really nervous when my kids were riding.

Ah yes, if they're pushing your whole family, that's a whole different issue.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello

I need some to test ride my new Tesla EUC

(Sorry for the duplicate posting.  I have reposted this message here because it seemed more appropriate here.)

I recently bought a Tesla Wheel new from the factory in China.

I am having what I believe are power issues, others think it is me.

I need to meet with someone who is a competent EUC rider.

So I  may resolve the question:

Is it the Wheel?

or

Is it me?

I live in NYC - (Bronx - near Van Cortlandt Park & 242 St )

I work in the Times Square Area. 

or I will also travel to anywhere in Manhattan that might be convenient. 

My schedule is flexible.

I would like to meet up with someone  to test ride my Tesla

Whats in it for you. 

Meeting a new fellow rider.

Coffee

My eternal gratitude. 

Tesla Test Ride - Free

If there are general meetings or get-togethers I would be interested to hear about them.

Thank You.

33 minutes ago, charlesrg said:

Hey guys, I'm downtown by the Staten island ferry.  I've a InMotion v8 if anyone wants to exchange wheels to try it out I'm up.

PM me if you're on FB and/or Telegram and want to be added to the local groups.

• 1 month later...
55 minutes ago, Jack Spaulding said:

Hello there, I'm from long island and am looking for info on group rides. just got a KS18s (so much fun)  and am a new rider.

PM me and/or click the icon links in my signature on desktop browsers.

• 2 months later...