San Diego CA (USA)

8 hours ago, master255 said:

What for? It's just transport.

There are many who would disagree. A lot of us just enjoy getting out to ride in the fresh air, seeing nature, and for many of us, doing it with others who also have fun riding EUCs increases the pleasure when it is a shared experience. 

That being said, I also use mine to commute to and from work. My route doesn't include having to get past trolls, so it's also a fun way to transport myself to my job. 

On 1/10/2017 at 1:34 PM, dbaile0132 said:

Just moved to the San Diego area. Any EUC riders around that want to start a group?

There are a number of riders out your way that seem to get together regularly. @Marty Backe is one. 

13 minutes ago, dbfrese said:

There are many who would disagree. A lot of us just enjoy getting out to ride in the fresh air, seeing nature, and for many of us, doing it with others who also have fun riding EUCs increases the pleasure when it is a shared experience.

It would be nice to have a group of riders to socialize with while taking in the sites!  @master255 You do not ride for pleasure?

13 hours ago, master255 said:

What for? It's just transport.

I rarely use my wheels for transport. I think of them as a type of motorcycle, and many people (myself included) enjoy riding for the fresh air, scenery, and camaraderie when group riding. Group rides are always a fun time. 

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
28 minutes ago, gr8ps said:

Mission Valley here. Let's get something going, maybe by 2019 judging by the rate of activity in this thread. 

Look up @Joey Serrin, very active on Facebook and now associated with EWheels. He rides in your neck of the woods.

I usually ride the Mission Beach boardwalk from the roller coaster to PB then work my way back around Mission Bay.   In order to do this route you have to be confident with riding around crowds.  

Balboa park and downtown near the water are also good options.

4 hours ago, jdx911 said:

I usually ride the Mission Beach boardwalk from the roller coaster to PB then work my way back around Mission Bay.   In order to do this route you have to be confident with riding around crowds.  

Balboa park and downtown near the water are also good options.

How crowded we talking here? My wheel tells me I got 45 miles on her so that is my effective riding experience. 

On 12/22/2017 at 5:02 PM, gr8ps said:

How crowded we talking here? My wheel tells me I got 45 miles on her so that is my effective riding experience. 

This time a year there are not too many people.   Also, there are other nice scenic routes that bypass the boardwalk.

On 1/10/2017 at 10:34 AM, dbaile0132 said:

Just moved to the San Diego area. Any EUC riders around that want to start a group?

I just started  a Meetup in San Diego.  I prepared a fun route and Social drink meetup spot after the ride! I'm excited to ride with SD EUC riders!

Please come and join our First  Local San Diego Meetup Ride. - Click or Copy and Paste the Url below.

http://meetu.ps/e/DG6xm/1Sf4Z/f

4 hours ago, GreenWheel said:

I just started  a Meetup in San Diego.  I prepared a fun route and Social drink meetup spot after the ride! I'm excited to ride with SD EUC riders!

Please come and join our First  Local San Diego Meetup Ride. - Click or Copy and Paste the Url below.

http://meetu.ps/e/DG6xm/1Sf4Z/f

Great.  I'll try to attend this.

Archived